Silly Little_Redfox - naughty

little_redfox

Hiyas guys, i wondered if you could give me a little advice ( always asking for advice - sorry ). I wonder if anyone has been in this situation, probably not, but anyways...
Im going though a particularly rubbish time like i know sometimes we all do, but im getting kinda hooked on the cards, ill do a reading and it'll be good so i wont believe it and do reading after reading til i get cards that are so horrible that makes me feel really depressed ( this is all rather embarressing to admitt :( ). I have so much doubt in everything atm, i dont know whether im on my head or my feet - this is probably the worst time to do a reading for myself. Ive been trying to do a few readings for friends recently to do something positive with the cards and theyve actually been kinda ok/accurate (for a change) which is at least something. I just wanted to ask if anyone else had been in this kinda place and how you climbed out, maybe its just me and im a big smelly freak :p....

Thanks in advance :)

LRF xx

Sienna

Awww Little Red Fox, we've all been there I think.... my advice is just to chill and don't read for yourself for a while... just read for others as you are getting good results :)

Sometimes when we are really worried about something, its hard to trust ourselves and the cards, so hard as it might be, take a break for reading yourself for while.

Sending you *hugs and postive energy*

Sx

Epiphany

Am there; doing that. (get it? been there; done... aw nvm)

wow Redfox, you took the words out of my mouth! I'm at crossroads in so many areas of my life and if my readings say to me that "anything is possible if I work hard and focus"; I want more proof; and if they say "that's not for you" I want to read until it is for me!
The best advice I've been given is as follows...
TAKE YOURSELF SERIOUSLY!!! You ARE smart, you ARE divine, and it is OKAY to want what you want and to feel how you feel.
STOP comparing yourself! There will always be someone who is "better" than you or what have you. The trick is to redefine your idea of "better"
Whenever I feel bad about where I am in life, I try to remember a time in the past when I wished I had as much as I do now. It is never hard to find and always adds perspective.
Finally, (I'm a rambler, I'm sorry!) Be nice to yourself. You are exactly who where, what you are supposed to be right now. This is what must be experienced before you can move on. And if you find yourself just unable to stay away from reading for yourself, be mindful of your mood at the time and how it may influence your shuffle. Meditate first and try to be as detatched from the situation as possible.
Hope something in this, um, novel helps! (Hee-hee!)

MeeWah

little_redfox: Excellent advice thus far.

The self-doubts & repeated reading attempts part of the learning process. That the excessive readings recognized an indication of self-awareness, so please do not bash yourself.

Enthusiasm is a positive quality. Try re-directing it to other activities or another interest. Such as reading for others which would be helpful on two counts:

1. Provides practice in honing the reading skills.
2. Helps others.

raeanne

Hi Little_Redfox,
Perhaps now is the time to learn how to use Tarot cards for other things rather than reading for yourself or others. Tarot can be used for meditation, self improvement, spiritual studies, and a million other things. A lot of people learn more about each card by 'walking into' a card. Pick a card you really like to start with. Look at the card and imagine it getting larger and larger (or you getting smaller and smaller) until you can walk right into the picture. Look around and see what the scenery looks like. If there are people in the card, go talk to them. Be aware of everything your senses can tell you. When you are done, step out of the card and imagine everything going back to normal size. This is a great way to learn more about each card. Be creative and be kind and gentle to yourself as you progress through this more difficult period in your life. Enjoy your journey.

little_redfox

Thankyou for the positive comments, and im glad to know im not alone, i started to feel maybe i should just quit reading the tarot - which made me feel even sadder lol, but you guys have made me feel much better about it.

meewah said:
The self-doubts & repeated reading attempts part of the learning process. That the excessive readings recognized an indication of self-awareness, so please do not bash yourself.

Thats so interesting, i just thought i was being sad and a bit pathetic, but its helped me to see it in a constructive light, so maybe it is just part of my learning path.

But ill try and get outside my own head for a bit, and try to think positively about myself and whats going, using the cards for something good ( meditation, reading for others ) is bound to make me feel better, even if everything arround me is crashing apart true 'Tower' style...

Kindest Regards :)

Eco74

A little tip...

Take one card, just one, for each day.

When you draw the card - ask What Aspect of Yourself you should filter your choices through for the day.

Keep it out in plain sight, or take it out whenever you feel a need to ask the cards about something - and think about what this aspect of yourself would say or do or choose.

Because that is where it all starts.
In ourselves.
Without it the cards will not take on any message or give any advice.
So you see, by doubting the cards and doubting yourself, it only gets worse.

By working with the one card for a day and looking at yourself through the card you might be able to reconnect with yourself again and start trusting what the cards show you.
The cards are but windows to the great conciousness to which our souls are all part...
What brings them to life is our eyes, looking from - and into - ourselves.

redflash

I know how you feel, last year I was in the grip of depression, very unhappy with my life. I thought it had been going on for 2 years, since I had my little boy, but now that I am a lot better I have realised it has been many years since I felt this good. I was doing dozens of spreads a day, my head was in pieces, I always got cards that upset me which made it worse. I put my cards away until the last 2 months. I am SLOWLY studying again, one card a day, journaling it. Get out into the fresh air & walk about taking in nature, look at the land, its barren & desolate at the minute but the new shoots are just under the surface, full of hope & promise waiting to grow. Take your strength from nature. xx

little_redfox

eco74 said:
Take one card, just one, for each day.

When you draw the card - ask What Aspect of Yourself you should filter your choices through for the day.
Another cool idea thanks, i did this today and it was the nine of cups, so i dared myself to wish and hope and made little choices that perhaps i would have normally been too scared to make :p
redflash said:
I was doing dozens of spreads a day, my head was in pieces, I always got cards that upset me which made it worse.
Thanks for sharing Redflash, thats just how ive been feeling recently, im so glad youve managed to over-come it, i hope i can be strong like that too :)

Thanks xx :)

enchanted spirit

I tend to find the cards soothing when I am distressed, but went through a phase there where I'd got a new deck and kept pulling "negative" cards - tho I don't think any of the cards are truly negative, but they felt that way that way at the time to me. I actually ended up buying another deck over it, but have since come to terms with it and realized I was pulling those cards because that's where I was at the time.

You seem to be in a doubting place right now. Just take what the cards/card (I do agree that 1 card draws are a good thing for now, to just give you 1 bit of energy to focus on) at face value? If it is good, take it. :) If it is not, then focus on improving things. Too much of a good thing always turns into a bad thing, and that can apply to Tarot as well. There is always a fine line between use and abuse.

One thing that also occurred to me is that I have my own little superstitious belief that you should not do more than 1 reading on a particular topic for a person (including yourself) in one day. I just think that doing the same reading over and over is just asking to get confused. Now, if I get a card that puzzles me in a reading I might ask for clarification - but generally that's all. I also record the majority of my readings, SO doing 1 reading, recording it, reflecting on it, can take up a lot of my time so I can't OCD out on doing reading after reading! :) AND knowing me under the right circumstances I would.

Good luck, I hope that you get to a more positive place and feel better about your readings soon.