Just somthing

Alpha-Omega

The first day i got my Deck the man at the counter said to me "Becareful not to give anyone bad readings they'll go after you" or somthing liek that.
I given Good and Bad readings, but its not like i picked the cards. They are picked on its own.

anyway when you bought your cards did anyone say anything to you

Lillie

Most of the time I find that shop assistants don't say anything. They just look bored out of their minds.

however, when they do talk (and especially if it is a male assistant talking to a pretty girl) they tend to make friendly, jokey little comments, like what was said to you.

I can't remember any thing with Tarot cards, but once, when buying a frying pan, I got a comment about buying it so I could hit my husband over the head with it.
I wasn't even married.
I just laughed and left.
It was just a joke.

It must be a boring job sometimes, and if they say the odd strange thing I suppose it is just to give it a bit of interest, or the manager has been on at them about interacting with the customers more.

Don't take it seriously.

tell me about it

Ah the deck shopping...

This happened when I bought went in to look at a deck of cards, but had to buy online, because they were out and weeks away from getting them in.

I guess I LOOKED like a newbie (I am), I had opened a bag of cards, and was reaching in to touch them, and this guy said "What are you DOING?!" I kind of flailed a bit, and said "I wanted to touch them" he said "oh. That's what they are there for." Then started talking to my friend. Every now and then including me in a joke. He was joking around with me one minute, and hugging me the next because I said something he approved of. This was strange because, I'm not a touchy feely type person, but I didn't feel a bad vibe or anything, he just didn't know better, and he hugs lots of people apparenlty.

gollog

I only bought 3 decks myself. The only comment I got was with my mini rider waite. The young guy behind the counter looked at them and said: oh, are these some sort of miniture tarot cards or something... never seen them... COOL!

So a nice reaction from him, I thought it was quite sweet..

raeanne

Hi all,
David went to work for a major book store. During his training he was repeatedly told to say ‘enjoy your books’ instead of ‘have a nice day’. The company had done extensive research to show that making comments about the books the customer bought was warmly received. Generic comments about the weather were not well received by the customers. David practiced everyday to make his small talk seem genuine. When a customer bought a cooking book he would say, “Enjoy your food”. When another customer bought a book about golf, he said, “Enjoy your game”. The manager complemented David on his effort. One day a woman came into the store. She spent a lot of time selecting her books. Finally she went to David’s register to check out. As David scanned the books, he noticed the titles: ‘Sex for One’ and ‘The Joy of Self Gratification’. David took her money and said; “Have a nice day.”

Baroli

raeanne said:
Hi all,
David went to work for a major book store. During his training he was repeatedly told to say ‘enjoy your books’ instead of ‘have a nice day’. The company had done extensive research to show that making comments about the books the customer bought was warmly received. Generic comments about the weather were not well received by the customers. David practiced everyday to make his small talk seem genuine. When a customer bought a cooking book he would say, “Enjoy your food”. When another customer bought a book about golf, he said, “Enjoy your game”. The manager complemented David on his effort. One day a woman came into the store. She spent a lot of time selecting her books. Finally she went to David’s register to check out. As David scanned the books, he noticed the titles: ‘Sex for One’ and ‘The Joy of Self Gratification’. David took her money and said; “Have a nice day.”

That is too funny. Oh man, the things that come up in my mind to say.

Baroli :laugh:

SunChariot

Alpha-Omega said:
The first day i got my Deck the man at the counter said to me "Becareful not to give anyone bad readings they'll go after you" or somthing liek that.
I given Good and Bad readings, but its not like i picked the cards. They are picked on its own.

anyway when you bought your cards did anyone say anything to you
Well, I have never bought mine in a store, always over the Net. Usually at amazon, once on E-Bay and I got 2 decks through a trade here at AT, so no that has never come up.

All the same I don't think it was the store clerk's place to give you warnings.

At the same time, no we don't consciously chose which cards come up. Things are going to come up that the querent may not want to see, or that are not what they hope thier future is.

While we can't chose the cards, there are ways to tell someone something, and that we can chose. If the cards depict something in their future that they don't want, we don't have to just say this is what the cards see in your future and stop there.

We can go on to explain that the future they depict is changeble and not written in stone. We can, for example say if they get the Death card that something will end in their life. This could be scary to hear. Of you can say that something will end, but stress the part that it is ending because it is time now for it to end to make room for something better (an interpretation which I believe is in the card).

So, no we can't chose the cards, but we can chose our words and explanations and make them gentle and caring. To tell them in a way that you would want to hear the news if you knew nothing of Tarot. Tact I think is important.

And that to me is something we should do. Bad news can be told in a good, kind uplifting way. Perhaps that is what the clerk meant. And just maybe when you take the effort to be kind and caring with your words to others in the universe, it attracts kindness from the universe back into your life. What you put out into life and the universe affects what comes back at you, karma and all...

Babs