Talking to Your Tarot

Unknownspirit

I was just wondering if a lot of other people talk to their tarot decks. I do it all the time.

It helps me focus on the question while I'm shuffling, when I'm not talking about it my mind tends to drift off to other thoughts. And it helps me develop a relationship with my cards. Like when I'm upset I know that I can turn to them for help.

How does everyone else feel about talking to tarot decks?

Sheri

I talk to mine all the time, including greeting them and thanking them after a reading. :)

a_shikhs

valeria said:
I talk to mine all the time, including greeting them and thanking them after a reading.

I do that too.. I talk to them as if i am talking to a friend.. But only when i am alone. Not when i do readings for people... Or people will think i have lost it completely.. ;)

raheli

oh definately, with my first deck I talked to the characters in the cards ands it never felt whole, with my current deck the whole deck has this singular personality to me, with each card being just things it wants to show me.

I'll go back to my padded room now.

redflash

Oh, its not just me then ! I always ask them for guidance & thank them for it afterwards. It just sort of feels right, natural. xx

Dwaas

It reminds me of all the threads about decks having personalities or not. Highly interesting!
Yes I talk to my decks. I don't ask them in particular to help me and I don't thank them afterwards. It's more like: "well let's see my friend what you have to say today". Or, "now you better come with some nice cards because I could use that". So I only do this when I'm reading for myself of course ;)
Blessings

catlin

I do not talk to my cards in the normal vocal way, it is more like a kind of mind speech or talking from my heart.

Emily

I find that when I'm doing a self reading I tend to speak outloud, not so much as talking to the cards but thinking outloud. But for anyone listening to me, they must think I've gone mad :D

Baroli

Talk to the cards

Not only do I talk to my cards as if they were my children, (taking deck relationship too far, perhaps? I don't think so), but certain decks have become very useful for specific readings. Of course, my cat thinks I am totally off the wall, and lets me know it by laying all over the reading. (Nice kitty, kitty). I see nothing wrong with talking to your cards, afterall, they talk back don't they? I mean they do, don't they? Really they do. LOL.

Baroli52

(As I get back into my padded cell -- hee hee).

Arania

I do talk to the cards, often in a bantering way or just loudly asking for what they are truly trying to say when I am stuck. They also talk, somewhat, if only with impressions. The TOTT, for example, didn't want to be opened by me but by my partner, as weird as that sounds.