velvet moon tarot bags

northsea

I've been browsing Velvet Moon website

http://www.velvetbags.com

and am wondering if anyone has ordered their bags, and if so, are they a good size for standard-size tarot decks?

doreen

Natural fabric

Hi Northseacitizen,
Just took a look at the velvet bags on the website, pretty though they are, I just thiught I would give you my opinion on tarot bags.

I always believe you keep your cards in a bag made from Natural material eg silk, cotton etc or wrapped in a silk scarf or piece of material and placed in a wooden box. The velvet bags had rayon in the material and so far as I am aware that is a man made fiber. That's just my opinion and I am sure everyone has their own way of storing their cards.
Doreen

Tauriosiris

Hi. Never ordered from the site myself, but the medium bags (6" x 9") seem fairly roomy in the photos. The small bags (5" x 6") however may be a bit tight for a standard deck. However, Holisticshop.co.uk sells silk bags of 5.5" x 8" which I have ordered and fit both my Archeon and Radiant Waite well. If I were ordering from this site, it'd be the medium I'd go for :) You might even be able to fit a spread cloth inside the bag too!

northsea

hey Doreen of the emerald isle, thanks for your response, good point about natural fibers, but where else can you get embossed keys?
and Taurisoris, thanks, I'll check out that website, too. On VelvetMoon, I'm hoping the small 5x6 would be big enough so I could buy a few of them for not too much money. Being able to fit a spreadcloth inside would sure be nice though.

Tauriosiris

The 5x6 could probably be big enough, try buying one and seeing, and then buy more if they're suitable? :)

northsea

I noticed they have satin lining for their large bags, pity not for their small bags as well.

Good idea, Tauriosoris. :)

raventepes

I try to keep most of my decks in either their original cases or in hemp pouches. I do however keep my Druidcraft tarot in a piece of my old alter-cloth made from finely woven cotton.