PDA

View Full Version : Quotes

Diana
19-07-2002, 22:44
edited

wavebreaker
19-07-2002, 23:22
Hi Diana,

If you want to split the quote, you have to repeat the appropriate codes. Every quote starts with a "quote" code between [] brackets (I can't type it here, because then it will be interpreted as a quote ;) ) and ends with a "/quote" code between [] brackets.

So if you want to split the quote, you type the "/quote" code where you want to end the first part, then you type your reply, and then you add a "quote" code where you want the second part of the quote to start.

Geenius at Wrok
20-07-2002, 00:09
Incidentally, if you want to prevent extra space from appearing beneath your quotes—

blah blah stuff—so that it looks like this—

blah blah stuff· · · · · · · · · · gaping hole here · · · · · · · · · ·

—instead of like this, start typing your new material immediately after the /quote tag rather than skipping lines like you normally would between paragraphs.

Umbrae
20-07-2002, 01:38
That's great!

But how did you change the color and the font?
How about Italics?

Lightlike
20-07-2002, 02:14
Umbrae,

I don't know about color or font tags for this forum but I know bold is b in []'s to start the bolded word or phrase and then /b in [] to end the bolding.

Italics is just i in []'s and /i in []'s

like [ i ] Italized stuff [ /i ] unformated stuff [ b ] bolded stuff [ /b ] unformated stuff

just take out the extra spaces I added inbetween the brackets and you get:

like Italized stuff unformated stuff bolded stuff unformated stuff

but if I leave of the /b at the end (or the /i at the end of a italics tag)
the bolding (or italics) wouldn't work it would just look unformated

does that make any sense?

wavebreaker
20-07-2002, 03:20
When you are writing a post or a reply, there's a frame entitled "Forum Rules" just below the Submit button.
In this frame, there is a link called "vB code". If you click on this link, you get a page with all the codes you can use, including those for font sizes and colours.

Lightlike
20-07-2002, 03:32
Thanks tarotlady, I didn't all that explaining and you made it so simple.

wavebreaker
20-07-2002, 03:36
Sometimes, life IS simple... :D

To make it even simpler: here's a direct link to the code page (http://www.tarotforum.net/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode).

Lightlike
20-07-2002, 04:51
Thank you for reminding me of that, tarotlady

Cause some people like me just make it more complicated than it actually is, lol :)

Diana
20-07-2002, 08:35
edited

Jimilyn
20-07-2002, 09:18
Diana,

Thanks for asking this question. I wondered how it was done, too, but was too silly a creature to ask. :)

tarotlady, Geenius, and lightlike,

Thanks for the tips and tricks. :)
I may actually learn to do everything this message board is able to do one of these days. :D

Jimilyn

purplelady
25-07-2002, 05:49
I tried to use the vb code for a SIGNATURE, to make it a color and italizised , but it simply would not work. I'm sure I had all of these brackets and things [] right also. The signature just would not show up on my posts. Perhaps the vb code just doesn't work for signatures?

wavebreaker
25-07-2002, 05:56
As far as I know, you can't use vbcode or smilies in your signatures, just plain text.