Making it simple

wizzle

Astrology as a discipline is often overwhelming and for a good reason.

Most of the books out there discuss planets in signs. Well, that's 120 things to learn right there. They go on to maybe discuss planets in aspect.... ah.. another 500 plus goodies. Wow. Can you ever hope to be an astrolger?

Sure... if you kick back and consider what Dadsnooks and I are trying to get you to learn...

10 planets
12 signs
10 (or less) aspects
12 houses

Total.. 44 "things"

If we study each separately, it's easy. But once you fall into the trap of "sun in xyz" you are studying 2 things at once and revert to a much more difficult position.

If you are going to relate to our approach then you need to study the planets first, foremost and yet once again. The nice result is that if you can only express the sun, moon and ascendent in a natal chart you willl do a fine reading.

Sophie

Thanks, wizzle :)

44 things. I think I can manage that.

Mind you, in my chart, I rarely get past the cataclysmic sun-square-moon and sun-opposed-pluto, the bane of my life - thank God for that sun-conjuct-mercury, so I can talk about it! ;)

Cerulean

I've started glancing at old texts and the Mountain Astrologer magazine..

...many used bookstore finds might dedicate themselves to novice or starter topics, so I've been looking at charming 'manuscripts' by small presses and bios of 'name' astrologers as an intro...slightly beyond the standard planet-sun-moon sign topics, but only slightly!

And if the Mountain Astrologer magazine has an interesting article, I do check that one out.

Thanks for defining the essential 44!

Cerulean