PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

Diana
19-03-2006, 18:21
In some threads, I am unable to see people's signatures. In other threads I can see them. What is the problem?

Moongold
19-03-2006, 18:32
Diana ~

Are the same people involved?

Some people may not have signatures.

Diana
19-03-2006, 18:35
No. In some threads I can see signatures and in others, I can't (the same people). Same for my signature. I saw my signature in this thread when I posted it, but now I can't. In the Your Readings thread where I just posted, I see NOBODY's signature.

Alta
20-03-2006, 02:24
Hopefully Solandia will come through with an overview, but here is a comment.

I note that if I want my signature to appear I have to tick the box every time I post, and sometimes I forget.

Since you can see them sometimes, clearly you have ticked the box in UserCP to allow you to see sigs.

Better than that, I cannot do.

firemaiden
20-03-2006, 02:37
That's funny, I don't have to check the box every time I post, and my signature always shows up, but I can see Diana's signature in her first post in this thread, but not on her second post. Merkwurdig.

gregory
20-03-2006, 03:52
That's funny, I don't have to check the box every time I post, and my signature always shows up, but I can see Diana's signature in her first post in this thread, but not on her second post. Merkwurdig.

Me too - how odd. I'm sure that never happened before - but someone in another thread was saying they can never see sigs at all.... and they were told that you have to enable sig viewing - but they had ! and I never enabled any such thing !

(submits partly just to see if sig appears... }))

Fire Cat
20-03-2006, 03:56
I think firemaiden is onto something. Whoever is posting sans sigs sometimes and not others probably has a PC glitch (or mac, for that matter) that "unchecks" the "show signature" box in their posting.

KK
:THANG

gregory
20-03-2006, 04:01
Wow - testing.....

Yup. Hastens back to make sure this is the only post I make without a sig..... We grannies from hell need to make ourselves known !

So, Diana - have a look at the little box before you post. Why OTHERS aren't showing up I have no idea ! Could it be a browser cache thing ?

OakDragon
20-03-2006, 08:15
I don't know if this is any help or not, but I have noticed that each post apparently has some sort of "has sig" or "doesn't have sig" tag attached to it (functionally speaking) that is permanent. For example, if you turn your sig off and post, that post will never have a sig, even if you turn your sig back on for subsequent posts.

gregory
20-03-2006, 08:43
I don't know if this is any help or not, but I have noticed that each post apparently has some sort of "has sig" or "doesn't have sig" tag attached to it (functionally speaking) that is permanent. For example, if you turn your sig off and post, that post will never have a sig, even if you turn your sig back on for subsequent posts.
That was what I was testing - and you are absolutely right !

tmgrl2
20-03-2006, 08:52
Testing...

I leave the box checked and mine always shows...don't know why Diana's shows and then doesn't.

terri

Solandia
20-03-2006, 11:52
In some threads, I am unable to see people's signatures. In other threads I can see them. What is the problem?

Diana, adding a signature to a post is optional, and so someone's signature won't always show up with every post unless they've opted to do that.

Same for my signature. I saw my signature in this thread when I posted it, but now I can't.

The 'Show your signature' box needs to be ticked on every post you wish to have the signature appear under. (It should be ticked by default, however - which skin are you using to view the Forum?)

OakDragon, that's partly true - the signature setting is local to each post rather than being a global setting across all your posts - but you can edit a post in order to turn the signature on or off for that individual post.

~ Solandia

Diana
20-03-2006, 19:00
The 'Show your signature' box needs to be ticked on every post you wish to have the signature appear under. (It should be ticked by default, however - which skin are you using to view the Forum?)

I am using the grey plain skin, not the purple one. I have never ticked the box for my signature, but sometimes it shows up anyway. (I didn't even know there was a box.)

gregory
20-03-2006, 21:32
I am using the grey plain skin, not the purple one. I have never ticked the box for my signature, but sometimes it shows up anyway. (I didn't even know there was a box.)
I didn't know there was a grey skin :D. But I like purple anyway, so.....

Solandia
21-03-2006, 12:17
gregory - we have three different skins: Aeclectic purple, Plain white and grey, and No Preview which is the purple skin without thread preview tooltips. (You can change your skin at the bottom of the Edit Options (http://www.tarotforum.net/profile.php?do=editoptions) page.)

Marion & Diana - The Plain skin had the 'Show your signature' box automatically ticked when posting new threads but not in new posts, which is why it would only sometimes be added. It should be fixed now.

~ Solandia

Alta
21-03-2006, 13:02
It is for me. I noticed that today, the box indeed is now always ticked. That's nice, thanks.

The purple skin just hurts my eyes.

gregory
22-03-2006, 04:28
Thanks for that Solandia :)