labradorite

Lady Orchard

I ordered a few crystals and stones online for me and my mum that arrived today. My favourite is my piece of labradorite. I chose different crystals for different purposes, and this one was to try and help me develop my psychic skills. It's really beautiful, and I was just wondering how others have got on with this stone for this purpose?

penguinsandtigers

i edited my original post, i got the 2 stones mixed up with lepidolite. Sorry

Acadia

Labradorite is a spectacularly powerful stone that I've had an awesome amount of luck with. If you'd like more information on the stone, I can post it later. :)

Lady Orchard

yes please acadia that would be great!

Chronata

I LOVE Labradorite!

I have a lot of little crystals, and they are wonderful for enhancing visions...
I use them to spark creativity (bring inspirational flashes) as well as for intuitive flashes.

I keep the small stones in a bowl on my altar, and occassionally carry one around with me.

Heard they are also good for astral travelling, but as I haven't done any of that (consciously) for awhile...I wouldn't know!

souljourney

This is one of my very favorite stones. I have a necklace with a 1" round piece, plus a pretty large chuck on my bookshelf. I also have a few smaller stones of it. I feel it's really protective, especially in the psychic realm.

My father was in Labrador in Canada and he said there is a mountain of Labradorite there. That would be incredible!!!!

Acadia

Lady Orchard said:
yes please acadia that would be great!

Well, different shapes and colors of Labradorite have different correspondences and meanings, in my experience. I have found that round Labradorite spheres are fantastic for introspection and meditation. Though I have also come to learn that balance is key in using Labradorite, so if you're meditating using Labradorite, make sure you hold one piece in each hand. Otherwise, your meditations might be uneven or "sloppy" (for lack of a better word). Most books will even tell you that Labradorite is perfect for restoring harmony, so if you just make sure that energy is balanced, you'll have wonderful, wonderful experiences.

I've found that pointed Labradorite is fabulous for astral travel, if placed on the ground above your head. It may be really intense and uncomfortable until you get used to the experience, but when you get acclimated to how it feels, you'll really be amazed with the results.

I've also found that certain stones can be really tuned in to certain Chakras, based on the color of the "flash" that the stone. Multi-colored flashes really lend themselves to multiple chakra work and bridging of the chakras. I've found that scrying with Labradorite is awesome! I've also made Rosaries with Labradorite (I make Rosaries using all sorts of gemstones), and the results are spectacular!! :)

According to my books, Labradorite is also spectacular (as is its twin brother Spectrolite) for alleviating bone problems, back problems, and arthritis. Writers often use the stone as a witnessing tool, as a ton of people believe that Labradorite aids in fantasy and creative writing. The chakras it works best with is the navel and secondary chakras of the hands. If you're Aquarius, beware, this stone may be extremely intense! Don't cleanse it with salt water, regular running water is fine, or to recharge/cleanse it, put it in mineral water and in the sun's rays for a few days. It's a moderately strong stone, rating a 6 to 6.5 hardness.

And for those who are bothered by what the difference is between Labradorite and Spectrolite... The answer, as far as the stone goes, is nothing. However, labradorite is mined in Labrador, Spectrolite is Finnish. Spectrolite tends to be slightly more "firey", but the difference is really not that big. :)

psychic sue

OMG I was just about to post a thread on this, and I saw yours! Synchronicity!

I bought a Lab ring the other day - just a small square stone in Gold. I read it's supposed to help with seeing the aura and also strengthening the aura. I didn't know that when I bought it - I just felt drawn to it.

I love the way the irridescent colours suddenly come out of the grey.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Sue x

Lady Orchard

Mine has something funny on it, a completely irridescent section that looks an awful lot like a profile of a face, but with another face looking the other way on the back of it.
The profile to the right is very "human", with a patch of blue at the top as its hair, an eye, nose, mouth and chin.
The face looking the other way on the back of its head is a strange smiling witchy face.
I know we are all naturally programmed to see faces in things, but it is DEFINITELY there! I love it. To me the "human" face looking to the right is my physical, logical side; the other face is my unknown, spiritual side.
You probably will think I'm nuts now!

Gaby

Acadia, I would love to see pics of your rosaries!