Question on Spreads

tabi

I'm sorry if I am in the wrong place but I'm not sure there is really a section for what I want to ask.

I got the Madame Endora deck probably about a week ago. I absolutely love it! It's great and it does seem to have a wicked sense of humor. However the booklet it comes with only offers three spreads. All seem to do okay but not nearly as true to the question being asked. Being new to oracles, I'm not sure if I can use tarot spreads with the same results with an oracle. I was wanting to know:

A) If there was any special spreads for oracles only? (and if there is where do I find them?)

B) Which tarot spreads that tend to work best for oracle decks?

Thank you for the help and again sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

sharpchick

I just love Madame Endora also.

And I asked that question, too, when I got my first oracle deck. The consensus seemed to be that any spread you want to use would be fine. I personally don't use more than five cards with any of my oracle decks.

The oracles seem to me to be better at answering quick and short-term questions, and I guess that's one reason I use the shorter spreads.

You should do as you feel comfortable though - your mileage may vary. ;)

catlin

Hi there,
You can use any spread you like for your oracle cards. Just click in the Spread section and feel free to try out the spreads with your oracle decks.

tabi

Thanks! I appreciate the answers. The Harsh Truth Spread looks absolutely terrifying, so guess what I am off to do?!

gravenimages

I just took a look at the "Harsh Truth" spread and I want to try it. I always have a hard time reading for myself because I tend to interpret the cards to tell myself the things I want to hear--does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Am going to experiment with this and see what comes up (insert evil smile)...
Natalie

redflash

I just got this oracle a short while ago & am also looking for spreads to use with it. I tried the harsh truths one with a tarot deck & boy, the name of it is right ! You really can't kid yourself with this spread, can you?! So yes, I think that would be a great spread to try with Madame Endora.