PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy cards

Azarial
01-03-2006, 05:44
I messed up a couple days ago while I was ovulating. Of course I couldn't resist pulling out the tarot cards. So my question today is, what cards mean pregnancy to you?

~Azarial~

starrystarrynight
01-03-2006, 06:10
Ace of Wands or Cups along with Page and/or Three of Cups and/or the Empress, maybe?

I, too would love to hear if anyone has a definitive combination for suggesting someone is pregnant, as the above seem sometimes to work for me, and other times, not so much. ;)

huredriel
01-03-2006, 06:14
Have had the Ace of Pentacles come up for someone wanting to get pregnant ...... but for actually pregnancy, not sure. Possibly Empress combined with pentacles (Queen, Ace, Page ....... the 9 if they've been trying for a while).

femalegamer
01-03-2006, 06:17
The key might be the particular images of your deck, too.

Of course, I'm not sure I'd whip out the Tarot for something I could answer by visiting the drug store. ;)

Azarial
01-03-2006, 06:23
Oh no Starrystarrynight! I had Page of Cups, Knight of Cups, Ace of Wands, Ten of Cups were some of the cards in the spread. I should be worried! lol Femalegamer (hehe, I'm a female gamer too. We are a rare breed!), I couldn't answer the question if I visited the drug store right now anyway. It only happened a few days ago. I just thought it might be fun. :-)

~Azarial~

huredriel
01-03-2006, 06:25
Of course, I'm not sure I'd whip out the Tarot for something I could answer by visiting the drug store. ;)
LOL very sensible ....... and in fact the very answer I gave someone close to me when they asked me to see if the cards said they were pregnant!!

Knight of Wands
01-03-2006, 06:42
Ace of Cups, 3 of Cups, The Empress, Page of Cups, The Sun...

Rogan
01-03-2006, 07:04
Ive predicted pregnancy only once before... And it was a complete surprise to us because she wasn't expecting to fall pregnant (it's been difficult for her in the past and she practically gave up)

In her spread, it was The Empress, The Sun and The Tower which convinced me.

Rogan.

Dean
01-03-2006, 07:10
Well i usually get the 10 of Disks come up for someone asking if they are expecting a baby, this card usaually comes up for family inheritances or gifts, the 10 of Disks to me represents the family as do the 10 of cups, and i have had this card come up rather alot for pregnancy recently.

thinbuddha
01-03-2006, 09:26
Only partially klidding- fresh beginings- life from (almost) nothing.

bladeraven
01-03-2006, 10:06
LOL very sensible ....... and in fact the very answer I gave someone close to me when they asked me to see if the cards said they were pregnant!!

*point finger at huredriel and clears throat* LOL

Psychebleu
04-03-2006, 02:38
edited

lilpeanut
05-03-2006, 05:38
I almost always have gotten 7 of pentacles, which means slow growth and pregnacy. Temperance too.

Little Baron
05-03-2006, 06:38
Ive predicted pregnancy only once before... And it was a complete surprise to us because she wasn't expecting to fall pregnant (it's been difficult for her in the past and she practically gave up)

In her spread, it was The Empress, The Sun and The Tower which convinced me.

Rogan.

Interesting Rogan. I suppose that the Tower could also be present for an unwanted pregnancy, given the negative side of it's unexpected news.

LB

Tk2dsky
05-03-2006, 07:52
Before I knew about my 1st pregnancy, the reader pulled The Empress in reverse. We were both baffled about what it could mean....basically it was saying you are pregnant, but you don't know it yet.

Little Baron
05-03-2006, 07:57
What is the historic meaning of the Empress?

Is the 'mother/pregnancy' thing something that developed with the RWS?

I was always under the impression that the mother of the tarot was 'La Papesse' (High Priestess). The father being 'Le Pape'/Hierophant.

We always think of the Empress with this continual and lifelong pregnancy. There has got to be more to her than being a baby-machine.

I would like to learn more, since I find the references to being a mother a little limiting after a while.

For example, I do not see pregnancy in the Marseille or Thoth. There are many Empresses that look more like warriors than baby-bearers. Of course, a person can be more than one thing but the 'mother' seems to be the most widely used connection to the card; pregnancy being a very close link.

Mods, feel welcome to split this thread if it needs to be.

LB

calligirl
05-03-2006, 11:13
At first glance, I thought having the Tower represent pregnancy would mean a miscarriage or something. Then I happened to think about the brand new parents, especially the ones that just know that they'll NEVER behave that way when they have kids! Oh, how that song changes!

On second thought, I think the Tower is the perfect card for pregnancy!

shaveling
06-03-2006, 01:03
For example, I do not see pregnancy in the Marseille or Thoth. There are many Empresses that look more like warriors than baby-bearers. Of course, a person can be more than one thing but the 'mother' seems to be the most widely used connection to the card; pregnancy being a very close link.
I've read, and tend to agree, that the Marseilles Queen of Swords often looks like she herself is pregnant: that large belly, and her hand seeming to embrace and guard it. I don't know if people ever read that card as indicating pregnancy, though.

I know there are professional readers who don't do pregnancy readings. Are there any who keep a drugstore pregnancy test in their bag and answer these questions with, "Honey, you shouldn't be asking the cards this. For another twenty dollars, you can have this kit and check for yourself." ? I think I'd be awfully tempted to go that way. But pulling a card for yourself or a friend seems like a different thing.

powdermonkey
06-03-2006, 01:10
I've been told a lot of aces in one spread, or recurring aces over a few spreads can mean pregnancy.

souljourney
06-03-2006, 01:15
Never had the change to predit pregnancy, but I'd certainly think the Empress, along with some other cards mentioned here.
If I was using my Fey deck and saw the Empress with the Queen of Wands that would convince me.

arachnophobia
06-03-2006, 06:02
Definitely Ace of Cups (successfully predicted pregnancy in my own case, before test!), or possibly Ace of Wands; 9 of Pentacles also a strong contender, imho, generally representing physical health and well-being in general, but in both my own Tarot and the Voodoo Tarot, also associated with mothers and unborn babies in particular! (Can also raise issues of grief around miscarriages) ;-P

7 of Pentacles I would relate to a completely unrelated side-issue, i.e. whether or not to get married, get seriously committed... which may or may not accompany pregnancy, these days ;-))

Lady Orchard
06-03-2006, 07:31
A little while ago there was an outside chance I could have been pregnant (which I was a little worried about as not ready right now.)
It was too early for a test so just for fun, I dealt a couple of cards to see what they said.....
I got Temperance and the Moon.
It may not be a textbook interpretation but I looked at them, and felt they were saying - be patient - and just wait for your monthly cycle to come round!
So I did, and it was all good :-)

serenaserendipity
06-03-2006, 13:15
page of cups can DEFINITELY signal birth of a child
it could possibly mean conception too

ace of wands means phallic power

so eek! maybe!

but the empress is really the most fertile card...

how did you phrase your question, and what kind of deck do you have?

sincerely,
serendipity

Julien
06-03-2006, 15:15
I've only seen pregnancy once -- and the funny part of it was that the woman was not yet married -- I saw her husband, too, in the King of Cups... They got married after she found out she was pregnant... I don't remember precisely all the cards, but I do remember seeing (Druidcraft): The Lady and the 6 of Cups -- which, in the Druidcraft has a young man (possibly a father) looking out at two children playing... Yes, I know, the 6 is so often about past memories (someone remembering his childhood, for example), but in this case it was about reciprocal love and memories in the making (ahem). :)

Julien

raventepes
07-03-2006, 06:18
If I remember right, there was a thread on The Tower being a card that indicates pregnancy a while back ago. Personally, I feel that the Tower is a good representation for pregnancy because it tells of drastic life changes.

obsidian_queen
09-03-2006, 04:25
a few combos came up for me repeatedly before I even thought to take a pregnancy test..

Either the Queen of Cups/ Empress would show up with:
The Sun/ Ace of Swords/Ace of Wands/Page of Cups/ Swords at any given time.
And once, Death.

The Queen of cups is the card that harassed me the most though..and then I found out I was pregnant with my son. Wasn't a planned pregnancy so the Ace of Swords rather than the Ace of Cups showed up for me...I guess the Sun was just being literal ( my son) as were the two pages that alternately came up. No matter what though, those two mother cards were pretty much a common denominator - I always noticed at least one of them in a spread.