PDA

View Full Version : Current events on Saturn

Moongold
15-02-2006, 12:21
This is a question that possibly only Dadsnook may be able to answer but anyone else with a view or comment would be most welcome.

Some of you might have heard of these events (http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/scientists-track-titanic-saturn-storm/2006/02/15/1139890767544.html) on Saturn. A massive thunderstorm - far more powerful than anything we have ever known or could withstand on Earth.

I'm currently in the year of my second Saturn return, with Saturn currently transiting through my Eighth House in Leo.

I'm a learning astrologer and my question is Are these thunderstorms likely to have any effect?. If we see the planets as generating energies, it could be significant. Do extraordinary events on planets have a spin off for us?

To be honest I have been drained of energy in the last few days. Exhausted in fact and home resting today. Could this be symptomatic of what is currently happening on Saturn? I am also in a major Pluto transit. Pluto is in my Eighth house as well. In fact Pluto and Saturn are within 8 degrees of each other and both are retrograde.

Would be interested in any comments. Thanks in advance for your time :)

Ilithiya
15-02-2006, 18:09
I think that if anything, it's your Saturn and Pluto being so close and retrograde that may be causing your drain. I'd think that the high level of activity of a thunderstorm would lend additional energy, not take it away.

I don't follow "standard" astrology - my system of correlations is really weird - but I see both Saturn and Pluto as having a negatively-charged, cold polarity. When you have two planets like that so close, it's almost as if the effects of their polarity increases exponentially.

I don't think that thunderstorms, even such massive and powerful ones, would have much of a bearing on anyone. Not only are they so darned far away, but they come, they go, and while some may be short lived, some have been around for centuries (Jupiter's Great Red Spot, for instance).

My advice? Focus on positively-charged and hot polarity things. Eat curry or North Indian food, and avoid fish and leftovers. Wear red and orange. Don't drink milk, drink juice. Avoid Saturn stones/etc like the plague. (Heck, avoid the plague too :D) Encourage a Jupiter influence (positive-charge).

See if it helps - what works for me may not work for you, but I figure it can't hurt to suggest, at the very least :)

Illy

paradoxx
15-02-2006, 21:18
Wow, now I remember why i like astrology so much, it ties in so well with astronomy. The hyperion photograph is a prime example of this.

Also, the Saturn Chiron opposition I have noticed is very draining, my stamina and sleeping patterns seem slower and sluggish. The full moon transition was also very difficult, with mercury and uranus in conjunction across the line pisces point

Speaking of storms, the eastern wyoming prairie got some snow tonight, just a few days behind New York enjoying the warm 50 degree winter weather the migrated with the western winds that we felt so fonldy of as of lately.

Moongold
15-02-2006, 22:31
Thanks Ilithya ~

Your comments make a lot of sense. Saturn and Pluto are so present in my consciousness that they feel quite close instead of "beyond reach" :D.

The cold polarity idea is intriguing. I had thought a bit of "burn out" ~ it's been so bad, I kid you not!

Moongold

catlin
15-02-2006, 22:41
A friend of mine who is a kind of typical Capricorn has suffered a kind of stroke sympthomatic yesterday.

Do you think this might be related to the Saturn lightning storm?

WhiteRaven
15-02-2006, 22:48
I am also Capricorn and have a few planets in Capricorn. I am suffering a lot of what MoonGold is experiencing at the moment and wondering why. This information about Saturn is quite interesting.

star-lover
16-02-2006, 00:03
bit off topic but from what i remember reading from liz greene and others is saturn pluto harsh aspects are about wars

dadsnook2000
16-02-2006, 00:14
It has been stated that the solar system is comprised of the Sun and Jupiter, plus some other miscelaneious stuff. Both the Sun and Jupiter radiate energy, enough such that if we were sensitive to the spectrum emitted by Jupiter that it would appear to be about half the size of the Sun in our sky.

None of the other planets radiate more energy than they take in. As far as an event on a planet having a measurable effect on another planet, we can look at a few circumstances.

JUPITER: This planet radiates energy, a lot of energy. The planet has a giant red spot. The planet's gravitational effect upon the earth can be measured. At the time of the recent comet's impact on Jupiter, a huge explosion ocurred but there was not measurable impact on Jupiter that was, in turn, having any effect on earth. Jupiter's huge bulk and gravitational influence acts like a broom which sweeps up comets and meteors and space junk that might impact Earth. With the Moon, these two bodies are great protectors of our planet.

SATURN: This is another of the large gas planets. As such, its atmosphere is a huge caldron of temperature and energy interactions. An intense electrical storm is probably a very common occurance there. Being further away than Jupiter, and smaller/lighter than Jupiter, its influence is probably less also when measured in various ways.

Jupiter has many Moons as does Saturn. One or two of these Moons sometimes has an electrical exchange with Jupiter, due to the volcanic activity on some of the Moons due to gravitational elongation and fluctuation of surface plates. These "storms" or exchanges of energy are probably at least as powerful as Saturn's internal atmosheric activity.

As a bottom line, I would think that the current experiences you are having is a result of current transiting and other transitional effects. You do not have your birth data posted so I can't run a few charts to see what is actually happening for you now, but it seems to be temporary and not permanent from your description -- so I would suspect a short-term influence is currently at work. I wouldn't look at just current in-the-sky patterns as the reason until I say how they impacted your chart(s). Dave

Elven
16-02-2006, 01:44
Another Capricorn here :D
Saturn seems certainly to be giving me a mouthful at the moment! My god - my teeth are causing me the most phenominal pain! I usually dont have too many physical problems at all - they are rare - but this has knocked my socks off. I cant sleep because of it and my mood is very low.

Just adding my Cappy whinge :D

Blessings
Elven x

Moongold
16-02-2006, 03:52
As a bottom line, I would think that the current experiences you are having is a result of current transiting and other transitional effects. You do not have your birth data posted so I can't run a few charts to see what is actually happening for you now, but it seems to be temporary and not permanent from your description -- so I would suspect a short-term influence is currently at work. I wouldn't look at just current in-the-sky patterns as the reason until I say how they impacted your chart(s). Dave
Dave, thank you for your time.

I have transiting Pluto conjunct my natal Sun at present. Also transiting Saturn opposing transiting Chiron and transiting Jupiter conjunct natal Chiron.

The first Saturn/Chiron transit advises letting go, and the Jupiter/Chiron transit is healing energy.

This could explain some of it. I might pm you my natal details.

dadsnook2000
16-02-2006, 04:59
I've sent you a PM on your current events. Dave

Moongold
16-02-2006, 05:18
I've sent you a PM on your current events. Dave
Dave ~ thanks.

What you've said makes a lot of sense. A few things were stunningly accurate.
I will give you some more detailed feedback later. Work calls now. But at least I know what is happening and that helps. It is consistent with a Tarot reading I had a few weeks ago, and my own readings too.

Thanks so much for your time.

Kate