Slick deck hard to handle

StLouisTarot

I got the Radient Rider-Waite and I love it. The only thing is that the cards are so slick its hard to keep a hold of them. I've got them flipping all over the place and not your usual one card popping out. Any ideas on how to make them not so slick?

doreen

annoying isn't it?

Hi,
I too have that deck and in my experience you just have to run them in.ie keep picking them up and shuffling them
Thi way you will get used to them. Doreen

Alta

But, much better than those sticky decks which are really hard to shuffle and fan.

a_shikhs

Hey Cyndi,
I too faced the same problem with my Witches deck.. They were too slippery and difficult to handle.. I was literally on the verge of losing one of the cards.. But then i guess shuffling really helps.. Keep shuffling them and that slickiness will go away... Happy shuffling.. ;)

StLouisTarot

I'm new to tarot and Ive not run across a sticky tarot deck yet. Maybe its a combination of my small hand size , the size of the deck and wax on the deck.

sharpchick

A couple of drops of your favorite essential oil rubbed into your hands, then shuffle. (And I am stressing just a couple of drops - you don't want the cards to stick together.)

firecatpickles

I take the essential oils a step further. Get a tissue dabbed in oils and lightly rub the sides of the deck. It gives the deck a little "grip," and they smell old and broken in.

:TSTRE

StLouisTarot

Thank you, writing all of this down lol.

The sides as in the edges, right?