Where is our mind when we read????

poivre

Hope someone can understand what I'm trying to ask! :)

When we sit and read for someone and our mind begins to
make a tunnel down a path,
"where are we mentally?"

Are we in our own energy digging for information for
someone else?

Are we in the other persons energy trying to find
the right information? (once the reading is over the
person and their energy leave us. We meet a person,
connect with them and then detach from the energy)

I don't always remember what I tell people when I'm done.
They say,"you know you told me!" and no I don't know.
My body was sitting at the table, but where did the
rest of me go?

~~~~~~~~Where do we go when we read?~~~~~~~~
or should I be asking
~~~~~~~~What is the energy doing to our mind?~~~~

(This may have been asked before, but this question started
to sit with me today)

Thanks for your time,
ros

tarotbear

ros said:
They say,"you know-you told me!" and no I don't know. My body was sitting at the table, but where did the rest of me go?

You don't remember what you've said to people? That's scary, ros.

I remember once reading somewhere - maybe on these boards, even - where someone once said they felt like they take a back seat and someone else takes over and does the reading and they have no idea what that 'other person' said at all. Poeple they were reading for left the table in tears or sceaming and they had no idea what had been said ~~ and they thought this was normal? :confused:

I know what you mean when it seems as though time has altered and space means nothing and things are progressing out of a movie that isn't being filmed - but when this has happened to me - maybe once or twice and not always during a tarot reading - I knew everything happening and what was going on very lucidly.

It sounds as though you are channelling the reading but not doing the reading ... does that make sense?

Rogan

I agree with Tarotbear...

There's a difference between conciously reading the cards, and channelling messages that are coming through from a higher source.

My readings tend to do both... I always start off reading the cards, and if messages are gonna come through, they come through - I just let my mouth run off without me and say what wants to be said...

Don't confuse this with "possession" or anything like that - I think it's more a matter of just not "censoring" what you say... I know when messages are coming through, but it's not like I don't have control over it, or I don't remember what I said...

Tarotbear is right - It sounds like a deeper form of mediumship or channelling that you're experiencing...

Rogan.

poivre

O.K. now I'm scared! LOL just kidding!

Not exactly don't remember but there is a thread on here
about being in the zone when you read.
When I read sometimes if flows and ideas come and I just
talk away just smoothly. After the reading I sometimes think
"where the heck did that idea come from?"

It's like your reading and focusing and flowing and educating and
learning in a positive way all at the same time.

Where is that?

I really just sit down and do the reading, where I am. If
someone wants or need a reading I do it. The information
that comes through is from a place that puts all the
things I have taught myself in a neat little package and
then when I send it out it is not like I knew it when I
studied. It's amazing. I don't know how these ideas
"transform" from my thoughts to how I explain it in a reading.

Also, I am by no means psychic or that well evolved as
a reader.

Where does this other language or set of ideas come from?

Are we more relaxed when we are reading Tarot so information
moves from the back of our brains out of our mouths without
us knowing it? LOL

poivre

Rogan I must have posted same time.

I understand now but
I didn't think that someone like me would
be able to do chanelling etc.

I just read the cards.

It's funny when you're aware, things really
are not the way we seem to think they are.
I am a card reader that don't intend of doing
anything else but to read and now I notice
this other thing going on! LOL

Rogan

Really, it's nothing to be afraid of :)
Just be aware of it... And let whatever happens happen.

I think the most important thing is just don't "censor" yourself - Don't stop yourself from saying things - If it wants to be said, then say it...

Rogan.

Myst

Rogan said:
I think the most important thing is just don't "censor" yourself - Don't stop yourself from saying things - If it wants to be said, then say it...

Rogan.

Thank you for that little gem of advice. :) I know when I am looking in a card random images and thoughts pop into existence. I have often tried to sort them out and place them in some sort of order or try and relate them together so that I could make sense of what I am seeing. Maybe it would be best if I just scrawled as the pieces swirl around and let them sort themselves out!!

As for where I go when this is happening ;) I love drawing and while I am drawing I cross to the right side of my brain where time and the rest of the world just don't exist. When I was young I didn't know what I did to achieve this 'place' it just happened and I would refer to it as 'the other place'. I have always thought that this is probably where we go when we are doing a reading because it is the right side of the brain that is intuitive so it makes sense - well to me it does :D

tmgrl2

When I read, ros, I equate "where I go" with the state described in the book

Flow...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...f=pd_bbs_1/002-3084641-8967219?_encoding=UTF8

If you scroll down on this page, there is a summary/review....describes that state we get in when we are totally into whatever it is we are doing at the moment.

The state of "flow" is one of happiness...contentment.

I equate it almost to mindfulness...where we connect to the activity at hand so completely that energy exchanges are possible. Where does the information come from when we read and where do we go? Different from meditation in that meditation has us allowing thoughts to slide in and then be released...

Sometimes, I don't remember parts of my readings. I remember some as visual images of the cards, that trigger the message. Sometimes, my sitters will see me weeks later and describe a part of the reading that stayed with them...

terri

Umbrae

ros said:
They say,"you know you told me!" and no I don't know.
My body was sitting at the table, but where did the
rest of me go?

Yeah…that’s not scary at all…

Years back (from 89-96) I worked in the Call Center for Nintendo of America. I was (until I moved to training) a ‘Game Play Counselor’ (seriously – stop laughing – this is true). I still have video games memorized…folks would call and ask for help playing their video games (this was before it all went to hell with the #900 line changeover and the implementation of ‘electronic help’ and the internet).

So every call that we took, had a ‘wrap-up code’ that we’d input into the Aspect Phone System to record what each call was about.

And our calls were randomly monitored so that management was assured that we were acting professional.

So there I am, playing one game (at my desk, on the phone, and getting paid) and a call would come in on another game…

…I’d carry on a great conversation. Wired into the customer’s needs and wants (I scored very high on the calls)…

…and the call would end and more likely than not…stare at the phone and ask…”What game was I talking about?”

It’s really normal.

Where do we ‘go’? Who cares. Yeah…it’s in the moment.

Ram Dass wrote a book back in the 70’s that changed my life (maybe it was the acid…) called “Be Here Now.” Remember it?

When we are truly here, and truly now…doors open…

:smoker:

tmgrl2

Sometimes when I drive, I arrive at my destination and don't remember the getting there, yet I am sure I drove safely and followed all the rules of the road. I definitely don't listen to meditation things in the car, though, since I can

"go out"

too easily sometimes.

terri