Analyzing circle chart....

abella

Would anyone know what it means when all the planents, aspects, etc.. are on one side of the chart, all over the chart, on certain sides of the chart, etc..?

I found a book that explained the overall type of person one would be depending on where there planets are on the wheel but I somehow misplaced the title. Anyone know of a book that discusses that?

Thank you.

(I'm a horoscope newbie btw. sorry)

dadsnook2000

Chart patterns.

Mark Edward Jones was a noted astrological researcher and author in the early years of the 1900's. When I read his books in the 1970's he had already passed from the active astrological scene. One of his books was about these patterns that you have asked about. I no longer have the book as I had cleaned out my library and tossed out over 300 astrological hard-cover books. I keep only about 50 or so now, adding one a year on average.

The patterns are quite simple in nature:
** A BUNDLE where in all planets are grouped within a narrow area of the chart, perhaps 90 degrees or less. (I'm drawing on memory of reading this from over 30 years ago) This both signifys a strong focus in ones lifes and a focus on the meaning of the houses (2 or 3 in a quadrant) in which the planets reside.

** A SEE-SAW where the planets are in two opposed (more or less) groups, each group contained within a 60 or 90 degree span of degrees. This, logically, signifies a person of polarity, often torn or seeking to reconcile and integrate two distinct portions of his personality and life.

** The LOCOMOTIVE pattern is where all planets are contained within 2/3s of the chart or less, leaving 1/3 or more of the chart empty. The leading planet at the clock-wise front of this pattern is what "drives" or directs these planets activities. How will this pattern compensate for the large empty zone of the chart and the houses it contains?

** The BUCKET pattern has the BUNDLE at one place in the chart with a single planet (or a close conjunction of two planets) opposite the Bundle. This puts all of the bundle-planets under the control of the opposite singleton and causes the isolated planet to take on the responsibility of providing meaning and direction for all of the other planets.

Remember, having a lot of planets in one tight zone of the chart means that they generally don't have squares and trines to help open up the energy into useful areas of expression.

** Jones also mentioned the SPLAY pattern where the several planets are grouped into two or three or four tight areas which may or may not provide aspects to each/all of the other groupings. Since these often involve tight or loose conjunctions within each group, the group will often have squares or trines or some other shared aspect to another group. This tends to yield a very erratic and unique personality and life style.

** Many of us have a SCATTERED pattern in which no specific tight groupings are evident. This tends to give a somewhat more balanced approach to life and living the chart's potential.

Now, keep in mind that these are general guidelines. These, in themselves, are not interpretations -- they merely clue us into what we should expect to find when we look at the individual aspects and synthesize the overall set of aspects within the chart. Good luck. Dave.

abella

Thank you!

Exactly what I was looking for. *grin* Thank you so very much. :)

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
** The BUCKET pattern has the BUNDLE at one place in the chart with a single planet (or a close conjunction of two planets) opposite the Bundle. This puts all of the bundle-planets under the control of the opposite singleton and causes the isolated planet to take on the responsibility of providing meaning and direction for all of the other planets.

Remember, having a lot of planets in one tight zone of the chart means that they generally don't have squares and trines to help open up the energy into useful areas of expression.
Not trying to hijack your thread .... but found this interesting ..... So 6 planets within say 45 degrees of each other (houses 10 &11) .... and having aries in opposition (saturn, chiron & true node, houses 5&6 ) would qualify as a bucket?

abella

huredriel said:
Not trying to hijack your thread
Threads are meant to be hijacked. ;-)

einhverfr

One point I would add:

Just because a set of houses are empty doesn;t mean that they are necessarily unimportant. For example, I have a locomotive chart with Capricorn rising. No planets are in houses 1 and 12.

The lord of the 1st is Saturn which is in a very powerful place in my chart (falcrum of a T-Square in the 7th house). while the lord of my 12th (Jupiter) is in a somewhat weaker position, under the sunbeams and at the end of the same T-Square.

So in this case, the first house is still very important, while the 12th is not so heavily emphasized.

Also I have a small 5th house, but the lord of the 5th (Mercury) is in a fairly emphasized place (though under the sunbeams, conjunct Jupiter in the end of a T-square opposite its higher-octave, Uranus).

So empty house does not necessarily imply unimportant house.

tink27

the splay type

If I may add, there is also a pattern in the chart call the Splay Type.

It is generally seen as planets together in a threefold arrangement. This pattern has the potential for genius with possibilities to manifest and create something tangible for others. Also these people do not like being regimented or pigeonholded and will desperately try to escape from discipline and from routine. It represents a very integrated person, experiencing life according to their own tastes.

tink

huredriel

Originally Posted by dadsnook2000 said:

huredriel said:
Not trying to hijack your thread .... but found this interesting ..... So 6 planets within say 45 degrees of each other (houses 10 &11) .... and having aries in opposition (saturn, chiron & true node, houses 5&6 ) would qualify as a bucket?

Just bumping this up ................. still wondering if this is a bucket formation or not?

dadsnook2000

A "Bucket" by any name

Yes, that would be a "bucket" formation. I would assume that there might be both an opposition between the "handle" area and planet(s) in the 11th and 5th houses and one/more inconjunct aspects. You would then want to meditate on how the "handle" planets influenced the main body of planets in your 10th and 11th houses. If you have any specific questions, let me know. Dave

huredriel

Thanks Dave,

Ummmm think I will have to think deeply (i.e. get my head around what you said) ...... before any further questions are forthcoming :D

x Huredriel