quartz getting warm

Lady Orchard

I don't know much about crystals whatsoever; I bought some quartz a week ago and so far it has been sat on my desk. I got it with the intention of keeping it with my cards but felt it wasn't "ready". anyway it has become a lot warmer than it was when I first brought it home, it was pretty cold then. it hasn't been in sunlight at all. It's near my computer so I'm wondering if this is a no-no, perhaps it's absorbing energy from the PC? basically is it a good thing that it's getting warm?

SongDeva

Crystals will get warm (or cold) when they are "working", but if its near your computer chances are that's affecting it...even if its just machine heat. Sit your quartz on a window sill and hold it when you feel the urge to. Many crystals are very happy living on a sunny sill. :)

*There are crystals that will help to combat radiation from machines such as your computer. A little piece of sodalite for example.

Dancing Bear

I have also heard that placing Crystals near electrical goods is no good.
It is to do with the electrical current, apparently it surrounds the object not just goes through it. ( how true this is i wouldnt have the foggiest)
Because Crystals are conductors ( the crystal raidio) The electrical charge is enhanced and attracted to the crystal which stores and conducts making it warm. This is the explanation given to me when a friend of mine was absolutely horrified when she saw a cluster of Amethyst next to my Television.
I have since cleansed it and moved it to the kitchen window. :)

doreen

I do not believe in putting crystal beside computers, t The crystal picks up the negativity from the pc and tries to cleanse itself, with the result it tires itself out and goes into hibernation.
There are lots of crystals eg amethyst, rose quartz etc that will fade if left in the sun for a long period, new crystals need to be awoken, cleansed and programmed before use.
Doreen.

agedog1

MOVE IT AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER!! Quartz will emmit psyezoelectricity (gosh I am sure I spelled that wrong). A long time ago before you were born they used quartz crystal in radio's they were called "crystal radios".

Keep them away from your floppys, CD's and DVD's.

I'm sure you can find many aritcles on the web regarding "Crystal Radio". Radio's with "transistors" replaced them. You might also put "Antique Crystal RAdio" in you browser.

sunflowr

A while back, I absentmindedly placed my cell phone near a quartz crystal cluster. After a time, I swear it helped the reception! I had almost no bars and it went up to about 4 bars!

This was with my old cell phone. I tried it once with my new one, but nothing yet.

So, was this coincidence?

Alta

Wikipedia said:
Piezoelectricity is the ability of certain crystals to generate a voltage in response to applied mechanical stress. The word is derived from the Greek piezein, which means to squeeze or press. The piezoelectric effect is reversible in that piezoelectric crystals, when subjected to an externally applied voltage, can change shape by a small amount. The deformation, about 0.1% of the original dimension in PZT, is of the order of nanometers, but nevertheless finds useful applications such as the production and detection of sound, generation of high voltages, electronic frequency generation, microbalance, and ultrafine focusing of optical assemblies.
In short, quartz crystals will not spontaneously emit Piezoelectricity. They have to be under strong mechanical stress for that to happen.

Just sitting there, quartz will do nothing to anything electronic.

FantasyWorld

Amazonite
Amazonite - This aqua-colored tumbled Amazonite is great for non-verbal expression. Amazonite is a good energy filter, blocking geopathic stress as well as electromagnetic pollution emitted from computers, microwaves, or cell phones. Amazonite soothes aggrivation and emotional trauma, eases irritation, and calms all of the chakras.
Amazonite also assists the user in seeing different sides of the same issue, and balances masculine and femine energy as well as different personality traits. Use tumbled Amazonite on the Heart and Throat Chakras to enhance loving expression, or with the Third Eye Chakra to open intuition. Amazonite can aid in a peaceful transition when it is time to leave this life. A member of the feldspar family, Amazonite is a good stone for Virgo.

ahimsa666

I read that it is good to put the smoky quartz next to your computer or other electrical appliances and they will absorb the "unhealthy" energy they emit.You need to clense them once a month,of course.