What's the daftest question....

redflash

you have been asked by someone you're reading for?

For example, "what will the winning lotto numbers be" etc

OR........have YOU ever asked something crazy of your cards?

temperlyne

I have to admit it... I once asked for the lottery numbers myself. Not that I could interpret the cards as such ofcouse, nor did I win the lottery... But I just wanted to see what happened.
I suppose the daftest question was one concerning the weather... I mean, how can I interpret any card to predict the weather? Sure in hindsight it is very easy, but for instance the tower could mean anything from thunder to an unexpected sunny breakthrough.
I was once in a train on a very stormy day. While I was shuffling my deck someone ask if I could pull a card to see if the weather was going to clear up. I pulled the four of swords, which at the time I took to meaning the storm would lie down... At the end of the day my interpretation had changed dramatically when the storm did not lie down, but got worse and worse. It got so bad that the train got stuck and we were stranded.. I guess being stranded is an other explanation of the four of swords but I will never do a weather forcast using the tarot again!

psychic sue

I remember once, I had to cancel a reading because I was ill.

I rang the lady and she said "you didnt see that one coming did you?"

LOL!

inanna_tarot

LOL Sue!

I once did a reading to see what I really wanted for dinner one night. I drew a few cards to work out what i felt like eating, and then a card for each option... I think I ended up with chinese takeaway :D

But all my querents questions have been fairly 'normal'.

Sezo
x

Dwaas

Great story Sue! :D

Never tried to predict the wheather but if I had to I would use the Old English Tarot as it is heavily based on farmers issues. And the wheather shows itselves as well on these cards. But anyway, it seems like it is ALWAYS raining or snowing here these days so no need for predicting in short time.. :)

And now to answer the question. I once was desperately looking for my glasses, couldn't find them, they seemed to be disappeared. I even put a note on the fridge for my roommates to inform me if they would have found my glasses. Finally I decided to ask the cards, don't remember the answer exactly, something with a fool. But I DO remember my roommate walking in, looking at me and saying: ah... I read you lost your glasses, glad you found them again. Pointing at me, apparently wearing them already all the time...
Blessings

firemaiden

Well, I wouldn't characterise any question as daft, but some of victims of my spoof readings have come up with more unusual questions than others. Umbrae had me read for his stomach gurgles, and what they were trying to say. Of course it might have seemed a gratuitous question on the surface of it, but anything you look at deeply enough will reveal itself to be very profound...

doreen

Silly questions

I have been asked "what colour is my front door" on numerous occassions.

Doreen.

starrystarrynight

I had someone ask me once after having been convicted of a serious crime and at the time currently awaiting sentencing, just how he could get out of going to jail and make the whole thing go away.

I wanted to tell him to invent a time machine, go back 2 years AND NOT COMMIT THE CRIME IN THE FIRST PLACE!

But he was a criminal, and I tend to value my life...

firemaiden

starrystarrynight said:
I wanted to tell him to invent a time machine, go back 2 years AND NOT COMMIT THE CRIME IN THE FIRST PLACE!

But he was a criminal, and I tend to value my life...

So what did you tell him?

starrystarrynight

I actually did a spread for him trying to find something positive to give him...which I did, and which turned out to be the love of a very good woman and happy family life once (and IF) he gave up his life of crime.

I haven't heard from him since...