knee pains

diane drizzy

Have chronic joint pain-any chrystals etc.that can be suggested to help would be appreciated...
Will later get on my knees and thank you.

P.S. Marion and all- what a lovely forum-I seldom visit here.

tarotbear

What are you taking/doing so far?

Since I don't like to 'go medical' - are your pains muscular or joint? (or both?)

Have you been examined to find the cause? Arthritis? Bursitis?

Are you allergic to salicalytes? (aspirin or plant dirivatives?)

Walk into any GNC, large drugstore chain- such as Walgreen's or your local whatever superstore and you will find many over-the-counter 'joint support' mixtures or combinations. Almost any one of them can work for you. One bottle (a month's worth) can cost you about $1.25 a day - but if it brings you relief go ahead and use them.

My knees started 'going' whan I was in my 30s and I did not want to be on anything chemical for the rest of my life (look at those poor Vioxx poeple who can't take it anymore even if it worked for them...). It was a matter of trying various combinations of things until I found one that helped - not cured - the problem ... I have no cartilage left in my knees and walk bone-on-bone.

Talk to a person with knowledge before you start taking cat's claw, devil's claw, angelica, or other plant dirivatives.

diane drizzy

Hi tarotbear!
Right now taking Aspirin, Tiger Balm and a course of Prednisone. And will also be starting Glucosamine.
I'm sure it's just aging and joint related, when I'm feeling a little better will start doing some exercises.
I guess I'm just whining because some days they just feel like tooth aches.
Thanks for your advice.

tarotbear

I take MSM/Gluocosamine[GNC] and Cat's Claw. I used devil's claw but found out Cat's Claw 'kicked' it in better for me - at least.

I was once told by a GNC employee - of all people - that Chondroitin was not absorbed by the body easily or at all {molecule was too big}, so I never took the Gluocosamine/Chondroitin blends that are easily available on the market because of that. GNC wants me to switch to Tri-Flex, but I am not until my MSM/Gluco supplies go down.

When I first began I was taking a tincture of Angelica & Devil's Claw (tastes dreadful!) to wash down the 'ARTH' (no longer made - mostly plant salysalates) and in one week I went from limping to walking! I still have a problem bending and kneeling - but I can stand and walk!

Netzach

If the pain is due to arthritis, you might find that a preparation made from the New Zealand green lipped mussel might help (used to be marketed under the names of Seatone or Aquatone - not sure of brand names nowadays). However, you mustn't take it (obviously) if you're allergic to shellfish.

If you want something more than a self help method, however, acupuncture or homoeopathy could be very helpful. I describe the use of acupuncture in the treatment of arthritis in my book "Acupuncture for Everyone" (published by Inner Traditions). (Moderator - am I allowed to mention my book? If not, apologies and please delete that sentence.)

tarotbear

Hey ~ I push my book all the time! LOL!!! {I think it's providing links to sell it that are a no-no.}

diane drizzy

Many thanks all-will let you know what helps!

Baroli

tarotbear said:
I was once told by a GNC employee - of all people - that Chondroitin was nto absorbed by the body easily or at all, so I never took the Gluocosamine/Chondroitin blends that are on the market because of that. GNC wants me to switch to Tri-Flex, but I am not until my supplies go down.

Very true about Chondroitin. I do medical transcription on the side for Rheumatology and some of the stuff the Drs. prescribe well, Vioxx is no longer. Tri-Flex is a good way to go.

Baroli52.