Autogenic training

Josipa

Hi everybody. I was just wondering if any of you were practising autogenic training. I've just started learning it, and I love it. I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences with it, and maybe if you use certain crystals or herbal teas in this context.

Thanx,
Josipa

Bat Chicken

I tried this - however, my discipline is terribly lacking!:p It takes a great deal of discipline to do autogenics.
I actually came across it listening to a series on Medical Intuition to help me manage stress and a nasty case of irritable bowel. I know the instructors of this program are very into the use of Charkras - perhaps the use of Chakra stones might be good?

Josipa

It does take a lot of concentrating, that's why I decided to do it in the first place, because I'm also terrible at that department ;-) Chakra stones sounds good. Do you know which stone would work for solar plexus? I seem to be having most problems focusing on my belly ;-). And do you know any herbal teas that might help with the relaxation part, I know chamomile, but is there anything else, maybe a bit more effective?

Bat Chicken

I use lemon balm tea to relax. There are some good suggestions at the link below - the thread relates to sleep and dreaming but there are some good combinations suggested for relaxing:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=56126

As for the solar plexus stone - Amber, citrine and tiger eye have been suggested - basically yellow/gold. There are many sources and they are all different!:) Just look up chakra stones on the web and you should find a variety of suggestions for all seven.

It might be interesting to get a stone on each point (all 7 chakras) and see if that helps your concentration too. I would love to know how it goes and if these things helped - it might be the impetus for me to try autogenics again!:)

memries

I did Autogenic training way back in the 70's !!! It works wonderfully well to relieve stress and I continue to this day. Not always but when I feel totally wound up I do the exercises and it brings comfort and relief.
I never progressed beyond being able to do whatever the exercises are and never heard of crystals in this regard at all.
Oddly enough I looked up their site on the internet the other night and was wondering if I should pursue it further.
How interesting, I can see there are a lot of things I am missing.

Bat Chicken

Which site, memries?
I think I might be interested in learning more (you aren't refferrring to the Myss/Shealy site.....?).

redflash

I had never heard of Autogenic training until I read this thread. It sounds fascinating but theres not likely to be any practitioners in my local area. I googled it & found a website with a short list of practitioners which had nothing anywhere near me. Going to see if I can find something local for this. The website mentioned that it should be done under guidance. Hope I can find someone to help me get started with this, sounds like just what I need. x

Josipa

Thank you all for the advice. I've looked up some of the stones and I'm on my way to get at least some. I've been meaning to get me a citrine for a while now, so I guess this just proves I should ;-) I'll try the teas, thanks for the reference to the site. And I'll let you know how it works out. I'm doing this longer exercise plan, it takes about 6-7 weeks to get through all the exercises, it's a bit more elaborate version of the original 7 exercises.

Josipa

memries

Hi.. I took a long course with a private doctor a
Dr. Soicher...I wondered if she knew the originator in person ? At that time there was no internet and I went to her office week after week. I think she has passed on since.
I suppose in those days I was very stressed out. I do not take pills I want to feel my highs and I want to feel my lows. On pills you don't feel anything. My motto is... let everyone take pills to live with me ! Not saying I have never taken any tranquilizers so that is how I know.
It is well worth the time and effort you put into it and when I forget and get all uptight, then I remember to do the exercises and it helps a lot.

Bat Chicken

memries said:
My motto is... let everyone take pills to live with me !

LOL - great attitude!:D

I think I am going to dig up that CD and get working on destressing. I hope that anyone who finds a good site on autogenics will share the links!

redflash - this one may be of use to you - http://www.autogenic-therapy.org.uk/

I'll keep looking for N. American sites.....