Ever draw a court card for a court card clarifier?

sharpchick

Sure, you have. . . Ok, now how about another court card of the same suit?

Sometimes in one, two or three card spreads, if I draw a court card, I'll draw a clarifying card to determine if the court card represents a person or the attributes of the court card instead. Lately - according to my journal, six times in the last five weeks' daily readings - the clarifier I've drawn is another court card of the same suit. Four of those times it's been the king clarifying the knight or vice versa.

Those are "smack-myself-on-the-forehead" moments for me. . . it's like the deck is saying, "What I just told you, you ninny. . ."

Am I the only person this happens to this frequently?

tmgrl2

Maybe the clarifier is saying...

"I'M A PERSON, A PERSON, not a quality."

I'm sure that when you reflect quiety during the reading, you will have an idea what the clarifier is saying.

I tend to not pull clarifiers for cards during a reading. I might draw two cards for each position from the outset.

Just my style.

terri

dadsnook2000

A possibility

Kate Warwick-Smith has a book on the Tarot Court Cards. There are several Court Card books out right now but hers take quite a different approach, as she sees the Court character's as playing various types of roles -- supportive, distractive, challenging. It all depends upon several factors to use these views correctly but I've tested them and found them to be quite telling.

Clarifying a Court card with another Court card, in her system, would paint a picture of how the people around the querent were reacting, controlling, influencing her. You might want to check this approach out. Dave

Added: I have also started using the energy flow approach that Rober Place advocates in his book on tarot symbology. This works well especially when the court cards are involved.

Free Flight

Happens to me all the time. I have even gotten cranky enough at a double court pull (one being a clarifyer) and then gone to pull another and twice I swear this happened ended up with 2 more courts. total four!

thats being smacked on the wrist