Purchasing tarot decks and the "death card"

rash212

I have noticed a certain trend in me, whenever i'm seeing a new deck online and if I find the "death card" attractive , (by the ways, i find alot of decks have the best illustrations on the death card:) ) , i make up my mind to buy that deck!!!

Thus, wanted to know has anyone experienced this kind of thing or what are they attracted to most when buying a deck??

rash

Blue Fury

My favourite card in any deck is generally The Star, so if I don't like that particular card, then I tend to not like the deck as much. I also love The Magician, and if I think he's a bit naff looking that will ruin the whole deck for me too.

Fury x

tarantulacat

I find myself looking at The Hanged Man card of a deck. If I'm too put off by The Hanged Man, I don't buy the deck. If I like the Hanged Man, I'm buying the deck faster than you can blink.

FaeryGodmother

The court cards make a difference to me. If I can't read the courts then I don't buy the deck.

kerri28

I too am a big court fan. I also have to click with the pips as well, cant do non descriptive pips.

Tongodiva

I do the death card or the hermit, or the devil... if the death card looks too scary *giggle* then i'll reconsider ;)

T.

thatonegirl

I always look at the high priestess, the lovers, and the queen of pentacles.
Im picky and tough to please.

arctic-stranger

high priestess here.

a_shikhs

For me The High Priestess, Hemit, and the Star have to be attractive in a deck.. These are the first three cards that i check in a new deck.. ;)

Grizabella

For me it's the death card, too. I don't like skeletons and other really gross death cards. The Gilded death card is a skull, but it's still kind of a pretty card and matches the black organdy bag that comes with the deck, so I don't mind that one so much.