PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Message Box

Abrac
23-03-2006, 09:47
I did a search for this problem but came up empty. Sorry if it's already been covered.

Sometimes when I'm typing, especially when I type contractions, a little box comes up across the bottom of the screen. It sort of looks like a taskbar. In the box it says, Find:, and then has a letter. For example, if I'm typing the contraction "I'm," it will be the letter "m." It's always the letter after the apostrophe.

I can't figure out if it's something with the applette, or my browser. It acts like spellcheck or something. I thought there might be a setting I could turn off and disable it. Does the Forum applette have spellcheck? It's getting really annoying cause you cant do anything until you either close it or do something with it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

-fof

rcb30872
23-03-2006, 10:44
I have never had that problem before, and I have been a member for almost 10 months. I never use spell check for anything, do you use spell check for something else? Say in your outlook express? Or any other site you may go to on the internet?

Alta
23-03-2006, 10:55
If somehow you accidently hit cntrl F, the browser will open a window because it thinks you are asking it to 'Find in the page'. Be surprised if it were the Forum.

Abrac
23-03-2006, 12:05
Marion, I just entered Ctrl+F. That's it, that's the box. I'm not sure how I'm doing it, but I must be causing it.

Thanks a million!

-fof

Alta
23-03-2006, 12:10
Yeah, I used to open up some mysterious Microsoft menu all the time. Never did figure out how, but it used to happen a lot with my former keyboard.

rcb30872
24-03-2006, 00:36
I do that as well, but a lot of the time, it is something else together, sometimes I close the whole window down completely, other times I minimise it, and other times you get the thing with four arrows, indicating the size thingymajig. It is driving me nuts, well, it was at one stage, I have no idea what I have been hitting for that to happen, thankfully it does not seem to happen for awhile. There was a time, like almost single time I was typing out a post, for probably a month, when that happened. When you typing something that takes a long time to type out, and nearly near the end, you close the window for the internet explorer, very frustrating!

Abrac
24-03-2006, 04:23
Yes, that happened to me a couple of times too, rcb.
Almost have the post done and *presto,* it's gone.

grrrrrrr....

-fof

Lillie
24-03-2006, 11:25
It happens when I'm typing. Instead of my little finger hitting the shift key it must hit ctrl instead. Then, depending on the letter I want to type, it does whatever!

It's very annoying, especially when everything goes!

If there is a key thing to undo what I just did, that would solve it. But I don't know how to do that.
Though it woeks on emails, cos there is an undo button.

rcb30872
26-03-2006, 00:24
It happens when I'm typing. Instead of my little finger hitting the shift key it must hit ctrl instead. Then, depending on the letter I want to type, it does whatever!

It's very annoying, especially when everything goes!

If there is a key thing to undo what I just did, that would solve it. But I don't know how to do that.
Though it woeks on emails, cos there is an undo button.
But Lillie, if you close the complete window down for outlook express or the internet explorer, there is no way that you can press undo, or do you mean the button (F2) on the keyboard, hmm, just thought of that, I wonder! Well if it happens again, I will try it out. The chances of that are highly unlikely I would say, once the window is closed, it is closed, you will lose what you have not posted and will have to type the whole thing out again. Whereas in outlook express, I guess it would be put in say the outbox or the draft folders.

I remember once, when I was doing that, I had only a few words left of a reading that I had done, and the whole thing went poof, just as well as I wrote it out on paper otherwise I would be up some creek without a paddle!!!!