PDA

View Full Version : Advertisements forum

GeorgiePorgie
25-01-2006, 18:35
Firstly, I apologise if this has been asked before, I did do a search but couldn't find what I was looking for, and didn't see any "sticky notes" in the advertisements section.

Secondly, I understand that only subscribers can post replies and advertisements in the advertisements section.

But (and my question finally is) do you have to BE a subscriber to view attachments?? I can view attachments in the Games forum so it is something about the advertisements forum...

For example, I really want to see what Elven makes and have been trying to look at the attachments in This thread (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=51623) but I keep getting a message ie. you do not have permission to access this page. I don't want to advertise but I do want to see what others are advertising.

(emphasis mine)
Ability to Post Advertisements

Advertise your conference, workshop, store, product or website in the Advertisements forum. This forum is visible to everyone - forum guests, regular members and subscribers.

Is anyone else (non subscriber) having this same problem or is it a weirdosity just for me??

Or is this completely normal?

Thankyou...

gregory
25-01-2006, 20:51
I fear it may be just you. I just logged out and came in as a guest and it was fine..... (NOW of course all my new post searches are messed up as it - well, you don't want to know. I am not logging out again in a hurry.)

GeorgiePorgie
26-01-2006, 06:01
How weird. I'm gonna try viewing them as guest and see what happens...

GeorgiePorgie
26-01-2006, 06:12
I can't even log out. It asks me if I am sure I want to log out, then I say OK, then it comes up with a page saying something like where do I want to go next forum index or the page I was last looking at and I click one of them, and bingo there I am all logged on.

Stupid computers. Stupid technology.

:(

gregory
26-01-2006, 07:27
I can't even log out. It asks me if I am sure I want to log out, then I say OK, then it comes up with a page saying something like where do I want to go next forum index or the page I was last looking at and I click one of them, and bingo there I am all logged on.

Stupid computers. Stupid technology.

:(
Try clearing your cache and rebooting after you log off ?

Try Solandia ???

GeorgiePorgie
26-01-2006, 14:15
OK, logging out finally worked however viewing (attempting to) the (Elvens) attachments just got me this message:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: (then various reasons listed)

I am using IE6. The same thing happens in Outlook.

What, how, why, ?? :confused:

gregory
26-01-2006, 17:32
You're right - I just tried from work, where I always have to sign in specially..... I can't get at the attachments either. WEIRD (but when you say "From outlook...." how would you do that ?)

But non-subscribers can see other attachments..... PM the mod in charge of this area !!!

GeorgiePorgie
26-01-2006, 17:56
Now you are stretching me Gregory, when I come online I can either click that little blue "e" (Launch Internet Explorer) or I Launch Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (this recieves my mail as well as browses the internet and personal calendar and I think it has a journal thingie too..and probably loads of other things I haven't worked out yet..) It probably still is Explorer just shows it in a different way maybe? I'm not sure?

But anyway, I can see the attachments just fine in the Identify this deck game, it is just (as far as I know) the Advertisements area that doesn't like me.

gregory
26-01-2006, 19:45
Let's hope Solandia sees this. I did PM Elven, in case she has a website....

:D

GeorgiePorgie
26-01-2006, 20:21
I already checked that with Elven and she was worried that she had done something wrong in the attachments, but she can't have. It must be something to do with (most likely) me or (possibly) strange forum weirdosities.

gregory
27-01-2006, 00:46
It isn't you - I get the same effect at work..... :(

Solandia
27-01-2006, 20:20
Hi Georgie, all members should be able to view attachments on ATF. I checked and one of the settings for the Advertisements forum was set incorrectly; I've changed it now and you should be able to download attachments here. Let me know if you have any more problems.

~ Solandia

GeorgiePorgie
27-01-2006, 20:50
A 100 thankyou's - I've checked Elvens little thread just now, and I can see every last wonderful creation via the attachments. :)

gregory
28-01-2006, 01:39
As always – Solandia is the biz :love: (are you passing this way any time soon ? I have a problem with a relational database….!! :( It worked fine till today…. For 4 YEARS !)