Cat Comfort Cards

Elven

This deck contains 50 very brightly colored cards which have an illustration on one side (a cat), and a heading to match. On the reverse side - a short but sweet message.

The introduction card explains (from a cats point of view) that the cards can be used to inspire and guide the seeker. Unfortunately that is the only text which is comes with the deck - there is no book or broad explaination to accompany any of the cards.

More a deck of inspirational cards - they're all pretty tame (or should I say they're 'domesticated' LOL!!)

This is more a childrens deck - than an adult deck! But you would have to initially guide a child in how to use them as there are no instructions - so to speak.

Actually its a pity - because the concept is a good one for kids (IMHO) - even if it is a bit cutesy - but the cards are very predictable in their one line explaination on the back.

Im just wondering what else I can use them for - maybe if I punch holes around the edges I can crochet them together and make a beach bag or a table cloth or something!!

LOL!!!
Blessings
Elven x

Elven

I forgot to add - they're by Kat Lover & Kitty Wisdom. Hahahahahahaha:p

WhiteRaven

I haven't seen these....but I've heard of them. I do believe they are similar to Susan Boulet's two decks....not the artwork.....but the concept. In otherwords, they are more for a daily affirmation than for reading purposes. They must be cute though!

Chronata

OMG! I just saw these!

(they are listed in ATs deck section)

This has to be THE defination of a fluffy deck!

If they were any fluffier or cuter...this deck might make me retch. :D

WolfSpirit

I was updating/browsing my amazon wishlist and had completely forgotten about these :D I think they will be fun if not overdosed.
I could not find them in the list of decks at Aeclectic maybe I am not looking right.

They are kind of bright aren't they ?
Hm what makes you think they are just for children ? ;)

Chronata

OMG! The deck I found was something COMPLETELY different!

Looking at the Cat Comfort cards...I think they are kinda cute...in that goofy harmless way that I think all Hay House cards are.

oh...THIS is what I discovered on AT...
prepare to become enslaved by utter adorableness that makes you want to screeeeeaaaammmmmm for mercy..

The fluffiest of fluffy decks...
Cat Wisdom cards

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/cat-wisdom/

Elven

Elven said:
This is more a childrens deck - than an adult deck! But you would have to initially guide a child in how to use them as there are no instructions - so to speak.
WolfSpirit said:
Hm what makes you think they are just for children ?

Maybe I should say instead - this would be a great childrens starting deck. When I read what id written, I think it does sound a bit condescending of the deck - it would make a good intuitive deck too :)

Chronata - LOL!!! I have the Cat Wisdom Cards! There is Dog Wisdom Cards as well!! I might do a raffle on one of those decks ;)

Blessings
Elven x

WolfSpirit

Those Cat Wisdom cards ARE very cute. That kittie on the "alarm" card looks like my big tomcat when he was little and fluffy, he always had his hair standing out like that. I don't think I would guess the message, when I see it I don't think "alarm" I think "fluffball" lol.

I agree Elven the Comfort Cards can be used for all ages for those who like them. I think I should really get them :)

Owlface

cat comfort cards

I usually don't like Hay House cards (too fluffy by half-YMMV) and I was very wary when I first read of these ones. I totally love cats, but I don't like them depicted in a cutesy way. I must say when I found these in Waterstone's, I was pleasantly surprised. I'd call them funky rather than cutesy. I really love the colours-shocking pink, tangerine, lime-green-just right to bring cheer into your life on a grey winter's day in the northern hemisphere :)

No, they are not deep. But I must say, I don't mind the relative lack of words. I don't want to be told complex meanings and interpretations every time I pick up a set of cards.

These are a comfort deck, for children AND for adults. The thoughts on the back of the cards are refreshingly free of psychobabble. The cardstock itself is of good quality and the cards come in a nice box which doesn't fall apart afterwards.

Chronata

The more I look at the Cat Comfort cards...the more I kinda like them!

And I am likingb the idea that with a little intuition these might be a neat little oracle deck.

I have also been wondering if the names of the creators are just alias for other Hay House authors!
Heh. Maybe they are Louise and Doreen!

Oh..and the Cat Wisdom cards are growing on me too! sooooo fluffy!
and the Dog Wisdom cards are cute as all get out too!

Like I need more cute...
But (sigh) they are becoming sort of irresistable....

I am giving into thier secret weapon!