Playing cards, Tarot or Gypsy Oracles. Does it really make that much difference?

Little Baron

Well, does it?

I did some readings a long while back with the Thoth. The responses were very good. Someone said they were very moved by the reading. Another said it was eerie how I had uncovered areas of their life that nobody else knew about.

Marseille readings have received similar feedback.

A month ago, I read with the Druidcraft and recently got a message on my phone telling me that some of the specific details were 'spot on' - the woman had grown curious after the reading and made some financial enquiries. It turned out that somewhere along the line, far more money had been taken from her account each month. After the enquiry, she managed to get it refunded.

I am currently working with a gypsy oracle (the Russian one) and playing cards, using gypsy methods of reading. Just looking over some feedback from Michmm, she says that a lot that came up was correct and 'spot on'.

Now, of course, the answer could be that I am an absolutely fantastic reader, whatever I use, lol ... but I know it is not that. However, I have read many times that tarot and the like is 'within' us, rather than the cards.

I sometimes think, I will read with this deck because it gives more accurate readings. But with the above examples, I wonder if any deck or form gives any better readings than any others.

Does it really make much difference which we use.

LB

Edited to add: I wrote half of this post and then came back to my desk. While writing the second half, I couldn't quite remember the point of the first ... so forgive me if the thread makes no sense.

thatonegirl

Personally I dont really think it makes that much difference. I believe its all a matter of communication. I compare it to talking to someone through email, and through the telephone. You are still communicating with them, its just a different medium. And if you believe that you can, I think you could read well with just about anything.
Just my opinion
Jocelyn

Sentient

I don't think it makes a lick of difference at all - as long as the tool you use is reasonably rich and representative of the human condition.

Sentient

tarotbear

Does it really make much difference which we use? ~ LB

No - not at all, IMHO. What we see debated here mostly is preference, or a difference in style.

If we had a mythical Querent who came to me for a Tarot reading, you for I Ching, and Kiama for the Celtic Tree Oracle - and asked the same question - there is a big chance of three of us giving her the same answers without knowing what the other has done.

If she were to come to me and ask the question and I pulled out my Tarot, I CHING coins, and the Celtic Tree Oracle from my shelf, I would find them all giving her the same answer, too, within reason.

I would prefer Tarot, as you may guess. :)

If someone were to give me some quick instruction on how to read chicken bones ("the Bones") - I could probably fake my way throguh it - and still come up with the same answer.

So, does it matter if I use my 78 cards, you use your 54 cards, and someone uses only the Majors that glow in the dark? - as long as the answer is the same, why not? ;)

Alta

I also think it does not. Clearly I can do better with systems with which I am familiar (I Ching and Tarot) but I find I can easily adapt. This also gets reflected in my not having strong deck preferences. Mostly, give me any deck and I can read from it.

FaeryGodmother

If you consider that any card deck you use is merely a tool to tap into your own intuition then (as has been said) it doesn't make a lick of difference what you use.
Now, of course, the answer could be that I am an absolutely fantastic reader, whatever I use, lol ... but I know it is not that. However, I have read many times that tarot and the like is 'within' us, rather than the cards.

I think you are selling yourself short. You really are a fantastic reader. :D

Satori

I've been with out an hammer and tried using other things to hammer in a nail. It works eventually, but, with the proper tool, well that nail can't resist me!!!

My own feeling is that there are some great divinatory tools out there.
But one person's floor is anothers ceiling.

If it works for you LB, it is right for you.

What I find is that along the journey some decks are more in line with me and others sort of don't hold the same appeal.

Has the deck changed?
More likely I'm being forged by the fires of experience and sorrow and love and life. I'm the one changing and growing and expanding and allowing for my soul to fill and empty again.

So LB, I think that you are the real tool, the real magic.
It isn't the deck sweet one.
It is you.

(I'm expanding on FGM's theme...thanks for sharing FGM!)