PDA

View Full Version : Moved Threads

Little Eagle
11-02-2006, 07:31
Can i ask the moderator why certain topics are taken out of the public arena into the fee paying arena.

sharpchick
11-02-2006, 07:49
You can ask but the simple answer is that there are forums that are subscriber only forums. AT can't be run for free, and even though many subscribers have made it possible for AT to give gifts of subscriptions to some really lucky folks, I suspect this is one of the largest tarot message boards in the world, and who knows how many people never even join, but still learn a lot just by reading posts in the free forums.

Off the top of my head right now, I recall that the Your Readings forum can be accessed when you get to 50 posts, whether you've subscribed or not, and the Reading Exchange forum can be accessed at 25 posts.

What in particular did you want access to?

Little Eagle
11-02-2006, 08:46
Thanks
i did not want access to any particular area i just wondered why threads like Akashic records and little blue lights had been moved. This means that unless you subscibe you cannot follow the threads any more.i understand why people pay and somethings are not free but i did not join the site to take rather give and share knowledge where possible with like minded people.

Sienna
11-02-2006, 09:04
I'm sorry but I don't know the threads you are talking about in particular, my guess is, they were more applicable to forums such as spirituality or professional tarot etc. I am only guessing. The moderators are quite fair and impartial on here so my guess is the content of those particular threads was more suitable in another forum, be it a subscriber forum or otherwise.

In no way I am suggesting you want something for free - just my expereince of being a subscriber (so far) on AT.

Love & Light
sx

Alta
11-02-2006, 09:06
Threads are always sorted by topic. If a thread is about Spirituality, and the Akashic Records thread is around that topic then it is moved. 24 hours notice is always given.
Subsciptions keep this place running, Solandia could scarcely be expected to support the costs on her own. She could have ads but has chosen not to do that.
Some Forums are restricted to a certain time and post count (reading Exchange, Oracle readings and Your readings), but that is largely to keep folks from joining who have no interest in tarot beyond getting free readings.
Relatively few Forums are subscriber only.

And, speaking of topics, this does not belong in Crystals and Herbs and will be moved to Tech Support. Since that is also an open Forum, I will merely leave a re-direct in Forum of origin.

regards,
Marion

Little Eagle
11-02-2006, 12:32
Thanks for the response
It does give people something to think about !.
Regarding your claim that certain people only come on line for free tarot readings, does this really happen ?. I kinda gathered that most people online have a strong interest in spirituality and not the odd freebee.I appaud your stance on support and the costs but it does strike me as a bit of a two tier system whether intentional or not when certain topics are excluded. I suppose it is a sad reminder of the world we live in !, no slight intended. I suppose i'll have to join then or remain the rebel on the fringes
Namaste Little Eagle.

Alta
11-02-2006, 12:37
Regarding your claim that certain people only come on line for free tarot readings, does this really happen ?Yes, though by far the majority are here because they are interested in learning or exchanging on tarot.

Sophie
12-02-2006, 04:03
There is one thing I find vaguely disturbing - and that's when a thread is moved from subscription to public, when there has been some intimate post on it that was posted on the basis of the subscription area being more intimate. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Alta
12-02-2006, 04:15
Good thought Helvetica. I will try and keep an eye out for that.

Also suggest the original poster report it immediately for removal, or they could edit it themselves, too (quicker).

Lillie
12-02-2006, 04:22
Yes.

That's important.

Sometimes I say stuff in the subscribers area, knowing that no one 'just passing through' will ever read it.
And I would not have said it if I knew the whole world could read it.
Personal sruff, things like that.
So, yes. What Helvetica said is important.

I'd never thought about it before.