PDA

View Full Version : labradorite

Lady Orchard
16-03-2006, 03:52
I ordered a few crystals and stones online for me and my mum that arrived today. My favourite is my piece of labradorite. I chose different crystals for different purposes, and this one was to try and help me develop my psychic skills. It's really beautiful, and I was just wondering how others have got on with this stone for this purpose?

penguinsandtigers
16-03-2006, 13:34
i edited my original post, i got the 2 stones mixed up with lepidolite. Sorry

Acadia
16-03-2006, 21:54
Labradorite is a spectacularly powerful stone that I've had an awesome amount of luck with. If you'd like more information on the stone, I can post it later. :)

Lady Orchard
16-03-2006, 22:38
yes please acadia that would be great!

Chronata
17-03-2006, 02:28
I LOVE Labradorite!

I have a lot of little crystals, and they are wonderful for enhancing visions...
I use them to spark creativity (bring inspirational flashes) as well as for intuitive flashes.

I keep the small stones in a bowl on my altar, and occassionally carry one around with me.

Heard they are also good for astral travelling, but as I haven't done any of that (consciously) for awhile...I wouldn't know!

souljourney
17-03-2006, 14:52
This is one of my very favorite stones. I have a necklace with a 1" round piece, plus a pretty large chuck on my bookshelf. I also have a few smaller stones of it. I feel it's really protective, especially in the psychic realm.

My father was in Labrador in Canada and he said there is a mountain of Labradorite there. That would be incredible!!!!

Acadia
18-03-2006, 00:16
yes please acadia that would be great!

Well, different shapes and colors of Labradorite have different correspondences and meanings, in my experience. I have found that round Labradorite spheres are fantastic for introspection and meditation. Though I have also come to learn that balance is key in using Labradorite, so if you're meditating using Labradorite, make sure you hold one piece in each hand. Otherwise, your meditations might be uneven or "sloppy" (for lack of a better word). Most books will even tell you that Labradorite is perfect for restoring harmony, so if you just make sure that energy is balanced, you'll have wonderful, wonderful experiences.

I've found that pointed Labradorite is fabulous for astral travel, if placed on the ground above your head. It may be really intense and uncomfortable until you get used to the experience, but when you get acclimated to how it feels, you'll really be amazed with the results.

I've also found that certain stones can be really tuned in to certain Chakras, based on the color of the "flash" that the stone. Multi-colored flashes really lend themselves to multiple chakra work and bridging of the chakras. I've found that scrying with Labradorite is awesome! I've also made Rosaries with Labradorite (I make Rosaries using all sorts of gemstones), and the results are spectacular!! :)

According to my books, Labradorite is also spectacular (as is its twin brother Spectrolite) for alleviating bone problems, back problems, and arthritis. Writers often use the stone as a witnessing tool, as a ton of people believe that Labradorite aids in fantasy and creative writing. The chakras it works best with is the navel and secondary chakras of the hands. If you're Aquarius, beware, this stone may be extremely intense! Don't cleanse it with salt water, regular running water is fine, or to recharge/cleanse it, put it in mineral water and in the sun's rays for a few days. It's a moderately strong stone, rating a 6 to 6.5 hardness.

And for those who are bothered by what the difference is between Labradorite and Spectrolite... The answer, as far as the stone goes, is nothing. However, labradorite is mined in Labrador, Spectrolite is Finnish. Spectrolite tends to be slightly more "firey", but the difference is really not that big. :)

psychic sue
18-03-2006, 18:30
OMG I was just about to post a thread on this, and I saw yours! Synchronicity!

I bought a Lab ring the other day - just a small square stone in Gold. I read it's supposed to help with seeing the aura and also strengthening the aura. I didn't know that when I bought it - I just felt drawn to it.

I love the way the irridescent colours suddenly come out of the grey.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Sue x

Lady Orchard
18-03-2006, 19:08
Mine has something funny on it, a completely irridescent section that looks an awful lot like a profile of a face, but with another face looking the other way on the back of it.
The profile to the right is very "human", with a patch of blue at the top as its hair, an eye, nose, mouth and chin.
The face looking the other way on the back of its head is a strange smiling witchy face.
I know we are all naturally programmed to see faces in things, but it is DEFINITELY there! I love it. To me the "human" face looking to the right is my physical, logical side; the other face is my unknown, spiritual side.
You probably will think I'm nuts now!

Gaby
18-03-2006, 21:09
Acadia, I would love to see pics of your rosaries!

Acadia
18-03-2006, 21:56
I shall PM you later, but I will post a link to the Labradorite Rosary when he is listed so that you can see what I'm talking about when I mention using Labradorite in a balanced way to help achieve personal harmony. :)

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9500391786&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

You can see that everything is perfectly balanced, to help gain harmony. This kind of balance is important when working with Labradorite, which is why you have to make sure that if you're holding a piece, hold one in each hand, or hold it perfectly center of yourself. :)

psychic sue
22-03-2006, 20:49
I had to take my Labradorite off. I wore it for three days and I was so sensitive it was silly. I literally felt everyone's emotions. I was laughing one minute and crying the next. About 2 hours after I took it off I began to feel ok again. I must be sensitive to the stone.

I am reserving it for spirit contact only now.

Acadia
23-03-2006, 00:05
Try tempering it with Quartz Crystal... That may help you out... :)

agedog1
23-03-2006, 00:17
Very nice stone. I've made many a chocker, necklace, ring and bracelet with it. Not overly expensive and it's rainbow of colors is nice. Place it with Quartz Crystal to strength it's properties.

Acadia Sorry dear I didn't see your post!

Warning: Don't use it with Quartz crystals as that will Strength it's properties

floracove
23-03-2006, 02:38
I received a labradorite stone in a trade.
It's beautiful!
I'm not sure what the make of the stone is though.

It's like a small mortar in a way.
It's aprox. 5 inches long, with a rounded larger end, and then tapers down to a point on the other end.

Any ideas?

Lady Orchard
23-03-2006, 03:47
Warning: Don't use it with Quartz crystals as that will Strength it's properties

lol, I put mine with my quartz for that very reason!

SongDeva
28-03-2006, 02:58
I received a labradorite stone in a trade.
It's beautiful!
I'm not sure what the make of the stone is though.

It's like a small mortar in a way.
It's aprox. 5 inches long, with a rounded larger end, and then tapers down to a point on the other end.

Any ideas?

It's a wand!

Leleii
28-03-2006, 04:08
It is a lepidolite massage wand--it is purplish/pink with quartz crystals in it.
The little wand with points on both ends is the labradorite, it is dull gray in color but flashes blue when turned in the light.
I am sorry, I should have put labels on the wands when I send them to you.
I am glad that they came to you in one piece. Enjoy
Bright Blessings

redflash
14-04-2006, 16:04
I had to take my Labradorite off. I wore it for three days and I was so sensitive it was silly. I literally felt everyone's emotions. I was laughing one minute and crying the next. About 2 hours after I took it off I began to feel ok again. I must be sensitive to the stone.

I am reserving it for spirit contact only now.

That's very interesting, I bought a lab ring a few days ago, after I had worn it for a couple of hours I started feeling quite down. I started feeling better shortly after taking it off. I haven't had it on since then. I don't do crystal work now, things got a bit intense with them last year. I only bought it because it was so unusual.

Firephoenix
15-04-2006, 04:50
I read with interest that most of you are so in-tune with your crystals that I feel really jealous :(. Sigh, wish I am just in-tune as well.

Still going on with your method Acadia and still waiting for the stones to speak to me ;)

redflash
15-04-2006, 06:34
I read with interest that most of you are so in-tune with your crystals that I feel really jealous :(. Sigh, wish I am just in-tune as well.

Still going on with your method Acadia and still waiting for the stones to speak to me ;)

I don't work with crystals anymore, but most of them I got nothing from, only the strong stuff, like herkimer diamonds or moldavite. And I know now that beginners shouldn't start on such powerful stones, they didn't do me any good in the end. xx

floracove
15-04-2006, 22:58
It is a lepidolite massage wand--it is purplish/pink with quartz crystals in it.
The little wand with points on both ends is the labradorite, it is dull gray in color but flashes blue when turned in the light.
I am sorry, I should have put labels on the wands when I send them to you.
I am glad that they came to you in one piece. Enjoy
Bright Blessings
Aww, so I'm getting the names mixed up.
Thanks Leleii!
I love them, and have them placed upon my altar.
:love:

Lady Orchard
16-04-2006, 03:36
I don't work with crystals anymore, but most of them I got nothing from, only the strong stuff, like herkimer diamonds or moldavite. And I know now that beginners shouldn't start on such powerful stones, they didn't do me any good in the end. xx

what happened redflash if you don't mind me asking?

redflash
16-04-2006, 06:30
Lady O, I have pm'd you xx