Oracle decks-how do YOU use them?

redflash

Just wondering about oracle decks & tarot spreads- do they go together? Or do they not blend well? For example, gypsy witch cards & something like the CC? So far I have only got the gypsy witch deck, all my other decks are tarot, so I'm not 100% sure what I can do with them, but they are just soooo cute I had to have them ! I'm waiting for the magic mirror oracle deck to arrive, it looks like so much fun ! lol x

rcb30872

I'm not so sure using oracles with such a large spread, perhaps something that can be a bit smaller, don't see why not!

redflash

Have to admit, I prefer much smaller spreads, they seem to make a lot more sense to me !

Flidais

Many of the oracle decks I own have spreads included with the cards. I find these to be good choices when I am first learning to work with a deck. For example, the Druid Animal Oracle book includes the Triune Spread, Awen Spread, Spread of the Elements, Spirits of the Circle Spread, Hearth Spread, and Arianrhod Spread.

inanna_tarot

Hmm I tend to create spreads on the spot now. If I use the Faeries Oracle I tend to give the positions very silly names, if its Madame Endora I keep the positions a bit vague and mysteries because it could restrict the flow of using the deck (for me, others might like to be more specific).

But I rarely do spreads with more than 8 cards, never as much as 10. Its just too much of info overload, makes my logically brain kick to 'work out the answers' rather than use my intuition.

Sezo
x

catlin

Usually you can use any spread you like be it tarot or oracle deck.

diane drizzy

I like to do a card a day with my Faeries Oracle, to keep me in perspective, otherwise I do a 3 card spread, yesterday, today, tomorrow-morning, noon, night etc.

greenbeans

A daily one card pick for general guidance, then a three-card or stair reading for more specific problems...oracle cards are also good for meditation, I find.

tinkerbell

using oracles............

Sometimes if i have a burning question i want to ask, i'll get loads of my favourite oracle decks out and select one card from each, keeping my question in mind.
i like to set the mood with candles and incense, knowing i won't be disturbed!
i've got some really interesting answers this way, and it's great fun looking for common themes amongst all those different decks!

Generally though, if i'm using tarot, i will ALWAYS have my PSYCARDS alongside-they're fabulous for clarifying things and eerily accurate!
tinkerbell x

gravenimages

Depending on the amount of cards, I would think that you can use any spread--after all, the tarot is, in a way an oracle (overgeneralizaton, I know!) But I like the idea of using multiple decks to do readings--that would bolster the soundess of the reading (and yes, be eerily accurate too!) Natalie