Stones/Crystals for creativity.

bleuivy

Appologies if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything specifically tarteting this, so I thought I'd start a thread.

I'm about to embark on a rather extensive creative process. I'm starting a novel, submitting poetry to journals and competitions, and probably taking photography and acting classes as well. Mostly this is an attempt to get some creativity back into my life.

I've used stones in the past in times of transition, and this seems like an exciting time of transition and change if ever there was one. I'm looking for something that might help me sustain my creative impulses as well as help get new ones off the ground.

I've never used stones for this before, so....ones I thought of so far include:
- Aventurine (I've used this for vivid dreaming, which seems kind of tied to the creative process)
- Rose Quartz perhaps
- Clear Quartz
- Amathyst
- Moonstone seems like the best match so far, but I think I may be way off.

My favorite stones are lapis and amber, but they don't seem suited to this purpose. Got any suggestions? My thought is maybe to buy one medium-ish stone to use as a pendant, which could also serve as a reminder that I've committed myself to this journey. I could alternately invest in small pebbles of a few different stones to use.

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to all of this!

bleuivy

Hi, floracove.

For some reason, lapis had not occurred to me. It's my favorite stone, so I have plenty of it around. I may try using it for that purpose.

Emerald and obsidian had also not occurred to me.

Thanks for the recommendations!

floracove

Your Welcome!

As I read your question, Lapis Lazuli, stood up to be recognised, in my mind.
But, I did use the search link, to make sure.

I think if you take and cleanse them, then charge them for your purpose, they should work well for you.

Since you have several, maybe make a circle of them, around where your working...

You might want to take that link, and replace the word 'herbs', where 'crystal' is, you may find some other ways to help with your creations.

Here's a good link.

Table Of Correspondences for Spellwork

But, do a search if you'd like more info.

wizzle

As soon as I saw your question Lapis came to my mind along with amethyst. Labradorite is also good if you respond to it. Remember to avoid stones that close you down such as jaspers, agates, etc.

tarotbear

I suppose my next logical question is ~ what are you going to 'do' with the stones?

Meditate on them, hold them, do stone layouts ... :confused:

Alta

Keep them nearby.

Gaby

Opal, Emerald,_Ruby, Aquamarine
Black Opal in amazing!

Acadia

Nepherite and Labradorite are awesome stones to use to encourage creativity. Lapis very good as well.