Without A Trace on CBS

Pook

If anyone is interested, there is at this very moment, an episode of the television show "Without a Trace" on that features a missing girl who was last seen doing a tarot reading for herself. And guess what the last card she drew was......You'll never guess.......Oh all right, you did guess....
OOOO....DEATH!!

Its on right now on CBS.....

Asenath

I'm watching it now. She pulled 3 cards for hereself, then they showed her doing a (3 card) reading for that lady.

Is that a real deck or one made for the show?

blackroseivy

Seen this one - but was at the computer & missed the scene, ugh!

levannah60

I caught the end of it where this woman asks, "so would you like a reading?" And I was like 'What? Wait!" And then was that.

brenmck

Wasn't the card she drew before Death the Emperor? I was waiting to see how that would tie in with the story, but didn't never made a connection.
Unless it signified her father, who was the head of their "clan?"

Just the fact that Samantha went back for a reading was kind of a victory for the "other side," no?

~B~

Pook

Ok...all over.

I liked the part where she was doing a reading for the old woman and drew a knight at the end (although admittedly I missed which knight) and said that she had made a mistake about trusting the man that the knight was referring to because he still had to prove himself. I think of knights this way sometimes, although more often its the pages. Still, a decent interpretation for a tv show.

And at the end, the blonde girl that got asked if she wanted a reading had been in the store before and resisted the reading or any information that the other woman offered, so accepting the reading was a big deal i think. Kinda like when people dont understand tarot and disregard it as petty or something and then experience first-hand what tarot can actually do for you.

Pook

brenmck said:
Wasn't the card she drew before Death the Emperor? I was waiting to see how that would tie in with the story, but didn't never made a connection.
Unless it signified her father, who was the head of their "clan?"

Just the fact that Samantha went back for a reading was kind of a victory for the "other side," no?

~B~
Ooooh, I couldnt figure what the Emporer would mean either, but you're right. It had to be her father.
The Emporer before death would tell her to go to her Father for comfort before her disease took hold of her.
Thanks. Maybe I shoulda hvae paid more attention to the show I was trying to tell everyone about instead of trying to multi-task.

Asenath

Pook said:
Ooooh, I couldnt figure what the Emporer would mean either, but you're right. It had to be her father.
The Emporer before death would tell her to go to her Father for comfort before her disease took hold of her.
Thanks. Maybe I shoulda hvae paid more attention to the show I was trying to tell everyone about instead of trying to multi-task.

OK. After they got her out of the truck and the detective told her he told her father about the illness I stopped watching.

I think the first reading showed the 7<?> of pents, the Emperor, and then Death. Her colleague asked her if she was going to be OK, cause she was going home for the night and she turned the Emperor over. Then the she drew the Death card after the lady left. Could those cards have also related to the idea that she was going to be kidnapped by dad because of the money?

The pents card (whatever it was) I believe was the first card in the old lady's reading. The Knight was either Wands or Swords, but I was too busy trying to look at the picture to hear which one she said it was.

Grizabella

I wonder if they ever have any knowledge of tarot at all when they write the screenplays. It sure seems like it would be helpful if they researched it before writing it in. Maybe these days they do, since tarot is becoming more accepted.

I find this post interesting, even though I didn't watch the show. Wouldn't it be nice to see a reading on TV or in the movies that didn't rely on the death card so much?

catlin

I have started a thread some time ago on just this topic. I think we agreed that it was a deck (or at least cards) just made up for this screenplay.