PDA

View Full Version : Oracle decks-how do YOU use them?

redflash
06-03-2006, 02:41
Just wondering about oracle decks & tarot spreads- do they go together? Or do they not blend well? For example, gypsy witch cards & something like the CC? So far I have only got the gypsy witch deck, all my other decks are tarot, so I'm not 100% sure what I can do with them, but they are just soooo cute I had to have them ! I'm waiting for the magic mirror oracle deck to arrive, it looks like so much fun ! lol x

rcb30872
06-03-2006, 12:22
I'm not so sure using oracles with such a large spread, perhaps something that can be a bit smaller, don't see why not!

redflash
06-03-2006, 16:50
Have to admit, I prefer much smaller spreads, they seem to make a lot more sense to me !

Flidais
07-03-2006, 03:09
Many of the oracle decks I own have spreads included with the cards. I find these to be good choices when I am first learning to work with a deck. For example, the Druid Animal Oracle book includes the Triune Spread, Awen Spread, Spread of the Elements, Spirits of the Circle Spread, Hearth Spread, and Arianrhod Spread.

inanna_tarot
07-03-2006, 03:25
Hmm I tend to create spreads on the spot now. If I use the Faeries Oracle I tend to give the positions very silly names, if its Madame Endora I keep the positions a bit vague and mysteries because it could restrict the flow of using the deck (for me, others might like to be more specific).

But I rarely do spreads with more than 8 cards, never as much as 10. Its just too much of info overload, makes my logically brain kick to 'work out the answers' rather than use my intuition.

Sezo
x

catlin
09-03-2006, 01:45
Usually you can use any spread you like be it tarot or oracle deck.

diane drizzy
09-03-2006, 03:05
I like to do a card a day with my Faeries Oracle, to keep me in perspective, otherwise I do a 3 card spread, yesterday, today, tomorrow-morning, noon, night etc.

greenbeans
12-03-2006, 04:23
A daily one card pick for general guidance, then a three-card or stair reading for more specific problems...oracle cards are also good for meditation, I find.

tinkerbell
20-03-2006, 08:47
Sometimes if i have a burning question i want to ask, i'll get loads of my favourite oracle decks out and select one card from each, keeping my question in mind.
i like to set the mood with candles and incense, knowing i won't be disturbed!
i've got some really interesting answers this way, and it's great fun looking for common themes amongst all those different decks!

Generally though, if i'm using tarot, i will ALWAYS have my PSYCARDS alongside-they're fabulous for clarifying things and eerily accurate!
tinkerbell x

gravenimages
24-03-2006, 06:59
Depending on the amount of cards, I would think that you can use any spread--after all, the tarot is, in a way an oracle (overgeneralizaton, I know!) But I like the idea of using multiple decks to do readings--that would bolster the soundess of the reading (and yes, be eerily accurate too!) Natalie

purple_scorp
30-03-2006, 21:59
Actually, I find that just pulling a random number of cards (however many you feel like at the time) works better with an Oracle deck than using a Tarot spread with cards in set positions. Then, just read all of the cards pulled like one big sentence.

with love
purple_scorp

sharpchick
31-03-2006, 00:16
Actually, I find that just pulling a random number of cards (however many you feel like at the time) works better with an Oracle deck than using a Tarot spread with cards in set positions. Then, just read all of the cards pulled like one big sentence.

I usually do the same thing. I also will pull an oracle card as a clarifier for a tarot spread. If I do use a spread, it tends to be in the three to five card size.

tmgrl2
31-03-2006, 01:27
Sometimes I use them for readings instead of Tarot...but not often.

Sometimes at the end of a reading, I pull an oracle card as something for the querent to hold as an image to support the reading done with Tarot.

Depends....

On my mood or the person coming to me.

I just ordered Ocean Oracle...so have a feeling I may use it for full readings at the outset...

terri

PhantomAH
02-04-2006, 12:24
I use my psycards kinda like the tarot and I use tarot spreads with them as well.

Fatima
13-04-2006, 10:50
I am a bit late, but it is quite traditional with Mlle. Lenormard type of cards to do full blast spreads, i.e. all 36 of them.
I love them as they really show the big picture.

F.