The Angel-y-n-x Oracle

Chronata

I was just flipping through my local free new age magazine (the Monthly Aspectarian) when I saw an article and an ad for this deck.

www.angelynx.com

The Angel-y-n-x Cards...and an introduction to "Angelish"

It has to do with the written word being a kind of spell casting, like a mix of homonyms and puns, and reimaginings of English spellings as a kind of hidden language in everday speech.

This is utterly fascinating to me.

I remember reading a bit about this in Linda Goodman's Starsigns... ages ago, as well as a book called Our Babel-The Hidden Keys in Language but I don't recall who wrote it, because I have since misplaced it...

Anyway...back to the cards...

what struck me about them was not the language thing, or keywords at all...but the images themselves...which to me were very striking and oddly...very powerful.

I am really considering getting these cards.

I almost did, a few minutes ago....

Which is weird...because I am not usually so spontaneous when it comes to deck buying. I often wait YEARS before I purchase, because I have been burned too many times with buying something before I researched it well enough.

And I just noticed that there is a review of them here on Aeclectic.

Does anyone else have them? And what do you think of this deck as an oracle of words?...and possibly as an oracle that might be read intuitively as well?

WhiteRaven

WOW!

Thanks for the heads up!

I went to the website and where you are to fill out the form for ordering it says that there is a discount available. Have you emailed to find out what that is exactly?

The artwork is amazing....it draws one right into the card!

~Jo

lark

WOW
Just went through all the cards.
nice site...you really get a good idea of what you'll be getting.
Very fresh, interesting concept.
I haven't been tempted to buy a new deck in a long time but this one might break the ice!

Jewel-ry

They are lovely...quite mesmerising. I feel tempted myself. Thanks for the heads up Chronata :)

Moonbow

A facinating book and deck. The slideshow is mesmerising, I see the vesica pisces in many cards and also DNA, spiders and of course the L.y.n.x

I would be interested to know what people with knowledge of other languages and of the Hebrew alphabet think of these.

Chronata

ooh! Glad to see that I am not alone here! :D

I think there's something really appealing about the left brain right brain reading concept too...

Paintings that you lose yourself in...and language that you find yourself in!

It's like working through crossword puzzles that are moving in three dimensions or something. I like that combination.

I may still order them. The phone number is an area code in Chicago (not surprising...as it's in a Chicago magazine) so i may get them really soon! :)

I will let you all know if I do!

Cerulean

Actually I like the 'crostic' wordplay

Remember when you were a kid and those puzzle word books or games that involved making up a sentence of small words from a larger word? This reminds me of that word-play and so the idea is fun for me.

I need to look at the images more, as initially the scans looked like some shimmer-mandala-radial kind of thing you can get on your computer when it plays a CD and there's random patterns and images like mini-screen-saver blurs. Psychadelic or fractel or spirograph or kaleidoscopes colors are so pretty--reminds me of marbelized paper that I enjoy. I like the Revelations Tarots partly because I wanted the unique color blends in at least one deck...but for me, only one such deck.

Thanks for the very creative heads up!

Cerulean

Jewel-ry

If anyone is interested - I e-mailed and received a reply and they will ship to the UK. They will let me know the cost on Monday so providing its not too extortionate I will probably order them.

I have just been back through the site again and I too find the images very powerful and really love the play on words. Its like learning a whole new language and it makes so much sense too!

btw - Some of the images remind me of those in the faerie oracle.

:)

Jewel-ry

I received this deck this week.

I have been far too busy to spend much time with it yet but feel it has potential. I have pulled a couple of daily cards and found myself breaking up my words into angelish!!!

e.g. extinction and x - sting - shun

I keep doing it now...

:)

Chronata

Just wanted to bump this up and tell anyone who is interested that they should definitely get one of these beautiful decks!

Mine is coming in the mail this week! :)

While I was doing readings this past week for Mardi Gras, I met the wife of the artist of this deck!
(she is a fabulous tribal belly dancer and lovely person!)

This deck is self published, and still very much a local phenom...but I love the idea that AT folks and others around the world can have the opportunity to buy one as well...
It is one of the most unique oracle decks I have seen!

As soon as it arrives I expect to do many many readings here with it! :D