How to Clean ...

Kahlie

Hello,

I'm wonder how to clean the Milky Quartz/Snow Quartz Carved Angel I just bought. It seems it has some 'blackish/greyish' spots on it. I already put it under pouring water, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

It's very hard fo rme to see if the spots are on the surface or under the stone. I tried rubbing it with a soft cloth (the one I use for my glasses)...

Does anybody have any other Ideas on how to clean this stone? I thought Milky Quart/Snow Quartz was only white? Those spots really turn me off, since they are on the head of the Angel figurine...

Kahlie

doreen

crystal

Hi,
The marks on your crystal are called inclusions and you cannot remove them. Lot's of crystals have inclusions even fine diamonds.
I would not wsorry about this as they are mother nature's fingerprints.
The less inclusions you have on a crystal the more expensive they tend to be.
Did you buy this crystal yourself? or was it a gift.
Doreen.

Bluemanticore

Kahlie, just look at those dark spots on your angel as being birthmarks. :D

Kahlie

It was a Gift, and I like it very much. My lover bought it on Ebay for me. I am a bit upset because it's on the face of the angel... two spots above each other... and I don't know if it's an inclusion or not.. (how do I see that?!)

The rest of the angel is almost uniformly white....

Kahlie

tarotbear

Stone is a natural object; the dots are natural, too. they cannot be removed if they are imbedded in the stone because the stone formed around them. Too bad the maker of the angel did not redesign the angel so they would not be on the face.

It's a gift and you do like it; learn to live with what cannot be changed.

lilwinky

Cleansing Crystals.....

I believe that you can "cleanse" the crystals with salt water...let them sit a while in it...and or even sun lit water...water that has been sitting for a while outside in the sunshine...I have heard that water that has been sitting for a bit like say maybe three hours or so...it is also used as "Holy Water".
I like learning about different religions,but, one that I am trying to just do my own "take" on is Pagan/Witchcraft works. A friend told me, that she is Pagan,and she was telling me that you don't have to follow what all of the books in the stores have...like their ideas, and or recipes...you can make up your own rituals and or cleansing ideas....for what is right for you!
I would rather do that...but, at the same time...I think that it would be great to just try some spells and ideas...simpler ones that are extremely easy to use as well...because I prefer the simpler the easier and the better!!!

I just saw your post about cleansing, and thought that I would stick my head in and say hi,and hope that this works for you.

Salt is a great purifier.....it also helps in haunted homes....I think that you can either "spritz" salt water on the walls and /or on the corners of a home, if there is a haunting or something like that....
Also, I have heard that Kissing the walls of your home, is another way to "bless" something and get the positive to "stick" around.
Maybe this would also work with your stones and or crystals. I think that whatever works to your advantage, and it is a positive act..then go for it!!!

just some thoughts!...lilwinky

Kahlie

Dear lilwinky,

I wasn't speaking of Cleansing... I was speaking Cleaning (no S!). I still feel slightly off that it has black spots on the pure pristine snow quartz... and on the head. I'm still not convinced these are inclusions, but well, I tried rubbing with a soft cloth and they don't go away, so I guess it's something in the stone...

Kahlie

floracove

May sound kinda rough...

If it bother's you, it's just a stone (basically) why not try a little sandpaper?

Alta

Really fine sandpaper to keep the surface nice, like 300 grit or finer.

floracove

Marion said:
Really fine sandpaper to keep the surface nice, like 300 grit or finer.
Excellent point!

(Flora, wasn't thinking...)