PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, Herbal Knowlage

william_james
16-02-2006, 06:23
Hello all,

Before I begin with my problem, I have to admit I dont usually use this Forum, but has My friend is suffering I think now that I need to.

Recently my Friend has begun to have panic attacts, She has talked to the doctors and nothing has been done about it, I am using this source for my friend has a last resort, PLEASE if you know of any herbal uses/ remides that might be of use to her, please let me know.
This is the only oppurtunity I have to get advice, so thankyou and i hope to here from you soon.

William_James.

floracove
16-02-2006, 06:47
I have an HerbMaster CD, and tried to look up the symphtom, panic attack, and anxiety attack, and neither are listed.

Is there any other key word, or symphtom that has to do with this situation?
If so, I'd be more than happy to look it up for you.

Right off the top of my head, I'd say try some chamomile tea, it should be soothing.

raeanne
16-02-2006, 06:56
Hi William_James,
You might find some help on this web site:
http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/Anxiety/treatment/alternative_treatment.asp
Your friend may want to talk to a different doctor as well; one that is open to alternative treatments. Most of our medicines come from plants anyway so I believe in caution when using any herbs. Be very careful not to mix herbs with perscription medicines as some combinations can be dangerous. For mild anxiety, chamomile is nice. Passionflower is also a good natural sedative. Anyway, the above link has some good information.

floracove
16-02-2006, 06:57
Here's a search link, using herbs + anxiety attack, as keywords for the search.
Look around in there and see if anything is of use.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&hs=F6S&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=herbs+%2B+anxiety+attack&spell=1

aaquwaa
16-02-2006, 08:03
Hi there,
Not an expert here. Valerian is supposed to be calming. I'd second the chamomille tea.
I have heard good things about Bach's Rescue Remedy for stress, not an herb.
I'd recommend some lavendar oil, or a blend, externally.
Hope your friend gets better. :)
aaquwaa

Chronata
16-02-2006, 09:16
I have been a sufferer of panic attacks before...the kind that come with sudden heart palpatations, sweating, headaches, and an overwelming feeling of fear.

Most times...these panic attacks and anxiety are triggered by unrealistic phobias...but most of the time, for me ...it's stress.

One of my favorite remedies is to drop everything and drink a cup of Jasmine tea...breathing it in, instantly calms me and I can reset my mind and examine why the anxiety is getting to me, while I relax.

Other times in the past...I have used essential oils. Smell does a lot to relax me, I guess!
I have a bottle of Rosemary and Lavender mixed together.
I put a few drops in a difusser (a contraption made to heat oils) or on a handkerchief...and I just breathe in.

Don't know if this will work for your friend, William_James...but I know it does wonders for me!

alphonsine
16-02-2006, 21:44
WJ

when our mind runs..it creates alot of red
so
advise the use of purple energy to balance and calm
if she is water....a purple soothing waterfall
if air..purple billowy clouds
chakra balancing will help
i would investigate..rock rose in Bach remedies
also,
liquid vit E, which coats the nerves and shealth
cal/mag calms the nerves
warm milk is lovely, especialy with some ginger or sugar

a "love "mantra will bathe her in calmness and dispell some of the fear she might be experiencing
as they say, we have 2 basic emotions LOve and fear

try, ....this to will pass .. (as a mantra)
as we evolve.. this phase sometimes arises
i am sure your love and patience is well recieved

blessings and healings
alphonSine

Wandlimb
17-02-2006, 01:00
Bach Flower Remedies are what I use if I'm panicking. Rescue Remedy is good, or Rock Rose. You can get them from most chemists or health food shops. I've tried loads of stuff and that's what works best. Oils are good too, like aaquwaa says, especially lavender.

Good luck!

faunabay
17-02-2006, 01:11
I've used Bach Flower Remedies on animals too with excellent results!

Ankou
18-02-2006, 03:38
I also have panic attacks of a sort, which involve a cramping of my chest muscles till I can barely breath or move. Generally associated with stress, and made worse by overdoing the caffine. I've found skullcap tea to be effective in seperating the body from stress, gives kind of a floating feeling. I also use a trick from a friend who studied Reiki, stand barefoot with the spine as straight as is comfortable and breath slowly, just focusing on the breathing, then imagine a colum of white light traveling up from the ground through your body and releasing into the air. This works best if you can plant your feet on earth outside as opposed to your floor inside, but it helps either way.

If she really needs a doctor she should find someone who works with natural medicine, accupuncture, or reiki. "Scientific", ie modern western, medicine will most likely be of little help for this issue, unless they can find a "real" disease to link it too. In my case it's mostly psycological, and tuning into homeopathic remedies helps me feel more in tune to the old world, which helps defuse the stress caused by the modern social expectations.

Post back if any of this thead is helpful! I like to know what works for others, I also like to know others are feeling better once I've been made aware they're having a rough time :)

Love and Light,

Ankou

Netzach
18-02-2006, 04:04
Rescue remedy is excellent for panic attacks, nerves, stress, anxiety and trauma. It works on animals as well and is very gentle. But don't use it if you're allergic to alcohol because a very small amount of alcohol is used in the preparation.

Otherwise, homoeopathic Arg. Nit. (Argentum Nitricum) is very good for anxiety.

You can get both of these in any health store and most large chemists.