Ways That Help Me

wabba59

Hi ev1. I found an easy way to learn the meanings of the cards. Being only new, what i have done is printed each card, 3 to a page, with the key words and meanings to them. I know it helps me alot as theres no need to get on the pc to check the meanings out. I have them at arms length whenever i need them or to check up if im right with the meanings. Hope this might help a newbie, like myself, who was always checking on the pc. Anyone ever done things like this??

gollog

I can very well see that that would work well. I don't use the pc a lot for meanings. I have a book from Hajo Banzaf who's meanings I find very usefull. I add my own meanings next to his if I find some new ones. That way I have them all handy, easy to find the meanings for a card.

Alta

Sounds very helpful wabba. Learning keywords is a quick easy way to build confidence and stop relying completely on the books.

Emily

Hi Wabba,

With the printed sheets and keywords attached, you could also move on from 'book' meanings - look at the deck you are using and then see what that particular card means to you -then add onto the keywords with your own interpretations. It does help to learn the traditional meanings for the deck you are using but its easy to move on and add your own.

I'm a big lover of keyword systems and even though I'm learning to read intuitively, I still use keywords when I make notes. :)