Signficance to being born under the full moon

bladeraven

I was curious about this, but both Grasshopper and well..soon to be Cricket were and are both to be born during a full moon...other than the fact that they are probrably werewolves...is there ususally an astrological influence to them sharing that?

dadsnook2000

Repeating patterns

Often family members will have either some of the same patterns as others in the family, or patterns involving the same planets -- just in a different arrangement. We might think of this as a form of astrological genetics.

Having a full moon, or Sun opposed Moon, pattern may or may not be significant. It probably is, but it doesn't have to be. Each of us seems to respond to some patterns or elements in our chart while ignoring others. As a general rule, which can be greatly modified by other chart factors, the Sun-Moon opposition points to people who seek and learn from relationships, who are aware of where others are at and are coming from. That's not to say that they are great a making friends, they could be antagonistic, but they will be involved in relationships of one sort or another as a means of learning about life. If the opposition pattern also involves other planets, then that will modify what I indicated. Dave

bladeraven

That was a very interesting point to make and I appreciate it...it really didn't hit me about the full moon or "Sun Opposed Moon" until I notice that both were going and will be born under a full moon and I wasn't sure how to take that in account with other aspects of their astrological pattern...I had consider the year that they were born (Chinese new year) and their zodiac signs as well as time frames but then was thinking..wait..what about the full moon??

I guess I need to also take a look at the other planets as well than and see how that will all interplay??

wizzle

I see the full moon as a more objective moon than would be the norm, less personal. So this sort of moon can empathize better with others than can a new moon which is more concentrated within itself.

bladeraven

So long as I'm not being told to keep silver and wolfbane from the kids and I have to shave them every full moon..that's great..lol

I really need to go back and look up Grasshopper's chart...it's just one of those..there's been emphasis on when Cricket is being born and lately I kept thinkng..hmm..full moon full moon...does timing play factor..?? Lol..I really need to break out my astrology books and start learning...

Tk2dsky

From the companion book to the Moon Oracle by Caroline Smith and John Astrop :

"All those born at Full moon and during the three and a half days after are Full Moon types. If you were born at this time you have a need to be in the public eye, to be recognized for your achievements and to see those achievements have an effect on the world. There is always an objective and clear understanding of the relationship between personal and social factors. "

not too much information....but a little something.

Here is a link if you are interested: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/moon-oracle/

B*B
Ericka

dadsnook2000

For Tk2dsky

Tk2dsky, I can't say that I agree in any way with what you quoted. It may be quite appropriate for the Moon Oracle deck you quoted but astrologically it is all wrong. What you quoted is, for astrological applications, appropriate for a 3/4 phase moon cycle but not an opposition cycle. Dave

tink27

dadsnook2000

In regard to being born on the full moon and seeking some kind of fame, I was born on the full moon, and can be classed as a Seeker and a Hermit. I do not seek out others, but sometimes others seek me out. We can go through an intense exchange and either form a friendship or go separate ways, with a fond remembrance and prospering from each other.

tink

wizzle

Tk2dsky said:
From the companion book to the Moon Oracle by Caroline Smith and John Astrop :

"All those born at Full moon and during the three and a half days after are Full Moon types. If you were born at this time you have a need to be in the public eye, to be recognized for your achievements and to see those achievements have an effect on the world. There is always an objective and clear understanding of the relationship between personal and social factors. "
The difficulty with this interpretation is that the Moon moves at about 12.2 degrees per day. If you multiply that by 3.5 you have an orb of something like 42 degrees. I don't know any astrologer who works with orbs of that size. For an astrologer the Moon is in opposition to the Sun for an orb of about 10 degrees or less. That would be a day on either side of the exact full moon at best.

And while the Moon is "the public" and the Sun is a need for adulation, this is only one possible materialization of this opposition. A full Moon in a natal chart is more a tension between the subjective/internal and the objective/external. It could equally well manifest as a conflict between home and it's duties and the requirements of a career.