I'm a Cancer

niah

The Cancer stereotype does NOT fit me. I'm not loving, maternal, ect. In fact, I don't enjoy children, and I'm not loving at all. LOL :) I AM creative, and I do pull into my shell often.

:TCHAR

lunalafey

What's your rising? Where's your moon?

Often times people squwak at astrology because the newspaper reports don't ever figure into one's life. A personality is not based on just your sun sign...other(many)thing factor into WHO you are.
If you are interested in finding out why? pick up the study, finding out why astology doesn't work is part of finding out why it does. Let me know what you find...(a shell is a capi thing, the opposite of cancer, might be something there)
BTW, HI...have not seen you here before...

niah

I recently got my internet back. :) Thanks.

PurpleGoddess

it takes time!

just to let you know at your age, i too couldn't stand children. wasn't nuturing at all and kids would cry every time i held them.

i'm now, 39! love children, don't have any of my own but someday i hope so. also the little ones seem to gratitate towards me when i'm out w/friends or at a gathering. maybe because now im more in touch w/my inner child. my inner spirit is ready for children but the hard shell around my heart/soul needs to be cracked down. i'm in transition like we all have in our lives. also my creativity is blocked because of this pain..bitterness. so i'm holding onto alot. this too shall pass as they say.

don't worry so much about "what you should be" based on your sign. it's going to be based on what's on the inside. give yourself another 21 yrs, you might love children too! but if you don't who care? that's just who you are...individual!

peace and light!
:TQC

Yemana

I just found out that my moon is in Scorpio, boy did that explain a few things because I'm an Aries and just don't fit a typical Arian. My Rising sign is Capricorn and that doesn't fit either. Can anyone help me, I feel so lost!

Thirteen

Hello fello Cancer!

Hey, Niah! Happy Birthday--sometime this month, right?

I don't like "kids" either, but that's not what maternal means. Being a "motherly" type means you like to take care of "someone" or "something." Think of what mothers are like--isnt there something in your life--a person or thing, a business or whatever, that is your "baby"? You nurture it, protect it, make sure it grows and woe to anyone who tries to harm it.

That's what Cancer is about. Not just kids. And while we're at it, let's remember we're crabby as well. Soft on the inside, yes, but on the outside--that's one hard shell we've got. So just because the nice astrology books usually mention only our loving, motherly part, doesn't mean that's all there is to it. We can be very far from loving. Crabs have claws. We can be gasping, selfish and downright nasty. And proud of it ;-)

niah

That's me. Grabbing and nasty. LOL :)

PurpleGoddess

a combo of everything!

like to sea and it's tides my moods change to. flirty and loving one minute, crabby and pinching the next. that's why i need strong characteristics around me..they ground me but they're the only ones who can handle my mood swings.

love to all crabs!!!

coldsuns

Hey Cancerians! Im one too. Be careful..i will *pinch* you suddenly when you never see me behind you! Yes..im a scAry crab that is vengeful and full or worries on how to get revenge! But..i'm caring, lovely, helpful, friendly, adorable and kind to those who needs me. Im emotional and love children. I always want to be a Social Worker ^_^

Minderwiz

I think its a bit of a mistake to see Cancerians as necessarily loving mother types. Children are fifth House activities - but Cancer is much more fourth House - the home, roots, the past and these do not have to have the patter of tiny feet - indeed making sure the fridge is well stocked is much more Cancerian than feeding the baby.

Cancerians don't like being pinned down or trapped and in a way that's just what children do to you. Cancerians also like to have their own private retreat - a room where they can go to to get away from other people.

However Cancer is concerned with nurturing - but that may be ideas, feelings, friendships (once established) rather than children.

You might also check your other planetary placements and your Ascendant to get a better picture of your energy balance.