PDA

View Full Version : selenite

mingbop
23-03-2006, 08:45
I recently saw crystal balls made of selenite...this looks like a full moon, its very amazing. anybody tell me anything about it ? I'm not buying it but am interested because its pretty amazing looking.

TemperanceAngel
23-03-2006, 09:05
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=18986&highlight=%2Aselenite%2A
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=52609&highlight=%2Aselenite%2A

The above links are great threads to read about selenite mingbop :)

Acadia
23-03-2006, 09:23
I absolutely LOVE Selenite!

It works really well with the crown and higher crown chakra and works really well in gridwork. :) Just keep it away from water...

A Selenite ball... I bet that makes for awesome scrying!!

TemperanceAngel
23-03-2006, 09:27
I know this sounds strange but before I had heard you could not put selenite in water I had been leaving mine in water overnight. I don't do that anymore. BUT my selenite is fine. It has not dissolved or has any marks from the water?
I don't know why, but I am happy I did not get up one morning and find it dissolved!!

mingbop
23-03-2006, 09:32
acadia , this is a pic of it. I didnt buy it, but I might later on....

Acadia
23-03-2006, 09:46
I know this sounds strange but before I had heard you could not put selenite in water I had been leaving mine in water overnight. I don't do that anymore. BUT my selenite is fine. It has not dissolved or has any marks from the water?
I don't know why, but I am happy I did not get up one morning and find it dissolved!!

I accidentally ran one through the wash once... It did a fair amount of damage.

I think yours may not have dissolved or broken apart was maybe because it was coated or it wasn't in water long enough. :) Either way, that's very lucky!

Acadia
23-03-2006, 09:48
acadia , this is a pic of it. I didnt buy it, but I might later on....

Oh, that's nice stuff... Very good energy. :) See the lines that are on the ball on the right? You want to see lines like that, since it is scarring that is trademark to Selenite. If the ball is entirely smooth, with no scarring, I'd be suspicious. :)

mingbop
23-03-2006, 10:01
yes...the one with the lines looks more natural somehow...Its a friend who sells them and she (SADIST) sent me obsidian, Amythest ARRGHH, the selenite, em what else. crystal. rose quartz, a beautiful fluorite, and a yellow one I canny mind the name of. like a sun. The amythest is fantastic, but somehow its just not me, I never choose it, dont know why. I do love stones and crystals ....it isnt fair. I should be rich !

TemperanceAngel
23-03-2006, 11:02
I think yours may not have dissolved or broken apart was maybe because it was coated or it wasn't in water long enough. :) Either way, that's very lucky!
But it was in water on many occaisons for 24 hrs. LOL!!!

mingbop
26-03-2006, 04:43
I got the obsidian one, it came this morning, and as I drew it out of the box....
I got all goosebumps and my skin TWITCHED ...Ooooh, I can't wait to play with it !!

cosmic_bubble
28-03-2006, 01:29
i have a lovely selenite palmstone that sits in a bag with my cosmic tarot deck :)

catlin
28-03-2006, 01:54
Hi Mingbop,
I have a Selenite ball for scying. I got it at a very reasonable prize some years ago and I still love it.

The only don'ts to take into consideration are: a) Selenite doesn't like water and b) it is a very soft material so handle with care.

Satori
28-03-2006, 02:08
I have an large piece of selenite that is a candle holder.
It is very large around, and stands about six inches high, with a drilled center that would hold a votive or pillar candle.

What I do with it tho is use it clear crystals etc. whatever will fit into the center area. It is such a gorgeous piece and i really love the orbs of selenite too, but, I love the filaments the raw crystal formation.

memries
28-03-2006, 02:14
I finally found a store not too far from me that sells stones and things I like to buy...tarot cards !.. I am off to check and see if she has any orbs and will certainly look for Selenite. They are just beautiful Mingbop ! Does your friend ship to Canada ? It would probably be too expensive with the exchange and all but no harm in asking.

WhiteRaven
28-03-2006, 02:25
Selenite

CLEANS & REPROGRAMS QUARTZ CRYSTALS
Selenite and Apophyllite are the only two minerals powerful enough to clear negative energies out of Quartz Crystals. Selenite is further unique in that it is the only mineral capable of programming Quartz Crystals.

Place any crystal, specimen or pocket stone you have been working with on top of your Selenite Wand. You can set a number of different stones in a row. The Selenite will both clean any energies present and recharge your other crystals and stones.

You can greatly increase any other crystal or stone energy by pointing your Selenite Wand at the other stone. Reprogramming is done this way. Just visualize how you want the energy of your Quartz crystal or other stone to perform.

ACCELERATES CONTACT WITH SPIRIT GUIDES
Spirit Guides, Angels, Higher Beings or Totem Animals can all be more easily contacted using a Selenite Wand. Access your subconscious as well. These wands are very potent. Be careful of your thoughts when working with Selenite.

Rub your Selenite in an outward direction with two or three fingers. At the same time visualize and ask to contact a guide. Selenite provides a bridge to other worlds.

FACILITATES PAST LIFE UNDERSTANDING
Use a similar rubbing process only use your thumb and rub along the ridges or striation lines of your Selenite. Ask for access to your Past Lives. This sometimes happens very quickly so be prepared.

ACCESSES ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE
Selenite is often used for clarity of mental processes. It was the original record keeping stone in Atlantean and Lemurian times. Using the same rubbing technique as for Past Lives, ask your Selenite for passage to particular areas of knowledge. Many times that knowledge is given to you in dreaming or while astral traveling.

When using your Selenite Wand in any of these ways or to amplify healing, make certain you use your inner powers to wipe clean the energy that has been placed into the Selenite.

OPENS CROWN AND THIRD EYE
Superior for psychic development and intuitive processes. A growing number of readers are finding Selenite more useful and manageable than Quartz Crystal. Quartz has that uncompromising habit of amplifying everything, positive or negative.

As a bridge to altered states of consciousness, Selenite is an excellent tool for visualization, meditation and working with the subconscious.

Goes to the source of physical disorders and provides insights into probable causes. Outstanding as a journeying tool for Shamans.

LOVE ATTRACTOR AND RESTORER OF HARMONY
Its unique ability to connect and balance the Spiritual and Physical bodies enables Selenite to do similar work between two persons.

Selenite is so powerful as a record keeper that some couples use a large Selenite piece as a message center. It tends to smooth out any difficulties due to unclear messages.

POTENT AID TO HEALING
Working with the subtle bodies Selenite pushes one to the area most in need of clearing and balancing. Its power in working with all of the chakras makes Selenite a universal healing implement.

Selenite is not like any other healing stone or wand that focuses its particular energy on a problem. Selenite works like a tuner on a radio to discover locations of static in the aura. As your own awareness grows so will your use of this mystical mineral.