PDA

View Full Version : Easter/Ostara Exchange

SaintOfScreams
07-02-2006, 11:17
I'd like to do an an Easter / Ostara exchange... would anyone like to join in?

Juniper
07-02-2006, 18:38
hi, I sent you a pm

a_shikhs
11-02-2006, 08:30
Sent you a pm too... :)

SaintOfScreams
12-02-2006, 04:34
I'd Love for you to join in...

SaintOfScreams
13-02-2006, 17:16
I'm planning on pairing everybody up on the 21st, and the exchange will be closed, so please sign up!

Eco74
16-02-2006, 18:21
What size exchange are we talking about here?
If it's bag n´candy-size I could definately join in but having done three bigger exchanges in a row I'm kind of beat for ideas for anything more than that.

Never did much around easter other than eat eggs, munch candy and get tickled by feathers.

SaintOfScreams
16-02-2006, 18:32
Whatever you want, it's acceptable.

Eco74
16-02-2006, 18:50
Well, then I guess I'm in. :)

Just want to be clear that whoever I send the package too doesn't get too disappointed when it turns out to be a small-ish one...

a_shikhs
16-02-2006, 23:33
Me too.. Im in.. :) Sounds lovely..

Satori
17-02-2006, 00:28
What is the exchange?
What do we exchange????
Is this the sign-up area???

Satori
17-02-2006, 00:29
I'll exchange, but are we talking crystals and herbs or candy....?

Guiding Cauldron
17-02-2006, 02:03
I'd love to join in this, past ones have really been uplifting for me :) Also pretty please can i keep my shipment to Europe only, mailing costs practically kill me! Thanks a bunch :)

StLouisTarot
17-02-2006, 08:45
Id like to join too!

SaintOfScreams
17-02-2006, 11:42
These exchanges are like the other ones, I don't think it matters what size, but you send a package to a person, another sends one to you. This is the sign- up area, please PM me your details if you haven't. You may want to work out with your partner as what to send them, as not everyone celebrates Easter, but other Spring Holidays as well....

And Elf, exchanges are usually parcels of tarot cards, candy, candles, stones, small things like that.<3

Also... would you guys like me to post the names of the partners when names are drawn just for a backup referance?

a_shikhs
17-02-2006, 16:35
Also... would you guys like me to post the names of the partners when names are drawn just for a backup referance?

Yeah... That would be cool... Really looking forward to this exchange. :)

Eco74
17-02-2006, 17:59
How about a little general info added in the thread?
That way, no matter who we get paired up with we can sneak a peek at the info-post and put something together to match the interests / type of celebration that person prefers.
Things like preferred colors, scents and flavours, if something specific (diety, tradition, celebration etc.) is particularly important at that time of year and so on.

Only because I like surprises see..
I don't think I'd feel too comfortable telling someone what to get me, which it might sortof feel like if I were to discuss it and put in a particular wishlist.

SaintOfScreams
17-02-2006, 18:34
Well who wants to be first in sharing their interests?

Juniper
17-02-2006, 18:43
Well who wants to be first in sharing their interests?

you do :)

StLouisTarot
17-02-2006, 19:11
Ill have to think about that.

SaintOfScreams
17-02-2006, 20:52
Hmm, do you guys want me to list some of mine?

Guiding Cauldron
17-02-2006, 21:06
Easter Tradition:

Ususally it does include easter eggs, the plastic kind that you can fill with bits, because i view Easter as more of a new birth of season thing. Baby lambs, spring flowers renewd etc.

Likes: TAROT decks- i'm open to animal guides, goddeses, flowers etc

Crystals- given with good intent only. I could use any color of Tigers
Eye, or something to help keep me Grounded, or to enhance
Creativity for writting. Perhaps something to help assist me
when I do past lives or spirit guides contact as well.
Amathyst or amber perhaps.

Candles- I ADORE candles! Nice smelly ones preferabbly. Interested in
green candles for attracting financal prosperity.

Scents- Hummm Anything that keeps me warm
and reminds me of Summer. Strawberries, Lilacs,
Honeysuckle flowers.

Food- Well i like anything really, but i am cutting back on chocolate
this year! I do LOVE Italien style nouget candy the soft kind.
No raspberry or licorice though ew! lol

My intrests- pot gardening, i'm always looking for new seeds, pot
sticks for nameing the plants etc or a lil pottery critter
to place in the pot ie: snail, oyster shell, frog figure etc

Bast

Atlantia Goddess, Atlantis

Past Lives

My likes- lady bugs, butterflies, the ocean, seashells,
the Sun :) Rich opulent colors, and bright
colors- no pastels. Orchids, black pearls, gold,
homemade tarot bags :)

Netzach
17-02-2006, 21:06
I'd like to join in if I can be paired up with someone in Europe. Otherwise postage is so expensive.

SaintOfScreams
17-02-2006, 21:28
That request is perfectly acceptable.:)

Um, Well, I'm pagan.
So I celebrate Ostara, usually has easter eggs and such, pastel colors, etc..

But I Love anything Anubis, Kwan- Yin, Bast, Green Man, Isis, Buddha, Ganesha, Kali, Lilith, etc..
Tarot
Vampires
Incense
Jewelry
Antiques
Witchy items are nice.
Boxes, Bags, etc
Pendulums
Music

a_shikhs
17-02-2006, 22:55
Well we dont really celebrate Easter here.. But i remember my mom getting me chocolate easter eggs every year as a gift for easter when i was a kid.. :D

Divination: I love tarot/oracle decks, crystals, dream pillows,any divination related item.. :) Sudden interest in celtic traditions....

Simply love candles, chocolates, candy, incense...

Crystals: amethyst, rose quartz, clear quartz, anything given with good intentions.. :)

Fragrance: anything fruity, floral.....

My favourite colors are black, purple, pink..

I love reading books on magic and divination and horror related stuff, love antiques, charm bracelets, tarot bags, love anything fairy related, movies, fairy music...

Anything given with good intentions is purely welcome... :)

Shikhs

Eco74
17-02-2006, 23:19
I was sure I put in a little info, but apparently that was a wishful post rather than a real one... *sigh* :rolleyes:

So, here goes;

Celebration;
Not much.. Decorating and eating eggs has been a recurring thing, and I might 'marbel-pattern' a few just for the sake of the season.
Candies are a part of it too ofcourse, and the whole new life bit. Buds breaking through the snow, new life emerging after the long sleep of winter, the sun brightens the world and warmth returns..
We've never done a lot of celebrating though the decor is set up with brightly colored feathers, little statuettes of roosters and chicks and eggs and posters or foldouts with images of springtime, children playing, young animals and such..
The tradition has mainly been spending time with the family, eating good food and munching candy.

Other things I love are ofcourse surprises and things not usually seen where I live - so that I can get a look into how others celebrate, so some sort of traditional item or some such from a different kind of tradition would be nice.

I've also been curious about the pagan view of things for a while, though failing to really find the time to read up on it all. A little nudge towards more learning is always welcome. ;)

I love crystals, fragrant oils, colorful decorations and just sparkly stuff in general..
Though I also have a rather curious and practical side so I often like to find out what the stuff is for, if it has a special meaning etc. If it's not purely decorative that is..

StLouisTarot
18-02-2006, 01:45
When I was growing up we celebrated Easter by decorating easter eggs with dye and crayons a week before easter. Mom would take us (my sister and I)shopping for our Easter dresses which was always exciting. I remember the night before Easter Sunday my mom would put my long hair in sponge curlers and put a hair dryer on my head (one of those that look like a bag with the drying unit that sat on the table) I have a picture of it somewhere, if I can get it scanned I will attach it later. Then she would put a hair net on my head and I went to bed. I remember being so uncomfortable because the plastic in the curlers would poke me in the head. LOL We would get up early the next morning and hunt for our Easter baskets, usually finding them on a window sill. Then get dressed up in our new dresses and go to church. After church my grandparents , aunt and uncle would come to the house for a ham dinner. And my sister and I would gorge ourselves on all the candy mom, grandparents and aunts and uncles gave us lol.

As far as what I like:
Tarot Cards I have a small wish list in my profile
tarot bags
candles
crystals are good
candy
oils, incense

My interests are:
bellydanceing
reading vampire romances
ghost hunting
candle magic ( just learning that too)
cats, I have two and just love the fur balls.

I forgot to add the most important thing. I absolutely adore anything purple. From Lavender to Deep Purple.

I'm not picky. I just like making friends.

Keigh
18-02-2006, 11:42
I'd love to sign up! Interests, pretty much anything as long as it's not too religious! Love pagan, magic, candles, rocks & crystals, tarot and tarot stuff. Big bold beautiful colors. Oh, and did I say chocolate?

Rowanne
18-02-2006, 19:25
OK I'm in too, again I'd appreciate being paired up with someone in Europe as postage is a killer!!

Well I'm Pagan so I celebrate Ostara....... but I do love easter eggs! However I'm on a dairy free diet so if you can find any easter candy that is dark chocolote that would be fantastic.

I love and collect gargoyles! Tarot decks are a given (especially any with a cat theme - I have the Baroque Cats deck and am craving the Tarot of the White Cats) and I also collect playing cards as I read with these too. Crystals are wonderful, theye share my mantle piece with my Gargoyles. I also collect interesting books by obscure writers!

Anything magical, egyptian, cat related, goth, faerie related........

Looking forward to this one! The Valentines Exchange was excellent so this should be a nice treat too!!

Love & Blessings

Rowanne

Melissa`
18-02-2006, 21:29
these exchanges sound fun. I'd like to join in if it's ok. :)

SaintOfScreams
18-02-2006, 22:00
You are Most Welcome!

Melissa`
18-02-2006, 22:25
yay :) heh

ok.. as for a wish list or anything.. I'm not picky at all. Maybe something small for my altar, candles.. candy, I would never turn down candy lol. I really don't know! :)

OliviaRose
19-02-2006, 06:45
Can a brand new person like me join in? This sounds way fun.

Satori
19-02-2006, 08:45
OK, I'm in.
USA would be great, but a euro partner isn't out of the question.

Interests:
Oracles
Tarot
crystals
beads...stones, not glass so much
homemade oracles
and
as far as candy, must be something unusual otherwise, no candy!!!

thanks!

penguinsandtigers
19-02-2006, 23:00
This sounds like fun, but again i ask the question can a total newbie join in on the fun? If so i, i would prefer someone state side to send to.

A little about my likes and dislikes....

I am Highly alergic to Jasmine, so please no jasmine anything.
I love crystals, espically rose quartz and pearls.
I have the abilty to wear/use both gold and silver at the same time.
I need a new tarot deck
And I just adore cats. I have 2 currently.

Thanks,

Michelle

SaintOfScreams
20-02-2006, 08:24
Anyone is Welcome, but make sure you PM me your info before the 22.

floracove
20-02-2006, 10:26
oh this is soooo tempting!

Trying to make up my mind here...

When are these to be mailed out?

SaintOfScreams
20-02-2006, 12:11
Mailing out is really up to you, but keep in mind the destination, this exchange will be closed the 21, though.

Netzach
20-02-2006, 20:30
Anyone is Welcome, but make sure you PM me your info before the 22.

What info. do you need?

SaintOfScreams
20-02-2006, 20:55
Name and Address, please.

Netzach
20-02-2006, 21:06
Right. I'll do that now.

floracove
21-02-2006, 11:13
Ok, I'm in...

I just love doing these swaps!

ummm...
let's see.

I'm one of those 'girly, girls', anything feminine, is always a winner with me.
:love:

Crystals
Candles
Herbs
Incense (need to restock here, as my stach is beginning to dwindle...)

(i'm a patcholli freak, just love the stuff, but wouldn't turn my nose up at anything)

I'm pretty easy to please, and love suprises!

dolphingirl
22-02-2006, 14:51
please count me in for the exchange

Netzach
22-02-2006, 20:30
When sending the parcel, do we let the recipient know who we are (ie our AT name) or is it a "secret santa" type process?

Satori
23-02-2006, 06:25
It better not be secret...I just pm'd my partner!!!

Eco74
23-02-2006, 07:13
I think we do that any way we prefer..

I'll be adding my name and addy as sender so when the parcel arrives, the secret will be blown. But til then, I'm going under cover. :cool2:

floracove
23-02-2006, 09:12
*bounces*

I did a little shopping today.
and had the best time.
all sorts of goodies, and something to create new bag with.

*just loving this*

(wonders about following elf's lead, or should I let it be a suprise)
Decisions, decisions...
What's a gal to do?

What do you think?

December Fairy
23-02-2006, 09:30
Sending a PM to see if the list is still open.

a_shikhs
23-02-2006, 16:53
Yippeee... Now im gonna start a little shopping for my partner.. This is really fun and exciting... When should we post our parcels ??? Is there any specific time??

SaintOfScreams
23-02-2006, 19:14
I'm so sorry if I've caused any confusion in the draw, I've been scrambling to accomodate everyone, thank you all for your patience!

This Draw is OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

Things are in your hands now, Ladies.. Blessings to you All!:)

Netzach
23-02-2006, 20:59
This is the first exchange I've taken part in. So please tell me:

is the person I'm sending to the same person as is sending to me?

I think I know her AT name because of where she lives but I need to know for certain because this person has listed her likes & dislikes. Can you let us know AT names as well as name & address, please.

Juniper
23-02-2006, 21:06
I had pm'd the person I was given and they said they had someone else, so it's not a straight partnered exchange, it's like a big loop, someone else should have you.

a_shikhs
23-02-2006, 21:09
Yes.. I guess the exchange goes in a circle.. You have to send your parcel to someone and someone else will be sending you a parcel. This makes it more fun and exciting... ;)

Netzach
23-02-2006, 21:55
OK, thanks! Guess I'll have to PM my recipient anyway to confirm that she's who I think she is and that the preferences given on the thread are hers.

December Fairy
24-02-2006, 02:55
We are on our way to mall. Going to keep my eye open for something wonderful to add to the package. :D

Keigh
25-02-2006, 10:19
I am so excited! Did some shopping and got some pretty nice little gifts for my partner! Sure hope she likes 'em! :D:D Mine should go out in the mail early next week.

~Keigh

a_shikhs
25-02-2006, 12:46
Did some shopping yesterday and bought some real traditional stuff for my partner.. Hope you like it.. :) Should mail the parcel max by this coming week... This is real fun...:D

Netzach
25-02-2006, 20:50
I started shopping yesterday - found some fun things. I shan't post for a week or so because one of the shops where I want to get something is closed until the end of February.

Eco74
25-02-2006, 22:13
Sofar, I have more ideas than actual stuff..
But I do have a pretty neat theme planned out. :D

December Fairy
26-02-2006, 02:34
I found 3 really cute items while out at the mall the other day. I think she will really like them from what I've read in the forums.

I also found some really cute fabric to make a tarot bag.

Just a few more things and I'm done.

I'm trying to decide if I want to include a deck or not. She does not have a wish list or a list of what she owns. So I'm not sure what she likes, or does not like. Already has. :confused:

With or without a deck, I think she'll like her package. ;)

penguinsandtigers
26-02-2006, 02:50
question, do we have to send it as one package or can we break it up and send a little something each week till easter? just a thought

Michelle

SaintOfScreams
26-02-2006, 07:19
You can do it any way you deem fit. The idea does seem tantalizing *Drools*.

penguinsandtigers
26-02-2006, 11:10
Yea!! i just got home from shopping, basket # 1 is looking really cute. I love doing things like this, so this is just another way for me to bring out my creative side. :)

SaintOfScreams
26-02-2006, 13:26
Do whatever you wish! I'm not one to be ungrateful.

Guiding Cauldron
27-02-2006, 21:16
OK I've done a reading for my person and have got a pretty good idea of what to get her and some things she needs to know of now in her life - all good things though! lol

I'm like another person full of great ideas but have actually very little as yet!

I've bought two items thus far, and will work on a few goodies soon. Will whip myself into gear this week :)

SaintOfScreams
27-02-2006, 23:55
That's so cool that you did a reading for them!

December Fairy
28-02-2006, 03:53
Has anyone thought about when to start sending our packages?

StLouisTarot
28-02-2006, 04:45
I havent begun to shop yet but I have a few ideas for what I wanna do. ::evil grin::

a_shikhs
28-02-2006, 05:32
Ummm.. I guess we should start sending out our parcels by this week or latest by next week cos it takes time to reach the required destination.... ;) Really excited about this..

Eco74
28-02-2006, 05:47
According to online sources Ostara takes place around March 21.
So, allowing time for the postalservices, deduce any time needed and give yourself a deadline. And then try to send it off a day or three early. ;)

Atleast, that's my strategy..

December Fairy
28-02-2006, 14:32
I just looked at the calendar. Gosh, my mind is about a week behind. I thought I still had a week or so until March. But it's just a day away.
That's what happens when daughter or hubby has time off school or work. She had winter break last week.

I think I will try to have my package ready by the end of next week.

floracove
28-02-2006, 19:12
I've been having the best time!

Came up with a really cool idea, I think she's gonna love this!

Mine's not ready to seal up for shipping just yet, but it won't be to much longer...

*bounces*

Rowanne
01-03-2006, 02:29
I've started getting all my stuff together for my special person - she was the one who sent me stuff for the valentines exchange so I'm going to be able to say thank you in a very speical way!!

Should be able to post out by the end of the week....... as long as my week is not as terrible as last week. My dear cat Chrissie had to be put to sleep on Friday (I'd been worried about her all week as she was detiriorating badly), quite sad really but she was 17 and old age had gotten the better of her....

But back to shopping - should have everything I need by Friday, so posting on Monday (hopefully)!

Netzach
01-03-2006, 02:38
My dear cat Chrissie had to be put to sleep on Friday (I'd been worried about her all week as she was detiriorating badly), quite sad really but she was 17 and old age had gotten the better of her....

(((((Rowanne))))) It's so sad to lose a cat . . . but 17 is a very good age.

December Fairy
01-03-2006, 06:56
(((((Rowanne))))) Sorry to hear your Dear Chrissie had to leave us. She had a very long life. I'm sure she must have been a happy cat.

Keigh
01-03-2006, 10:00
Sooo excited! I just finished packing up my gifts. I even found a "pretty box" to put them in!!! (clapping hands like a two-year old)! Off to the Post Office tomorrow!

Keigh

(((((Rowanne))))) So sorry to hear about your sweet kitty.

SaintOfScreams
01-03-2006, 10:11
I can't wait for everything to come together!

StLouisTarot
01-03-2006, 11:37
I went to Hobby Lobby tonight and was looking at a few real cute things. But the people there were so rude to me I put EVERYTHING down and left. Life is too short to deal with rude people. Ill go to Michaels.

floracove
01-03-2006, 11:44
I'm having a wonderful time!

It's so cool, to "gather together", for an exchange.

:D
I've found it to be a blessing...

I wish I had a list for the different kinds of fonts...
Does anyone know the name of the font that looks like 'simple' handwriting?

a_shikhs
01-03-2006, 13:34
((((Rowanne)))) Sorry to hear about your cat....

I too am almost finished packing the goodies.. Yayyyyy.. :D This is real fun..

Satori
01-03-2006, 14:10
Rowanne, sorry about the cat. It is hard to lose a pet, they are family after all.

As for the exchange here, I need to stop and send the package. My husband has been eyeballing it for days. Looks like he wants an Ostara gift package. I'm thinking about sending him one!!

Keigh
02-03-2006, 09:27
Getting back on track.....I mailed off my package today!!!! Someone very special should be getting a nice surprise in about a week.....:D :angel:

floracove
02-03-2006, 09:28
*nods*

Alta
02-03-2006, 09:53
The posts about fonts and colours are here (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=55415).

a_shikhs
02-03-2006, 23:27
I will mail the package definately by monday as im going out of town this weekend with family.. :)

SaintOfScreams
02-03-2006, 23:55
I'm excited about this.;)

Netzach
03-03-2006, 04:06
I've just bought the final item for my parcel. Now to wrap it prettily.

Rowanne
04-03-2006, 06:24
Thank you all for the kind messages regarding my cat Chrissie - Thank You!

Just waiting on my finaly item arriving (mail order!) then I'm all ready to post!!

penguinsandtigers
04-03-2006, 11:27
Hi there everyone. I cant belive that i got so behind on everything. I didnt realize that i havent sent out one package yet, when i have 2 sitting on my desk. I guess thats what happens when you get sick uh?Oh well. One will be out in the mail tomorrow and the other next week sometime. I sure like this and thinking about it has definatly made me feel better. I sure do hope my person likes what i got them :)

Michelle

December Fairy
04-03-2006, 13:19
Picked up the last items today. Just need to get them packed this weekend and off to the post office Monday. :D

Satori
05-03-2006, 03:57
Won't be mailing mine till next week.
am waiting on a special 'thing' to come into the 'place' near where I live to add to the package!!
Secrets are fun-sometimes.

Eco74
05-03-2006, 06:55
Need envelope... Aside from that, I'm feeling pretty much on track and managed to scavange the perfect thing to finish off ... a ... thing ... *s*

So, looks like it's going to be sent out from here pretty soon after the weekend. :)

Guiding Cauldron
05-03-2006, 07:46
got a lovely package togethr thus far, but i feel like something is missing and i cant figure it out :( will give it a few days to try and fgure it out! :)

floracove
05-03-2006, 10:51
A bit of drying time, going on here...

December Fairy
05-03-2006, 13:55
I was looking at my *items* today and thought I'm going to make something. It will be pretty and sparkle a bit. Something she will be able to wear. Perfect colors for Spring.
hmmmmmmmm :D

bullfrog
06-03-2006, 08:08
Too bad I missed this exchange, it looks great.
Hope I see the next one in time.

SaintOfScreams
06-03-2006, 08:53
When do you guys think we should have another exchange?

Oh, and I'm so curious, PM me and tell me what you got your partners! I wanna know what you all are getting! Except the person that has me, of course! I wanna be surprised!

OliviaRose
06-03-2006, 09:13
Clear your PM box, I really need to tell somebody!!:)

Melissa`
06-03-2006, 10:29
I'm almost finished getting my box together. I spent all this weekend at work and didn't have time to shop much. I will get a few more things this wed. or thursday and have it mailed off before the end of the week. :)

floracove
08-03-2006, 07:46
Thank you!

I've never gotten an exchange before I was able to mail out the one I was sending, so I was totally suprised!

I am, truely touched to tears.

I love it all!
From the daisy gift bag it came in, the orange tissue wrapping paper, (I needed some orange color, in my life.) {Good vibration!} even the shipping box {I love stuff like this to store things in.}!

(rubs hands together)

Let's see...

There's excellent, patchouli incense, that's totally out of this world!
mmmmm!

(waves smoke into screen)
Can ya'll smell it?
Smells great doesn't it!

There's a jar of sandalwood incense, with it's own incense burner.
I find this wonderful, as Sandalwood is next in line to Patchouli as my favorite!

A gift pack of incense, with a big incense burner.
Opium, Musk, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Strawberry, & Vanillia, cones to burn and enjoy. (actually, love all these as well!) Excellent choice!

A Bamboo pillar candle.
Having lived in the orient, I have a love of bamboo. ;)
This is so cute!

A candle gift set of a scrumptious flavor, smells good enough to eat, or rub all over me. Pineapple Mango. yummy!

Two chucks of chocolate. *wiggles eyebrows*

I'm trying to decide what to do with this. lol!
I loooovvvve chocolate!
I've only had a small amount, in lieu of yogert covered raisins {which I love as well}. And weighted this morning and have lost 3 more pounds.
So, I'm thinking, since i've been so good, I'll take, and cut this up in small pieces, and put it up for later, and have a bit now, and then as a special treat.
Such lushious temptation!

Basil seed, and peat pots for planting.

I miss my little garden, and have been growing celery in a glass on the kitchen window seal, as well as a sweet potato vine in a mason jar. ;)

A Rose Quartz Crystal
A Hemitite Crystal
Both, heart shaped.

How sweet!

And the most precious little "Journey Bag"

It's golden yellow, with bright orange trim, drawstring bag, and it holds a mulitude of small tokens, for remembering that i am loved while on this journey thru life.

Thank you so very much, it is all, so very precious to me.

~ ~ ~

you see, being the oldest, at the age of 13, I was sat down by my father, and he explained to me, that with the new baby coming, and that year was to be the last of my birthday's, and christmas'.

Being mature for my age, i understood that the baby would need things, and i'd been working since the age of 10, making my own money, our christmas that year, was already sitting waiting for us to open them, so it seemed alright at the time.

Besides, what other choice did I really have...
I took it with a smile, and a glad heart.
The baby was someone new, who would need the things I'd already experienced, and i'd been raised to take turns, and share.
And i knew, from feeling, my father's feelings, that it wasn't something to be taken as any type of slight, he was doing the only thing he knew to do...
I know, of no other choice he may have had, and I knew he loved me.

That christmas was grand, and a brand new, 'christmas baby' to boot!

She became my present...
{the kid had more stuffed animals than you could shake a stick at, cause i loved stuffed animals, and would buy for her, things I'd not buy for myself}
cute little baby clothes, all sorts of stuff. :)

Only, it seemed that when the tree came up every year, and seeing everyone but me, had presents under the tree, did hurt, it made me feel exiled in a way.
so, heck, i'd go to the store, and buy my own, wrap & set them under the tree with everyone else's, and then when mother would ask me where they came from, I told her from friends, cause i didn't want her, to be hurt by the situation at all. :)

it was ok, i got what I wanted (since I was buying), but it just wasn't the same...

~ ~ ~

When i opened this box of gifts, i realised why i love these swaps so much.
I feel like a special little girl, each and everytime i receive one.

And I feel like i'm sending this much love, to those who receive from me as well...

Thank you so very much, it is all, so very precious to me.

Satori
08-03-2006, 07:50
Oh floracove, I'm sitting here crying.
You are precious lady, precious and dear and I thank you for the lovely reminder that no gift is ever too small when given in love and to someone with a grateful heart.

You are the best gift of all, sweety.

Keigh
08-03-2006, 08:02
Oh floracove, I'm sitting here crying.
You are precious lady, precious and dear and I thank you for the lovely reminder that no gift is ever too small when given in love and to someone with a grateful heart.

You are the best gift of all, sweety.
You made me cry too! My birthdays stopped at five when my baby sister was born (on my birthday!!!) But I never lost out on Christmas. You are such a wonderful person and your family is very lucky to have you! Now...I need to go and find some tissue (my eyes are watering)...and my nose....*sniffles*.

Keigh

floracove
08-03-2006, 08:10
Sorry for making anyone cry.
Hugs all around!

This is gonna be the best year ever!

Spring approaches!

SaintOfScreams
08-03-2006, 09:26
I think it is a time of transformation in our lives, we are all turning over a new stone, new chapter so to speak...

penguinsandtigers
08-03-2006, 09:31
Flora you made me cry too! You seem like a precious person and i am happy that you felt happy after getting your package.

I went shopping again today, got some more stuff for my box. I love Black Market Minerals in the mall!!!! Im so happy that this is turning out so well, im going to have it in the mail by friday. So i hope my person likes it. *giggles*

Michelle

floracove
08-03-2006, 09:42
Honestly, I think everyone enjoys these little gatherings, for one reason or another, and have no doubt that all will be a welcome suprise!

(((Hugs Keigh)))
Oh, yes dear heart, I certainly do realise, how much!

SaintOfScreams, i do believe your right, yes I do!

SaintOfScreams
08-03-2006, 09:48
It's a nice time for all of us, it really is, and to show how much Love you can get from someone you've never met!

I'm battling many demons myself, that I'm not proud of, but that's what Spring Cleaning's all about!

floracove
08-03-2006, 09:57
(((Hugs SaintOfScreams)))

SaintOfScreams
08-03-2006, 10:20
*Oh HUGS*

*HUGS FOR EVERYONE*

Keigh
08-03-2006, 14:56
(((((((everyone)))))))

SaintOfScreams
08-03-2006, 15:35
***squeeze***

a_shikhs
09-03-2006, 00:20
My parcel is on its journey... It should reach the special someone by next week max.. :) I hope you like everything... :D

Guiding Cauldron
09-03-2006, 01:55
om goodness floracove , you are on this earth as an angel no doubt, I felt such joy over your new goodies you recieved, and keigh is such a wonderful partner for you on this exchange :)

i do love these xchanges as they have always lifted my spirits and make me realize i am not alone, now i love them just as much for seeing the beauty and joy they bring to others around me an dthat in a way we are all connected. Not just as women but I feel like we are all sisters in a way- except hopefully with out all that sibling rivalry going on! :)

may blessings continue....now i need some tissues for my gloobery eyeballs, normally i hate to cry but this is such a refreshing girl moment xx hugs to all.

on an ending note i finally figured out my finishing touch for my gift person and should have it posted by this weekend.

StLouisTarot
09-03-2006, 02:07
My package should be shipped this weekend! Ive been working on it.

December Fairy
09-03-2006, 03:34
((((((((((floracove))))))))))

I just can't imagine what it must be like for a child to have to be so mature.

December Fairy
09-03-2006, 03:37
You made me cry too! My birthdays stopped at five when my baby sister was born (on my birthday!!!) But I never lost out on Christmas. You are such a wonderful person and your family is very lucky to have you! Now...I need to go and find some tissue (my eyes are watering)...and my nose....*sniffles*.

Keigh

((((((((((Keigh))))))))))

Oh my gosh!! At five?

Big hugs to everyone!!

Keigh
09-03-2006, 04:16
((((((((((Keigh))))))))))

Oh my gosh!! At five?

Big hugs to everyone!!Thanks for the HUGS! Yes, at five...but no worries. My husband and kids threw a big surprise party for me one year (with balloons, streamers, cake, presents, and loads of friends - it was so wonderful! So, even though I was always a watcher at my little sister's parties growing up, I had a wonderful healing party as an adult. And....needless to say, my children have had wonderful parties every year.

This is my first time participating in one of these exchanges. I am so thankful for this opportunity. I've enjoyed it tremendously so far!

Keigh

floracove
09-03-2006, 06:10
Keigh, you are a trooper!

and I am humbled that it is you that sent this to me.

I got to thinking about this, and realised that there were all sorts of keys, in relationship to my own gifts, as most were candles & incense.

Even the paper that some were wrapped in is simular to the wrapping paper we had in Germany.

so, even though, I've felt the same specialness, when receiving other exchanges, i never realised that was why, until receiving yours.

So glad you had a wonderful party.

Blessings to you!

Netzach
09-03-2006, 08:31
(((((floracove))))) & (((((keigh))))) and (((((everybody)))))

I've now bought everything and tomorrow I'm going to wrap it all. What fun! So the parcel should be going in the post on Friday and will probably arrive by Monday or Tuesday.

SaintOfScreams
09-03-2006, 11:55
I can't wait until I get my parcels!

Satori
09-03-2006, 21:27
keigh, it is so wonderous to me that you and floracove found each other here on this exchange.

Both of you are so very special showing us that giving and receiving mean such different things to different people.

I remember the year I wrapped gifts with my mother. It took the wind out of my sails looking at my stuff and wrapping it. There were five kids in my family and my mom went back to school twice to improve her skills so that she could work. First as a hairdresser second as a nurse, an LPN. Later she hurt herself on the job as a nurse and had to go on disability.

I read both of your stories and I feel blessed for my own childhood and the disappointments and the joy because the things we sacrifice make us who we are.

I'm just happy to have met you and floracove here on the thread, and am so touched to see you creating presents for yourselves by being here, and creating joy and love and happiness for others by sending out your own parcels. Thanks to both of you for sharing your stories.

My own parcel goes out today.
Blessings on you all!

Rowanne
10-03-2006, 01:24
Had a bit of a crappy week here - so I have still to post my parcel which I shall try to get out to do so tomorrow!

Its been so stressful over the past few days, my best friend who lives in Canada has recently had her heart trampled all over by her Husband who has left her (and the B******* left her with a text message!), so I'm having to speak to her almost every night to consol her. My Hubby is getting all stressed out because the youths in our village are running rampant (they ran over the top of my car yesterday and decided to play football off my front door too) and we really can't do anything about them because they're underage in the eyes of the law, and I'm suffering from a relapse in my IBS :(

I'm really looking foward to my package arriving - I'm in need of some cheering up! I will post mine asap - Sorry!

floracove
10-03-2006, 02:37
I mailed my package out this morning, sending it Priority [2/3 days], since there's some stuff in there that will need air, asap.
{no worries, nothing will bite, or fight... just breathe, and look pretty...}

I am so excited, and can hardly wait for it to be delivered!

Enjoy!

Guiding Cauldron
10-03-2006, 03:00
Rowanne hugs to you and hopeing things get better soon for you! XX

SaintOfScreams
10-03-2006, 03:24
Man Rowanne! A text message?! What kind of bull**** is that?!!!! Excuse my French, ladies. Things will get better for her.... I believe in situations like this, we learn to take care of ourselves in the long run. Things will be happy for her someday, and you too! I understand the health complication as well... wow... we are really getting in touch with ourselves on this thread, I'm really honored to have started such a thread where people can share!

Keigh
10-03-2006, 04:37
((((((((Rowanne)))))))) Your friend is very lucky to have you! I am sorry though that you have so much emotional input to deal with right now. It cannot be easy to have hooligans on your front door and a deeply hurt friend who really needs you to be "there" for her while you are battling IBS. I'm sure that the resurgence of one has much to do with the input of the others. My heart goes out to you! By the way....my mother had IBS...she said that coconut often helped (not sure why).

:love: and light!

Keigh

Keigh
10-03-2006, 04:40
keigh, it is so wonderous to me that you and floracove found each other here on this exchange. Thank you for your kind words elf! I think it is lucky as well. I have always LOVED giving presents....I get so excited about the giving that I often have a hard time waiting until the destined day. It makes shopping early difficult!

I really do feel that this exchange is a means of connecting and healing for all of us. We are each special and deserve to be loved, honored and appreciated. I treasure getting to know all of you.

Keigh

Eco74
10-03-2006, 05:05
Right, somewhat delayed in plan and a gram or two overweight even though it has no fancy packaging (well, a little but not too many sparkles on the outside).

Now, I'll sit back and wait for it to wing its way to the recipient. :)

Meanwhile, it sure is great to see the support and love shining from this thread. So much care and emotion in these posts and many of them getting right to the heart of what makes these exchanges so very special.. :love:

Rowanne
10-03-2006, 20:25
Thanks for the support everyone (((((((((hugs to you all))))))))))

My package went out in the mail this morning, I finally managed to brave the miserable weather (and the lack of IBS symptoms today) and go out to the Post Office! Should be with my person by Monday/Tuesday - hope she likes!!!

Netzach
10-03-2006, 20:34
I've just weighed mine. It's heavier than I thought so it'll have to go by parcel post which means it may take a week or so to arrive. But it'll be there before the first day of spring (March 20th). I'm off to the post office shortly.

penguinsandtigers
10-03-2006, 22:40
Package 1 went out today. :) I sure hope my person likes it!!

Netzach
11-03-2006, 06:17
Mine's in the post!!

floracove
11-03-2006, 22:24
Priority [2/3 days]
Come on 2 days!

(I just realised it's the weekend, gosh I really hope it's delivered today!)

*Mentally pushes package to the front of the delivery line*

Satori
12-03-2006, 03:27
It is here!!!!

Imagine my excitement as my 7yo rushes in with a large box for me!
We stand around it ripping and tearing paper and when small hands reach for the LIVE SAPLINGS I shout "This is MY present!!!!" LOL, not very mature of me, not like a TV Mom would do, but hey, living baby trees and bushes need TLC.

LIVE PLANTS!!!!

1 each of Pink and Purple Magnolia-be still my beating heart. I have been dying for Magnolia.
3 Blueberry bush
1 Pear
and another one I've wanted for so long
1 White Dogwood

THANK YOU FLORACOVE!!!!!

I love the little wooden box with my avatar painted on it! That is adorable! A hematite crystal for grounding, just what I needed!

Candles and a candle holder, notecards, a crocheted bag filled with yummy teas, and herbs herbs herbs! Packets of dried herbs like Nettle (my fave), Globe Amaranth, German Chamomile, Kava Kava root, Lemon Balm, Mustard seed and Damiana!

And a sweet little basket with a bear and so much stuff you silly thoughtful girl!

I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Netzach
12-03-2006, 03:39
Wow, floracove - how imaginative! I'm sitting here grinning broadly at elf's delight.

Satori
12-03-2006, 03:41
Just found more! A little bottle with a red marble that says Biloxi MS!

And did I say how much I love fruit bushes? We just put in 40 blueberry bushes last year, and I want to put in some apple and pear trees this year. Well looks like I have a pear already, now doesnt' it?

As for the blueberry, they will go down next to the mailbox at the entrance to the house. This is my way of marking the day the mail had such sweet and special treasure, and so the mailman can have a snack whenever he comes by during blueberry season!

Sending love beams to floracove!

Oh! and Mardi Gras beads!!!!!
We gonna make some Jumbalaya tonight...and maybe not the kind you eat...somebody warn the husband the pasties are coming out!

Keigh
12-03-2006, 04:06
What a wonderful package elf! Floracove - you really outdid yourself! LIVE plants! I'm a white dogwood fan myself....used to have one planted in my front yard before I moved....they are so beautiful!

I just love the enthusiasm that this exchange is bringing to all of us! I've enjoyed opening this package with you. Thanks for sharing your joy with us!!!!

Keigh

floracove
12-03-2006, 04:32
*pats hands like a child*

i'm so glad you like your gifts.

The box however is not wood, but one made of cardboard, and now we know why i think your avy is so cute! *laughs*

I hope the dogwood does ok, when i had started, i'd forgotten that most dogwoods do better taken from the root, but thought since your a real good gardener, that you may be able to baby it enough for it to really take off, I was suprised that the little buds had come on out while being in a glass of water, and decided to send it on.

I used honey for root tone, with the saplings.

the Magnolia's started out in my grandmother's yard, and she was green thumb all over, so may they bring you lots of smiles!

i'm so tickled that it's gotten there today, and not had to sit somewhere all weekend!

Enjoy dear elf!

Guiding Cauldron
12-03-2006, 06:21
Goodness me what a treat between you too! I giggled with glee as I read ELFs commentary of her parcel! :) I particularly enjoyed the pasties comment!! LMAO- You lil devil you! I never thought of adding plants, blimey how very special!! Cheers to your enjoyment :) XX

December Fairy
12-03-2006, 11:54
It is here!!!!

Imagine my excitement as my 7yo rushes in with a large box for me!
We stand around it ripping and tearing paper and when small hands reach for the LIVE SAPLINGS I shout "This is MY present!!!!" LOL, not very mature of me, not like a TV Mom would do, but hey, living baby trees and bushes need TLC.

LIVE PLANTS!!!!

1 each of Pink and Purple Magnolia-be still my beating heart. I have been dying for Magnolia.
3 Blueberry bush
1 Pear
and another one I've wanted for so long
1 White Dogwood

THANK YOU FLORACOVE!!!!!

I love the little wooden box with my avatar painted on it! That is adorable! A hematite crystal for grounding, just what I needed!

Candles and a candle holder, notecards, a crocheted bag filled with yummy teas, and herbs herbs herbs! Packets of dried herbs like Nettle (my fave), Globe Amaranth, German Chamomile, Kava Kava root, Lemon Balm, Mustard seed and Damiana!

And a sweet little basket with a bear and so much stuff you silly thoughtful girl!

I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

What a wonderful package. The gift that keeps on giving. ;)

a_shikhs
12-03-2006, 16:59
Wow Elf and Floracove... Live Plants sound beautiful.. Thats a lovely gift to get... :D

Guiding Cauldron
13-03-2006, 23:55
oh my oh my a lovely sunshiney colored box arrived my way today!!!!
inside was bright hot pink colored tissue paper, and the cutest bunny easter card.

the wrapping for all these goodies was soooo magical! organza green bags, brown stamped paper, etc....i adored it! there was a lovely blue beaded flower keyring, a fantastic tigers eys dragon figurine, hes so going on my alter :) salt water taffy, YUMMY!
a wonderful and felt from the heart handmade prosperity spell, wonderful 2 beeswax green candles, a breathtaking amathyst pendant on a silver chain, calendula seeds HORAY!!!!

last but not least and i think the best bit ever a deck of Goddesses wisdom cards- absolutely breathtakeing!!!!

TY EVER SO MUCH!!!! XXXX

Rowanne
14-03-2006, 00:22
Sunshineluvr - Glad you liked!!

Mine arrived today too..... thank you every so much Netazch!

I got, scented candles in a rainbow of colours, 2 very interesting books by a scottish author on celtic myth and magick, a book of faerie poetry, scented egg shaped soap in a very sweet tin, a beautiful carnelian chip bracelt, patchouli incense, cat notecards.............

Thank you - it was a lovely package all wrapped in a rainbow of colours! Just what I needed to cheer me up!

Netzach
14-03-2006, 02:11
I'm so glad to know that it arrived safely, Rowanne, and that you liked it.

SaintOfScreams
15-03-2006, 06:46
I got some more stuff today, it's coming togeether nicely.

OliviaRose
15-03-2006, 10:49
My package went out today, hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week!

Guiding Cauldron
15-03-2006, 21:51
All is set, unfortunetly i'm laid up in bloody bed with the flu! grrrrr, i hate to be slowed down, espe`cially with a move in three days!!!

ah now that my venting is done, i will post as soon as i can next week :)

Netzach
15-03-2006, 23:10
All is set, unfortunetly i'm laid up in bloody bed with the flu!

Hope you feel better soon!

December Fairy
16-03-2006, 05:05
I got the package sent. My partner does not know I am sending her a package. So I'll give a bit of info here. hehehehe

I needed to secure one item in the package with a folded magazine. :P

I don't have any newpaper in the house.

It's Entertainment Weekly. So you have a magazine to read, but it's not part of you "package." :eek: :D ;)

December Fairy
16-03-2006, 05:23
(((((sunshineluvr)))))

Hope your feeling better by the weekend. I would hate to move not feeling well.

Sending healing vibes to you.

Keigh
16-03-2006, 14:10
I've just weighed mine. It's heavier than I thought so it'll have to go by parcel post which means it may take a week or so to arrive. But it'll be there before the first day of spring (March 20th). I'm off to the post office shortly.
Was it all those candles and soaps, or maybe the incredibly cool books that put it over the weight barrier? It couldn't have been the notecards, incense....or the bracelet? Sounds like a wonderful assortment of goodies - no matter the weight :D:D:D....and wrapped so prettily too! These exchanges are soooo full of happiness and "light".

Guiding Cauldron
17-03-2006, 08:27
aww thanks guys for teh cheerful words and healing health they are so needed. :)

packing is done nearly, and we move in two days!!

easter package was sent today i dragged my bum to the post in the freezing cold brrrrrr, so its now winging its way across Europe, hope its well recieved and that nothing breaks!! :)

StLouisTarot
17-03-2006, 08:31
My package is packed up and ready to be sent. I've already sent her a note to let her know to watch for it. I hope she likes everything.

Juniper
17-03-2006, 09:45
Who had me??? The package came today and I loved it!! It had a fairy oracle set: The Fairy Ring, a fairy necklace, chocolate, a big heart shaped lapis lazuli, incense, a candle, and 3 litlle rocks I assume to also be lapis.

December Fairy
17-03-2006, 10:06
I like the sound of your package Juniper. :)

The Fairy Ring is still on my wish list.

OliviaRose
17-03-2006, 10:16
Didn't you see my name on your package??
I'm so glad you liked your stuff and I'm glad it came so quick, I couldn't wait for you to get it! Especially after I read somewhere you wanted a pen pal and you wanted a surprise in the mail.

Olivia

Juniper
17-03-2006, 10:20
well I saw your real name, but you could have been anyone on here. I guess you think I should rule out detective as a future job option huh?? LOL :)

Ok, since you already know I am a dork now, I don't know what one of the gifts is!! it is the long 6" thing in the wood container. Help! LOL

Juniper
17-03-2006, 10:23
Oh, I forgot, besides the thing I couldn't figure out, it had a REALLY PRETTY tarot bag too!! Thanks so much!

OliviaRose
17-03-2006, 10:35
Oh, I forgot I didn't think you would know what that was! That is candy from Mexico. And actually I was really worried about something... We had a bunch of those and that was the last one, but I forgot to open it and make sure it wasn't half eaten. Please tell me it wasn't!
But my husband's family went to Mexico and they always bring us those and I just thought it would be a unique thing to get you. They're safe to eat also, don't worry.:)

Juniper
17-03-2006, 11:03
it wasn't half eaten, but that would have been funny!!! How come the fairy ring is on your wishlist if you sent me one? have you just not updated your profile?

OliviaRose
17-03-2006, 11:05
Thank goodness it wasn't eaten! I was so worried!
When I picked up the Fairy Ring for you I really liked it and added it to my wishlist. Hope you have fun with it.

December Fairy
17-03-2006, 11:05
And actually I was really worried about something... We had a bunch of those and that was the last one, but I forgot to open it and make sure it wasn't half eaten. Please tell me it wasn't!

Ok you two, I had to giggle. :D
That is too cute!!

December Fairy
17-03-2006, 11:08
it wasn't half eaten, but that would have been funny!!! How come the fairy ring is on your wishlist if you sent me one? have you just not updated your profile?

OliviaRose sent it to you. But it's on my wish list. My very long amazon wish list. ;)

Juniper
17-03-2006, 11:09
Thank goodness it wasn't eaten! I was so worried!
When I picked up the Fairy Ring for you I really like it and added it to my wishlist. Hope you have fun with it.

You silly! Now I feel kind of bad you sent me it since you have it on your wish list and don't have one for yourself, especially with all the other things you sent!

What scent is the pink candle, do you know?

OliviaRose
17-03-2006, 11:18
Oh, don't even worry about it! You have fun with it!

The candle is Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. Isn't it so yummy?! I just started selling those, I'm really excited about it.

My husband wants to know if you tried the Mexican candy? He says it's called cajeta.

OliviaRose
17-03-2006, 11:41
December Fairy, I'm glad you got a laugh out of that, I have 3 boys so it was hard enough keeping them away from the rocks and the candy I sent her. It's a miracle everything arrived in one piece! :)

a_shikhs
17-03-2006, 12:35
Lucky you Juniper.. The fairy ring is still highly on my wishlist too.. :) Hope you enjoy the fae!!!!

Keigh
17-03-2006, 12:52
ROFLMAO - you are cracking me up! I love that you didn't know what the brown thing was and that it was candy (hopefully not pre-chewed!!!!). I love everything about this exchange.....it gives me joy every time a package is sent and received! :love::love::love::love:

Juniper
17-03-2006, 14:46
Keigh- candy was my first guess, and from the looks of it I really didn't have a second guess!

Olivia- no I haven't tried it yet, I am not that brave at trying new things, give me a hint as to what it tastes like?

Guiding Cauldron
17-03-2006, 20:28
love the sound of that spicy candle, i may have to place on order!! would you ship to the grey and soggy uk? :)

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 03:39
Sunshineluvr, sure I'd ship some candles to you over there! It's pretty grey and soggy over here too, right now.

Don't be scared, Juniper! To me it tastes kind of like caramel.

December Fairy
18-03-2006, 06:11
The candle is Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. Isn't it so yummy?!

snip, snip

Would you PM some info about the candle to me? That sounds like a wonderful scent.

Keigh
18-03-2006, 06:15
snip, snip

Would you PM some info about the candle to me? That sounds like a wonderful scent.

I just clicked on her web site link and am impresssed....now I have to really decide what "flavor" I want!

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 06:21
Sure you all can click on my website link and if you would like me to send you a scent sample I'd be more than happy to! Just PM me your address.

Juniper
18-03-2006, 07:09
Keigh- my dad is always saying flavor instead of scent, LOL

Olivia- are you sure that's the candle? I can't smell any chili pepper in it, it just smells really sweet and pretty, I thought it was some kind of flower.

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 07:14
It's definitely more sweet orange than it is chili pepper.
I've been struggling too, with my kids, for them to not eat the candles!

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 07:15
Oh and also, Juniper, make sure you burn it in a tight fitting votive holder, it will last longer. Sorry I forgot to stick one in there.

Guiding Cauldron
18-03-2006, 07:48
OMG i just saw your web site!!! Not being funny I LOVE quite a few of your candles, and those cute lil cinnamon bun ones are adorable!! Can you send me a price list of their costs, I'll probably ordr quite a few at once to save on shipping, these will be great in my new house!!! :)

Forgive me if i dont answer to quickly as ill be without a puter for a week or so, waiting for teh reconnection and all! :)Thanks so much, cheers!

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 07:51
Sure I'll PM you, it will just be a few minutes...
Thanks, you guys, for asking!

Juniper
18-03-2006, 09:18
HEY! I want some commission Olivia! :) I am the one who got all this ordering stuff stirred up by posting about the lovely smell LOL

Keigh
18-03-2006, 09:23
Oh My Gosh!!!! I don't even know where to begin. Melissa put together such an incredible box of wonderful things for me - I feel so blessed. I could smell the lavender before I opened it....providing a hint of the wonders within.

The package consisted of a shipping box with various goodies...and another box inside....with yet more goodies. In detail here is the list (then you will understand why I feel so blessed in this exchange!):

*Two bars of scented soaps - handmade by Melissa: Lemon Poppyseed & Bulgarian Lavender (which smells incredible - even from inside a sealed box!)

*A wooden soap holder - for the handmade soaps of course!

*A jar of Sandalwood Shea Body Butter - again handmade by Melissa (her label is "bare earth" if you are interested) - it's 100% natural and just in time to rescue my winter dry skin!

*A glass stylus pen & holder (for calligraphy)

*A new tarot bag - gold with a celestial design and lined in deep red. Absolutely georgeous! I have several decks vying for the priviledge of residence in it!

Several small pouches that contained the following treasures:
*moonstones :D:D (she must have read some of my posts....cuz this is my FAVORITE stone!
*Florite - for my intuition
*a resin face - small hold in your palm size - that looks like the green man, plus, a crystal & Jasper (I think)
*A scrying or dowsing crystal on a chain
*Two boxes of incense

*A drawstring bag of assorted candy (you just can't go wrong with chocolate!!!)

*Essential Oils in Rosewood, Sandalwood, Lavender & Patchouli, plus an infusion of Amber in jojoba oil (all of which, again, come from Melissa's handiwork)....wow!

*Last, but by no means least, a beautiful card and enclosed within that...four incredibly beautiful postcard sized Farschian Fortune Telling Cards.

Everything was beautifully packaged and tied with ribbons. The soaps came in cotton bags and tied with brown ribbon....I am feeling very spoiled and am writing this surrounded in the most incredible aromas! I'm in scent heaven! To top off the incredible nature of this gift....you should all know that Melissa spent the last week or so with a high fever and the flu. Hard to believe she had the energy to put such an incredible assortment together, yet here it is.

Thank you so much for everything!

Many many blessings to you Melissa,

Keigh

floracove
18-03-2006, 09:53
Oh wow!

This is so cool!

I'm so glad everyone is having a good time!

:)

Keigh
18-03-2006, 10:02
Sure I'll PM you, it will just be a few minutes...
Thanks, you guys, for asking!Okay....I just wanna know....how much is it to buy "sex on the beach"??? :D:D:D - say a 16 oz jar? Now...I know you're all snickering...but I'm SERIOUS!

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 11:06
Keigh, That would cost way more than you could afford.... Oh, you mean the candle?:)

I sell my jars for $19

Wow you really made out good there, Keigh!

Hey Juniper, I'm going to have to try to recruit you, you're really helping me out!

Juniper
18-03-2006, 11:08
how much are the votive candles?

OliviaRose
18-03-2006, 11:27
Votives are $3.
I feel like I'm going to get in trouble, talking business here!

December Fairy
19-03-2006, 03:10
A great big huge thank you to Eco74!!! :grin:

I love my package. It is wonderful.

She sent a lovely themed package. Spring Cleaning.

~Matching handmade card & note paper~
This card is so pretty & double sided. I've never seen one like it. I love the idea.

~Handmade Bag~I love the colors on the bag. I love orange!! Cute, cute flowers!!

~A sage stick~
I just happened to need. I have been thinking about getting one for a few weeks.

~Spring Salt~
oh my gosh!!! I opened the jar to smell the scent. It smells to delicious I want to eat it right out of the jar!!! I can't wait to use it.

~Candle~
A wonderful cinnamon scent in a decrative holder. It's very cute. It has tiny little cinnamon sticks tied on.

~A very pretty citrine stone~
Beautiful color too.

~Sunflower Seeds~
I love sunflowers. I can't wait to plant them and watch them grow. They are so pretty.

~Candied Lilac-Blossoms~
When I first looked at these I thought they were bath salts. :| hehehe After I read the letter I had one. They have a wonderful flavor & have a very cute shape. ;)

~Wooden Hen & Rooster~
You have no idea how perfect these are. :D I have lived in this house for 8 months. I have been looking for 2 little somethings to hang just over my glass door. I have a copper mold hanging over the middle of the door and 2 copper cookie cutters on each side. I have been looking for 8 months for some little wonderful thing to hang on the side of the cookie cutters to complete it. So they will be hanging in there new home sometime today.

And last but not least...

~A handmade Necklace~
A gorgeous handmade necklace too. Made in the colors of copper, a light green & pearl. I love the little butterflies.

I took a picture of everything. I will take a picture of the hen & rooster in their new home, and post the pics if I can figure out how. It might take a day or two before the pics are here.

:love:Thanks you so much for an amazing gift:love:

a_shikhs
19-03-2006, 03:29
Wow... I love reading this thread.. I can actually feel everybody's excitement when they receive their parcels.. i hope my parcel reaches its destination soon and waiting eagerly for my parcel... :)

Eco74
19-03-2006, 04:21
It sure sounds like the hen and rooster have come to a perfect home. :)

I was hoping the package would get there soon and have been looking out for a "recieved-post" for a day or two. I'm so glad to see it all got to you safely and as with all these packages, putting things together has been a really great experience.
It gave me a chance to read up on herbs too (for the spring salt) and exploration on new ground is something I really like. The spring cleaning theme gave me the perfect oportunity. :D

Netzach
20-03-2006, 22:46
My parcel just arrived! All the way from India - that, in itself, was so exciting. Thank you so much a-shikhs.

In the parcel was a deck of Doreen Virtue Goddess Guidance cards, a wonderful beaded & sequined bag for the cards to live in, a pretty enamelled candle holder, a tiny bag containing a pretty blue anklet that jingles, a pretty rose quartz heart shaped pendant, a quartz geode and a pack of red Indian envelopes. I remember bringing some turquoise paper and envelopes back from my trip to India - Indian stationery is quite unlike anything we have over here.

And accompanying all this was a letter from a-shikhs which made the whole thing so personal and lovely. She said "I hope this parcel made you smile" - well, it did!! Thanks again.

a_shikhs
20-03-2006, 23:15
Netzach, im so glad you liked the parcel.:) And so happy it arrived safe and sound.. :D I couldnt be all that creative because of my exams and study load.

Eco74
21-03-2006, 04:04
I got my package today and I'm all sparklies, butterflies and roses! :D

Firstly, the sparklies... they´re everywhere but I think I got most of them off the carpet and contained in the box now. ;)

The contents are absolutely wonderful.. No need to worry and most certainly no need to apologise. I'm thrilled to bits! :) :love:

In the package I found a lovely spring-green towel embroidered with three cherries.
To go with the towel, a bathbomb and a body soap from Lush (both smell fantastic and I'll be booking up an overnighter with long hot bath at my parents fairly soon to make use of the bathbomb since I have no tub in the apartment).
There was also a little beauty-bag to hold necessities, and it even had a little mirror on it. Very cute and smaller and neater than the big bulky one I currently have.

There was a lovely card too with the refrain from 'Walking on Sunshine' on the envelope and a lovely little letter inside..
And a couple of chicks in a basket, straight from easter island. :)

The reading gave me things to think about and the little salmon figurine went right up on my altar (which up til moments before the salmon went up was called "make-shift" - no more of that) to remind me to 'go with the flow'.

And - somewhat related to this - the Angel Meditation deck got shuffled and gave me the Angel of Wisdom for a first card.. How perfect is that, eh? :D
The deck came in a lovely organza bag so it has a home too.

Then the butterflies and roses...
A very pretty pair of earrings with rose-quartz and pink butterflies and a very lovely pink and sparkly butterfly necklace. Wearing both right now. :)
There was also an egg to keep little keepsakes or jewellery in. Lovely ivory-white background with golden details, roses on the front and butterfly-feet.

And there are chocolates.
A lovely box of pralines that are the perfect way to celebrate a special time, such as this most certainly is.

I'll keep the reading on my altar too to keep it close to mind and safe.
The package really made today very special, and will continue to since many of the items will be kept out in view and continue to remind me of openness, spring and the joy of sharing.. :)

Keigh
21-03-2006, 05:10
Isn't this lovely! So happy about your packages December Fairy, Netzach and Eco74! They sound wonderful! (I just noticed I'm ending all my sentences with exclamation points!) :D:D LOL

December Fairy
21-03-2006, 08:41
That's a lovely package Eco74. Enjoy your bath when you get to use the tub. ;)

floracove
21-03-2006, 23:47
Oh, those are so cool!
This is such fun!

December Fairy
23-03-2006, 03:32
I'm starting to worry about the package I sent. I sent it last Tues or Wed priority mail. 2 to 3 days. Should be there by now.
I'm going to spill the beans. ;) I sent it to Dolphingirl and she has not been on AT or at least not posted in 4 weeks. The last post she made was in this thread to sign up.
So I would like to ask that #1 we send positive thought to Dolphingirl that everything is OK & #2 that she has the package or will get the package very soon.

Thanks

floracove
23-03-2006, 03:39
(((Dolphingirl)))

Speedy delivery, and that she comes back soon!

Alta
23-03-2006, 03:42
She has been on the Forum in the last 12 hours. Suggest a PM.

December Fairy
23-03-2006, 03:51
She has been on the Forum in the last 12 hours. Suggest a PM.

Thanks, I am going to do that now.

December Fairy
23-03-2006, 05:03
So, 2 or 3 weeks ago I looked at dolphingirls profile to decide what deck to add to her package only there was no list of what decks she has or a wish list. So I decide against putting a deck in the package, not knowing what she has/wants. I think I read what info was there. {{{I swear I did}}} I even posted about my thoughts on not knowing what she has or likes.

Today while I went to her profile to look for her last post there is a very long list of decks and a wish list. So I'm not sure if she just added this to her profile or if there was a problem with the boards that day and it just did not show.

So here's the part when my tummy sinks. It says she is allergic to incense.

Guess what I put in her package?

I've sent her a PM to apologize for not seeing that in her profile. I feel terrible.

I wanted to apologize here too.

Dolphingirl, I am so sorry I did not see that you are allergic to incense. I hope you can still use and enjoy the rest of the package. I know incense are very strong so I hope the other items can "air out" so that you can use them.

Please find a good home for the incense and the incense holder.

dolphingirl
23-03-2006, 06:19
I got my package yesterday but couldn't get online until today to say how much I love everything! :)

I got a big statue of two bunnies that is just adorable and will go on my shelf next to the front door where I like to do a little seasonal display.

a neat ornament of a bunnie with bead legs

two packages or incense in pretty packages (one with Alice in Wonderland and one with a lady riding a hourse)

Lots of easter candy, (candy corn, cadbury eggs and Robins eggs)

a lovely dolphin themed tarot bag.

Thank you so much Easter Bunny!!!!

December Fairy
23-03-2006, 06:43
I'm glad to hear you got the package.

:| :( :| Just get rid of the incense :| :( :|

I'm glad you liked everything else.

I hope the bracelet fits.

Satori
23-03-2006, 07:51
OK I'm finally back and letting you all know that St.LouisTarot should be getting her package soon. I sent it out today, priority, and she should be decadently and properly surprised in a short time.

My apologies for it taking a bit of time to get it out. But I was waiting on my local choclatier to get in a special item....

Only time will tell if I did good.

floracove
23-03-2006, 09:19
Awww...

That's so sweet!
I love bunnies.

dolphingirl
24-03-2006, 14:17
I just love everything, my boyfriend grabed the magazine as his which was cool as I got a chance to go though the rest of the package. Gonna try to take a picture of my cat with the big statue, They will look so cute together!

I love hearing what everyone is getting, it is so much fun

Thank you so much for everything, I love it all :)

SaintOfScreams
24-03-2006, 17:30
Can everyone send me their address again, so I can send them a card?

StLouisTarot
25-03-2006, 09:00
Elf.........

Thank you so much for the lovely Easter gifts.

In my box was

A box of handmade chocolates(I ate one)
Dark chocolate hearts ( I ate two)
A beautiful turqoise and I think flourite bracelet. (Im wearing now)
A big dark chocolate and fudge easter egg.
the Spiral Tarot with book and beautiful light purple bag. ( I love purple)
Jelly beans(I had a few of those too)
A nice(big) egg shaped green agate? I think that's what that is. I have to find a special place for that.

Thank you very much you made my day.:D

floracove
25-03-2006, 09:34
Can everyone send me their address again, so I can send them a card?
You mean us?

Satori
25-03-2006, 09:59
Oh, I'm so happy the bracelet fits you.
I made it myself and yes, the diamond shape is fluorite.

Lovely thing to give and to hope that the gift is going to work out and then see that it does!

blessings to all!

SaintOfScreams
25-03-2006, 14:51
Yes, everyone.

OliviaRose
29-03-2006, 08:07
My package came today, must be from dolphingirl, because on her biz card said something about dolphins, and I got~
A little stuffed animal
A little basket of candy
Socks (used I think)
Tarot bag
Tarot book set with deck (not sure what kind, says Main Street)
Little notecards (which are cute & I can use with my biz) and
A kite

Juniper
29-03-2006, 12:16
My package came today, must be from dolphingirl, because on her biz card said something about dolphins, and I got~
A little stuffed animal
A little basket of candy
Socks (used I think)
Tarot bag
Tarot book set with deck (not sure what kind, says Main Street)
Little notecards (which are cute & I can use with my biz) and
A kite

You gave me so many wonderful gifts, I'm sorry this didn't work out for you :(

StLouisTarot
08-04-2006, 05:01
I mailed off my package for the second time. It came back the first time. I hope you enjoy it Exchange buddy!

penguinsandtigers
10-04-2006, 02:31
My package went out on monday, and according to ups tracking (gotta love that lol) was deliverd friday at 215 pm. I havent heard that she got it yet, but i sure hope so!!. And i cant wait for mine!! im getting excited, like a late birthday present :D *giggles happily* im so glad to finally be back online too. Take care.

penguinsandtigers
11-04-2006, 09:55
Im bouncing up and down right now. I got my package today :D:D:D:D

It has:
a stuffed puppy
an easter bunny chocolate
3 eggs, snickers, mily way, and hershey
1 candle and holder (sunshine sent)
a small gold incense holder with sage incense
a goddes totem
a deck of Tarot of The Animal Lords
and a purple holder

Im soooooooo excited, thanks so Much St.Louis Tarot!!!!!

*hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss

StLouisTarot
12-04-2006, 00:14
You are very welcome. I had fun putting it together.

Guiding Cauldron
15-04-2006, 23:30
Had a blast reading and catching upon everyones parcels :)
I'm so ooo glad the one i sent to sweden got there safely and taht nothing broke- i was petrified the egg would break!!
Since its nearly Easter just wanting to send blessings to everyones way, Happy Spring all :)

a_shikhs
16-04-2006, 02:04
Happy Easter everyone.. :)

OliviaRose
16-04-2006, 02:20
Happy Easter!!

Oh, I can't wait for tomorrow! My boys are going to be so happy. They love shoes so I got them new shoes and they're going to have baskets with shoes filled up with candy! So fun. And we're going to church this year because my boys think holidays are all about getting stuff. But man, I am scared about bringing my 3 boys to a catholic church, it's going to be crazy.

StLouisTarot
16-04-2006, 08:00
Hoppy Easter