Moon - in the daytime?

psychic sue

I was picking my niece up from school yesterday - around 3.15pm - and whilst I was waiting in the playground, I looked up at the sky. I could see the moon quite clearly. Maybe it has always been there and I've never noticed, but it struck me as odd? Is this a regular phenomena?

firecatpickles

Yes, it is. In fact on my subject area test in Science I was asked "at what time of day is the moon at its zenith? a. 6 a.m. b. 12 noon c. 6 p.m. or d. 12 midnight?"

Well this is obviously a trick question.

psychic sue

Oh well that's answered my question then! I am obviously not very observant!

paradoxx

kilts_knave said:
Yes, it is. In fact on my subject area test in Science I was asked "at what time of day is the moon at its zenith? a. 6 a.m. b. 12 noon c. 6 p.m. or d. 12 midnight?"

Well this is obviously a trick question.

"at what time of day is the moon at its zenith?

I am going to say noon (b) because the other times of day are morning, evening, and night. I have been noticing the moon during the day, and early early morning as well, and last night it was masked by low clouds. After the full moon, the lunar brother to the sun will be visible through all of the earlyhours and earlier in the day instead of the afternoon.

dadsnook2000

Oh, no!

The Moon might be at the zenith at any time of the day or night. Look at what sign and degree the Moon is in -- when that sign and degree is at the MC, be it morning, noon or night, then thats "when". At or near "new moon", the Moon is at the zenith around mid-day. At or near "full moon", the Moon is at the zenith of a locality around mid-night. Etc. Etc. Etc. Dave