PDA

View Full Version : Dream help please

FaeryGodmother
06-03-2006, 12:05
I dreamt the other night I was pulling hair out of my throat- like I had gotten a hair in my mouth and tried to pull it out and more and more just kept coming. It wasn't an uncomfortable feeling, I was just glad it was coming out. Any ideas because I'm totally stuck...

tink27
06-03-2006, 13:05
Hmm I'll take a swing at this and see what others that follow have to say.

Hair represents your personal power and the Throat 5th chakra your Will. Has something been blocking it, perhaps feelings you can't express.

Have you been holding something back that has become an effort a burden? Is there something you need to get rid of that you have been accumulating?

Do you have a secret of some sort you need to express or cough up?

Sorry for all the question, hopefully one of them triggers an emotion or idea for you.

tink

sapienza
07-03-2006, 12:30
I agree, the throat chakra is definitely about expression and the dream indicates a blockage. What does hair represent to you personally? A good sign is that you were able to clear it or at least start the process of clearing.

Dark Inquisitor
07-03-2006, 13:04
Omg , FG- all I can think of is cats and hairballs !!! :confused: Sorry.. hope you figure it out .

FaeryGodmother
07-03-2006, 14:14
LOL, DI, I thought the same thing when I woke up! But as i don't actually have a cat i don't think it was a sympathy dream. :D

Thank you sapienza and tink, you've given me more to work on than I orignially had and what you say makes sense.

As for what hair means to me personally, I love my long hair, but I hate how much of it I have to unclog from my shower drain, :D. I'm not sure what the real answer is, so I'll have a good think about it.

memries
07-03-2006, 18:05
When I have those kind of dreams it means I am just plain sick with whatever. A sore throat after or a cold. Something is going on in that area of your body

sapienza
07-03-2006, 19:16
OK, so you love your long hair but hate the mess it makes in the drain. Interesting that in both the drain situation and the dream you need to pull the hair out. But maybe its to do with self expression but there is something about a thing you love but that causes you trouble.

The possible meanings are endless aren't they, but you'll work it out. Good luck

psychic sue
07-03-2006, 21:04
I think this relates to the throat chakra - there is something you want or need to say but you feel you can't do so at the moment. That's my first impression anyway, without reading other people's thoughts.

Sue x

FaeryGodmother
10-03-2006, 07:01
I dreamt about pulling hair out of my throat again last night but this time I felt (in the dream) that I knew what it was about. Probably because of your replies to this question. In the dream i knew i had to "clear my throat" in order to say something clearly. The strange thing is that i don't really feel as if I have anything that needs to be said...

Also I just found out that apparently theres an "inferior conjunction" this weekend of the Sun, Mercury and Earth (where the 3 line up). Its supposed to mean clear communications. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Though I wonder what it is that i'm not able to say.

Thanks for the answers. :)

love
Faery

sapienza
10-03-2006, 12:48
Wow, when the dream is recurring then you definitely need to listen to the message. As far as wondering what you have to say, it might not necessarily be something you have to 'say'. The throat chakra does represent speech but also expression in general. Are there emotions you are holding in? Are you a creative person? If so, have you done much to express this lately, or have you been too busy? Is what you do in life, eg your job, something you enjoy, does is let you be your 'true self' or do you need to 'hold back' a part of yourself? Do you feel stifled, trapped, frustrated in any area? These are just all examples and may be meaningless for you but maybe they might trigger something for you.

SunChariot
12-03-2006, 14:31
I dreamt the other night I was pulling hair out of my throat- like I had gotten a hair in my mouth and tried to pull it out and more and more just kept coming. It wasn't an uncomfortable feeling, I was just glad it was coming out. Any ideas because I'm totally stuck...

Well, my suggestions of what it might mean to me if I had that dream (I think you are the only one who can know what symbols mean to you) are:.....first there was a lot of hair. Hair to me always reminds me of strength. As in the Samson and Delilah story, when he lost his hair he got weak. As there was a lot of hair there, that to me would have something to do with strength. As it was in your throat, it could have something to do with an area where your voice would be a strength for you....i.e singing, broadcasting...

Hair is supposed to be on the outside of the body, not the inside....thus indicating something unusual and not found where it is expected to be found. Something unexpected. The way you kept pulling out more and more....and more just kept coming reminds me of those magician hankerchiefs they have that do that, where you can pull on them forever till you get to the end of them. Thus there could be some connection to magic there.

Your being glad all the hair was coming out...seemed clensing, getting out something you wanted to for a long time.

So put all together one interpretation, perhaps its telling you you need to have a talk with someone about something your dream/unconscious considers important. If you have been avoiding it now is the time. You'll feel better and stronger inside afterwards. The stress from holding it in will be cleared. Getting it out will be magically healing.

Or not knowing your life....if you had been condering a career using your voice, now might the the time,

Or perhaps just that listening to music might be healing and make you feel stronger right now(well that's a bit of a stretch)....or more likely singing (even in the shower)

Well those are my ideas...

Babs

SunChariot
12-03-2006, 14:36
Wow, when the dream is recurring then you definitely need to listen to the message. .

Definitely agreed, your having it twice doubles its importance.

One more suggestion, you could do a reading to ask what it means, what you are meant to learn and what you are meant to do with that knowledge. That always works for me.:grin:

Bar