Tarot Garden Server Offline for Move

Jeannette

[Preface to moddies: please feel free to move this thread if I've put it under the wrong forum heading. I wasn't quite sure where it "fit."]

Greetings All!

Visitors to the Tarot Garden website over the last couple of weeks may have noticed a few... problems... in getting a good connection. As I've posted in various ways here on the AT forums in the past, and also on the Tarot Garden site, the problems have been definitely traced to our ISP. Our server is fine, our email is fine -- but our Internet service itself, to put it bluntly, stinks.

We believe the problem was probably instigated when they did some digging work on the street outside our house last summer, to fix some phone cable problems. In the process, they seem to have failed to preoperly reseal the cabling for the Internet feeds, because the service behaves exactly like lines that are getting exposed to moisture. Everytime we have a thaw or a rain or a wet snow, the service is compromised.

We've complained and cajoled until we're blue in the face, but we've pretty much come to the conclusion that there's nothing much more we can do at this point to get the ISP to rectify the situation. So, with no real other options remaining to us, we have begun the process of relocating our server. The server is in transit to its new home as I type this.

What this means, however, is that access to our site will be interrupted for several hours. I'm told it will only take a couple of hours to get the server set up in the new spot, but it will be getting a new IP address in the process, and it will take some time for that new address to propogate fully through the Internet. That means some folks may be able to get back on our site within a few hours, whereas some folks may not be able to reach us for a day or more.

In the meantime, if anyone needs questions answered or an order placed immediately, I can be reached by phone at 515.224.7654 (plus any international dialing codes required, if you're outside the U.S or Canada). Our email service may also be interrupted for a bit, but if you write to us, the messages will not get "lost." They'll come through to me as soon as the email connection is reestablished.

The goal of all this messin' around is, of course, to improve access to our site and our service response time. Dan and I appreciate everyone's continued patience and support during the transition.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Jeannette

Server Back Online

The Tarot Garden server is up-and-running in its new location, and the response time seems really good! Our regular emails are now also back up-and-running. However, further changes need to be made to the .php code on some of our webpages. Until that happens, any of our pages that are supposed send out automated emails (like the shopping cart and the search service) will not do that. We will still receive the shopping cart orders, but the confirmations won't go out to the customers. I've got to drop now -- it's been an exhausting week -- but we'll be trying to get the email automation functional again tomorrow.

In the meantime, Dan and I invite everyone back to the site for a visit. I updated the homepage earlier this week, and we've added several new titles to our online Boutique -- so if you haven't dropped by for a look-see recently, you may want to check out what's new!

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden