I have a problem .....

redflash

& it's all your fault !!

I posted on another thread earlier about the Good Witch Bad Witch deck, I said it looked cute etc. Well, I ordered some Dog Wisdom cards as a Moms Day present for my mom, they arrived today.....

And when I opened the parcel, there, in with them, was the Good Witch Bad Witch deck.

I can't even remember ordering it !!!! I must have ordered so much stuff lately that I can't keep track of it all !!

I'm blaming you lot entirely, I wasn't addicted til I started coming onto this forum.

Ahhhhh but they're so cute, I have only had time to do one quick reading, will have to wait & see if it's accurate, but I do know that it was full of good stuff & said exactly what I needed to hear.

So............ I hate you all for getting me addicted.....

but..................

I also love you all for getting me addicted lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mythos

Know exactly how you feel. :laugh: I was not into the whole deck buying thing until I joined AT's. Forever broke, but so many lovely packages in the mail.

mythos:)

redflash

When I joined AT I only had one deck, I thought it was really weird everyone on here buying loads of decks, I couldn't see the point !

Then I started reading the threads about new decks that people had found, started looking at the pictures & it was downhill all the way !

I think my postman hates me, he has to carry all the stuff I keep buying online !

skinofthesoul

redflash... you are not alone! :):):):)

I couldn't see the point either - still don't consider myself a collector at all, but I do like to have a close look at maaaany decks and there are simply so many excellent reading decks (for me at least) that I can't stick to just one! And I like to get some that I'd never read with just for a look and a bit of study and comparison, and sometimes you get surprises there. And I love trading unwanted or less wanted decks for more exciting ones. :) So - perfectly normal, you are!

Just a short story to go with this: I got the Navigators of the Mystic Sea deck on ebay (5 € INCLUDING shipping, so no loss) and felt this was like the weirdest deck I'd ever seen. Strange art, strange symbolism, I was a bit freaked out at how weird it felt to me. Well I took my then eight decks to a user meeting of another forum last weekend and we had a wonderful time looking over the decks and seeing who liked what best and why. And one of them had said beforehand that she liked tarot as such but had big problems with every deck she'd ever seen, so I said oh you wait, I've got to show you the Petersen etc. And guess what she ends up with?? :D Weird deck gone to happy home. That was a very nice way of getting rid of it.

:D skinofthesoul~

werdy

i think i have the same problem

shapeshifter tarot,sacred circle tarot and magical unicorn arrived today

catlin

Ever tried de-enabling???

Well, guys, so go and try the de-enabling thread, maybe this will help you.

I never tried de-enabling because I love being tarot addicted, it is the nicest addiction in the world!!!

werdy

hiya catlin
um um i dont think i could try how would i spend my times otherwise hehehe
im not that bad really

Sophie

I have found the de-enabling thread posts some of the most enabling on AT!

I'm in the same case as many people here. I used to have two decks - one main one. Now I have (I forget).

But as long as there are people like gregory around, with her 1000+, I know I have far to go.

I have occasionally traded a deck I didn't really get on with, but on the whole I am very pleased with them. It allows me to go through phases with my decks, instead of stopping reading altogether for a month or so, as used to be the case. I also love the worlds all those different decks open up for me. I was looking through the Kazanlar last night - what a dainty marvel of a deck, East and West, with the look of 15th century Persian-Indian miniatures!

sharpchick

I bought many decks when I first started reading - I think in six months or less, I had about 25. Started thinning the collection - decks I had thought I'd like, but then in person, we just didn't click.

Now I have a smaller collection and a shorter wishlist, but I know the type of artwork and style of deck that I love, and it's easier for me to take a slower pace in adding to my collection.

If I could just do the same with books. . .

Teranar

Some things never change. :)