Tarot Readings and E-Bay

TemperanceAngel

I am interested to know if anyone has ever won a Tarot Reading on E-Bay?
What was your reading like?
Did it get sent via e-mail or some other way?

Rogan

Ive come across these (whilst searching for decks for sale) and I get a really dodgy feeling about them... I wouldn't do it.

gregory

My feelings exactly - BUT - I know there are people here who put readings up on e-bay to raise money for Katrina, so.....

Tough one !

TemperanceAngel

Dodgy? So what is the difference between putting a reading up for auction on E-Bay to selling one from your website or offering one on AT?

I forgot I posted this thread actually, oops!

Dwaas

Sienna said:
I would like peoples opinions on whether my Ebay page is "Dodgy".

First, I had to look up the word dodgy. Never heard of it before. :) And then I had a look at your ebay page. No it is not dodgy at all imo. But I do second OliviaRose about the idea of giving some extra info on what kind of matters you lay cards for. Your page looks wonderful.

And on topic: no, I never had a reading through ebay. Perhaps I might give it a try one day.

Blessings

Sienna

Thanks guys :), its an interesting point about the questions, I just kind of took it as obvious that I would try and answer anything!! such is the versitility of the Tarot! In actuality most people's questions are about... relationship (surprise!). Maybe I need to say something... but I hope that potential customers go to my website, which indicates that I endeavour to answer all questions: love, money, career etc.

(((Dwaas))), thanks for looking up the meaning of Dodgy :) Your English is way better than my Dutch! (i.e. my Dutch is non-existent!!)

Thanks for taking the trouble to look, I don't really expect any business from Ebay, but its almost free advertising, so what the hey!

Sx

Rogan

Sorry Guys ~ When I say "Dodgy" I guess I mean "Sketchy" or "I wouldn't trust it" ~ Dodgy must be an australian thing...

redflash

I gave it a go about a year & a half ago, it was before I came back to studying tarot seriously. I thought hmmmmmm its not much, I will try it. The seller had lots of glowing testimonials. I got a 6 month spread & to put it bluntly it was the biggest pile of poop ! There was nothing applicable to my life. After the 6 months was up I re-read it to see if I could then apply it to my life but it was rubbish, just repeating the same stuff over & over. To be honest I didn't expect it to be much & so I wasn't disappointed !

diane drizzy

I did get one earlier in the year as Christmas gift to myself (see my posting further down in the Negative Reading).
As I had written earlier, it was a terrible reading and bothered me for weeks.
Personally I guess it's a learning experience. Of course I wouldn't want to do it again, and I left the Tarot cold for awhile, and gave my cards away.
I got it emailed to me.
It's something I would never, ever do again!!!

starrystarrynight

Well, I have bought a couple of readings on Ebay, and I have to tell you, my opinion is that the accuracy rate is probably equal to the readings I've had done in person.

A couple of them were exceptional--right on point--and I was quite happy with them (even though I didn't like hearing what they had to say, that isn't the fault of the reader--just my sucky life! ;) ).

Then, too, one or two of them weren't very good...but again, probably the same accuracy rate as in-person readings.

I would buy readings offered on Ebay again from readers I've used before and who panned out well.