Doubting

MizuBunny

Hello, everyone n_n!

Did you ever have those moments where you are just starting to experiment or even try tarot and you doubt your own ability... or the idea that you could collect advice from a spread of cards? I remember those days (They weren't that long ago haha). I just can't ignore the clarity on whatever matter I am focused on when I consult the cards. How many of you were ever really disapointed when the results of your consultation were false?
-Mizu Bunny

Sophie

Hello MizuBunny, and welcome to Aeclectic!

I no longer doubt that the cards can give me good advice, tell me what might be preparing itself for the future, empower my decision-making, teach me about myself and the world I live in and connect me with divine energy. But I still - after nearly ten years - occasionally doubt my ability to understand it. I just work through that doubt. It passes. Don't worry - keep experimenting and learning - you'll be fine. Tarot is a gift and there is no reason why you might not enjoy it :)

MizuBunny

n_n

Thanks, Helvetica.

I have probably been practicing tarot for 2-3 years now and I do get those doubting feelings when it comes to explaining the meanings. Ahhh the emotions of a human =).
-Bunny

memries

I cannot say my early readings were false. I could say that through my lack of knowledge or expression that some readings were not as complete as they could have been.
To me each card is like a person and you have to get to know them. It is like you are at a party with 78 people and you don't know one. That is daunting but after a while you get to be familiar with each person on a superficial level. It is like you make every one your best friend and know all their ins and outs and complexes (lol). The party scene is ever changing and different characters are getting mixed up in different settings with each other and you are the observer and trying to figure your friends out !!!!! Lol..this makes me laugh but true anyway.

catlin

Some weeks ago I did a spread on my job situation with the Mystisches Lenormand and when it told me that very thing will be all rosey, I was pretty stunned because the current situation is not all roses.

The Mystisches Lenormand was pretty new and I was in the "breaking process" with this deck, so maybe the reading turned out differently.

starrystarrynight

memries said:
It is like you are at a party with 78 people and you don't know one. That is daunting but after a while you get to be familiar with each person on a superficial level. It is like you make every one your best friend and know all their ins and outs and complexes (lol). The party scene is ever changing and different characters are getting mixed up in different settings with each other and you are the observer and trying to figure your friends out !!!!!

What a great analogy--especially the part about the party scene being ever-changing with different characters getting mixed up in different settings!

MizuBunny

hehehe

I agree, Memries. You put that in a very sensical form. It is pretty funny though. Can you imagine a bunch of cards having a party and each one has the qualities the card holds? That'd be...a bit scary. XD Thanks for your input everyone. =)
-Bunny

SunChariot

MizuBunny said:
Hello, everyone n_n!

Did you ever have those moments where you are just starting to experiment or even try tarot and you doubt your own ability... or the idea that you could collect advice from a spread of cards? I remember those days (They weren't that long ago haha). I just can't ignore the clarity on whatever matter I am focused on when I consult the cards. How many of you were ever really disapointed when the results of your consultation were false?
-Mizu Bunny
I would be willing to bet that we have all had times where we doubted our abilities and/or that Tarot can work, especially in the beginning. It is something very miraculous and we don't seem to have brought up to believe in everyday miracles in our society, much less that we can create them.

To me, the cure for doubting the cards can give you the right answer is just to keep on doing readings. Sooner or later you will reach the point where you have seen so many amazing things happen that you won't be able to doubt anymore.

If you mean have I ever been dispointed when the results of a reading someone did for me were false, no not really. Each reading teaches us something. There have been readings where I had to stop and decifer the imagery the reader gave me, but it always taught me something afterwards.

If you meant have I ever been disappointed when the readings I did for someone else were false...it only happened to me once. It was in one of those reading exchanges where we were told the question, did the reading and only found out who the reading was for afterwards: everything came out backwards. I said I saw them as a very brave person, they said they were nervous of everthing, and on and on and on... I was quite saddened that I missed everything so badly, but I chalked it up to the method not working for me. I need to know who I am reading for first. That was the only time it happened, although I have only done about 20 readings for others. I spend the first year and a half reading only for myself.

What memries said:

memries said:
I cannot say my early readings were false. I could say that through my lack of knowledge or expression that some readings were not as complete as they could have been."

Of course, like any other skill, the more you practise the more you improve. I also had readings in the beginning that I thought were false and when I looked back at them 3 months or so later, they were very true.

Bar

poivre

When doubt comes through the door, turn it around,
and do it your way.

Usually our first reponse is what we need to expand our
thoughts and intuition. I still have doubts somedays.

Doubt causes an obstacle or crossroad in
our path of learning. Doubt takes up time
and causes us to loose confidence. When doubt is
a truth, you will know it with your intuition.
You will feel when something is not just right.

:)

MizuBunny

Yes

" It is something very miraculous and we don't seem to have brought up to believe in everyday miracles in our society, much less that we can create them."

You are so very correct. People are so used to believing that what they do is so mundane that everything becomes simple. The magic is taken out of things. So when new things come along it seems almost too good to be true, as though people can't do special things. tarot reading is just one of those things. Don't knock it until you try it. =D