Asteroid Study: Ceres

paradoxx

The largest asteroid known, ceres (who may go by the name Demeter)is the mother goddess. She is the symbol of the great nuturer and caretaker, what makes us feel respected and appreciated. Ceres represents how we see ourselves and our self worth (how much we spend on ourselves as opposed to spending on others or how much is spent on us) and is represented by our eathing habits and food preferences.

some more background

www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/ceres.html
www.goddess.astrology.com/ceres
www.artcharts.com/aspects/ceres/about.html
www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Ceres21.1.html
http://www.geocities.com/stacydavidoff/Asteroids.html

as of january 28th, 2006, Ceres is direct at 20 Capricorn

Ceres is an option in www.astro.com expanded selection
------------
Ceres for me is suaully related ot stomach issues, but also viruses in general, in conjunction to the moon, sensitive reactions may occur, in conjunction to the sun might promote a hefty appitite. Anyone else have any ideas as to how ceres affects us through the zodiac?

tink27

Ceres

Hi Paradoxx,

My knowledge of Ceres, is as follows:

Ceres represents what nurtures us and how we go about being nurtured. It represents the principle of unconditional love and acceptance. From my course in Astrology we learned Ceres can sometimes be called the Great Mother or The great Earth Mother. She gives freely with the principle of sharing and care-giving.

When Ceres in in the Fire Signs, this nurturing takes on the form of encouragement and praise.

WHen in a Earth Sign, it takes on the form of stabilizing and structuring.

In an Air Sign Ceres helps us to relate and communicate with one another

In Water Signs, Ceres takes on the role of offering sympathy and understanding.

Ceres also is said to represent all that nourishes and I think she is also known as "Goddess of the Grain. People who love to plant or perhaps by trade are gardeners and farmers have Ceres prominent in their chart. Also cooks, bakers and even nutritional counselers. Ceres loves to care to animals, people with this in their chart make great veterinarians.

Perhaps others will be able to provide a more indepth study.

tink

paradoxx

my cers in leo (my 12th house) doe sencourag eme to give encouragment the best way i know how, i have foudnthsi to be my tactic of choice when trying ot get others into a galvanized position of action. in teh lions sign, ceres gains recognition and reputation through a process of truly building trust and rapport.