Sepharial's Manual of Astrology

MareSaturni

I just found this book in my mom's collection...it seems interesting (i haven't had the chance of exploring it deeply enough), but i'd like to know if any of you recommend it. Do you/did you use it, was it useful, what do you think...you know, some reviews.

If you can point me to important parts, i'd also be grateful!

~Yuko

dadsnook2000

A very old book

This is a very old book, perhaps the late 1800's or turn of the century. The author is actually someone else, I believe, who wrote under a pen name. I don't think it was Charles Carter, but someone a little earlier. Can't help much. As far as the book goes it was written long before the outer planets were well understood, Pluto wasn't know about (unless this is a late and revised addition), and all of the modern developments were not know of and used. It is also probably written in the older form of astro-babble which can make it hard for our generations to understand and relate to. Dave

MareSaturni

Thanks Dave for the info!

dadsnook2000 said:
As far as the book goes it was written long before the outer planets were well understood, Pluto wasn't know about (unless this is a late and revised addition),

I think the version we have is a late and revise done then, because there Pluto is mentioned, ans so are the outer planets.

dadsnook2000 said:
It is also probably written in the older form of astro-babble which can make it hard for our generations to understand and relate to. Dave

I haven't read it all, but the few parts i read didn't have much astro-babble...although, i agree, for the newest generation a more recent guide might be more helpful to begin.

Thanks, again!

~Yuko