Regarding the LWB and reversals

StLouisTarot

I had a tarot reading on friday night. It came up in the reading that I was frustrated with my own cards. I was asked if I was following the LWB and attempting to read the reversed cards. I was told to through the LWB away and that reversals were confusing and not to bother with them. I just wanted to know what you all thought about this?

tarotbear

wonders never cease

The cards told you to throw the LWB away! :eek: EXCELLENT! Your cards are smarter than the writer of the LWB! Trust your cards! They give good advice! :smoker:

Dean

U.k

I think anyone would be frustrated with those LWB i never take any notice with those meanings and just avoid reading from them, take notice of what your cards are saying instead.:D

Sulis

Hi StLouisTarot,

Different folk have differing takes on reversals.
If you take a look at the main page of the Using Tarot Cards forum there are a couple of 'note' threads at the top which you may find useful:
How to read - links to questions about reading[/url- - lots of info on reversals.
[url=http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=14874]what do the cards mean? Links to forum discussions on Major and Minor arcana cards

Personally, I didn't start to use reversals for about a year... I wanted to make sure that I had a good idea of what the cards meant to me upright before adding another bunch of meanings.

Now I look at reversals more as blockages.
If a card shows up reversed, I generally think that the card's energies are still there but they are:
1. Delayed
2. Diminished, diminishing
3. Under used
4. Internalized
5. Blocked

Every now and then, I do see a reversed card as meaning the opposite of the upright meaning but not all the time and sometimes I think that a reversal means that I need to return to the lesson of the previous card in the suit as it may not have been learned yet.

As far as the LWB goes, I don't usually bother with them myself..
Some are better than others, so I usually look through the LWB just to see.

Hope that helps a bit.

Love Sulis xx

StLouisTarot

tarotbear said:
The cards told you to throw the LWB away! :eek: EXCELLENT! Your cards are smarter than the writer of the LWB! Trust your cards! They give good advice! :smoker:

The man who read the cards is quite good LOL, I am not ready to read them myself yet. I have been frustrated with the cards and the LWB. Ill get the hang of it tho.