How much did your Deck Cost

Alpha-Omega

My first was $17 and my 2nd was $26 cause it came with a Book
Both are RW but one is the Universal

Annabelle

Those sound like pretty typical retail prices to me :).

If you don't mind buying online from sites such as Amazon and Overstock, you can find pretty cheap prices (i.e. often $9-$12 for a single deck) on mass-produced, in-print decks.

Most of the mass-produced decks that I own (i.e. decks from U.S. Games, Llewellyn, etc.) cost me $15 or less (some quite a bit less), but in part that's because I'm always on the lookout for sales, and I buy a lot on eBay.

HudsonGray

Deck prices on new ones seems to be going up. You used to be able to get a deck (no book sets) for around $15 - $17 but now the average is closer to $25-$30 on many. I'd buy more if they weren't as high. Maybe I should be looking more on e-bay.

starrystarrynight

Definitely Ebay. I bought a deck a year or so ago at a bookstore for close to $30. A few months ago I bought a couple on Ebay for around $17 each. That's including shipping. Just about half price...not bad.

Alpha-Omega

30! dam that alot. Where did you buy it?

Sulis

Most folk on ATF have more than one deck - different decks cost different prices.... Take a look on Amazon or TarotGarden or ebay...
Some decks cost nothing, some a couple of pounds or dollars - if you're after a Greenwood or another out of print and very desirable deck you could pay hundreds..

I'm a little confused as to what this thread is actually about - do you want to know how much folks paid for every deck in their collection or what their most expensive or inexpensive decks are?

Sulis

Unknownspirit

The highest I have paid ~ $54
The lowest I have paid ~ $11

redflash

The lowest I have paid is £7 for the Enchanted, deck & book, the most is, well, I hardly dare say it out loud......... I got into a bidding frenzy for a first edition Vertigo deck & book....I only intended paying upto £50.... I ended up paying almost £100 which is ridiculous, I should never have paid that much, they can be picked up cheaper than that. I have learnt my lesson though, that was a huge mistake !

Unknownspirit

Vertigo tarot was the deck I paid the most for.

redflash

Yeah, its definitely first edition, I should never have paid that much. Worst still, when I got it, I just thought NOOOOO!!!! It looked amazing online, & IS amazing, but its not for me. I will never read with it. A lesson learned !