Self-Bending Cards?

MareSaturni

I'm having a problem...my LS Pagan Tarot cards are...bending. Very slowly, they seem to geeting an "u" shape instead of being flat, just like cards are supposed to be.

I don't understand why...the drawers in which i keep my decks are clean and none of the other decks seem to have this problem. I'll check again, anyway.

Does anyone has ANY idea why is this happening...the deck is new, i got it for Christmas. The bending doesn't disturb the reading, but it's strange and has no reason to happen.

I keep the deck in it's original box.

Thanks in advance!

~Yuko

starrystarrynight

How are you shuffling them?

~~~~~~~~~~

Oops, duh, I just reread and saw you called them selfbending cards! I would, then, have to agree with the others below--either humidity or manufacturing process malfunctions.

Did you try taking them into the shower room with you? (Not into the actual shower, but nearby so the steam might flatten them out again? Just a suggestion...I never tried it, so I couldn't say for sure whether it would work or even injure the cards...)

Alta

I would have to guess the deck is flawed in construction. Apparently as it ages and dries the two sides are contracting at different rates. You may wish to contact the publsiher.

Apollonia

My Universal Waite tends to sort of warp. Sometimes it gets a curvature to it, and then it will spontaneously flatten out again. I think it has to do with humidity, as it seems to vary by time of year.

MareSaturni

Marion said:
I would have to guess the deck is flawed in construction. Apparently as it ages and dries the two sides are contracting at different rates. You may wish to contact the publsiher.

How can i contact them? The deck is from Lo Scarabeo...i don't know what they could do about it =/

Humidity is a difficult possibility, or else the others decks would have been damaged too. But i'll loo further, you never know ;)

Thanks for all the ideas.

~Yuko

Elven

I have this too miss yuko :)
I have a banana deck of the DaVinci Enigma :D and I too, look after my cards sometimes better than myself - but this poor deck - its curling up and Im sure will roll over and die soon :eek:
(OK I exagerate LOL!! but they have a really bad self-bending thang happening!)

Blessings
Elven x

Rogan

I never had a problem with my trusy Rider-Waite until I started keeping it in it's velvet bag... Now they're slowly, slowly bending long ways... They lie flat when I deal them, but when they sit as a deck they have that slight "banana look" to them...

What to do, what to do...

Apollonia

Maybe it is the bag--I keep my others decks in cotton, but the only one that warps is kept in leather. Hmmm.

OakDragon

Some types of cards will bend over time if significantly more ink is used in printing one side than the other. (Learned this from trading card games. "Foil" cards bend after awhile.)