Do you believe some days are 'bad' or 'good' to do a Tarot reading?

Dark Artemis

Any time a friend of mine plans to do a tarot reading she always consults a book called "The Celtic Book of Days," which indicates how auspicious (or not) her chosen day is. If it is a "bad day" she won't do a reading.

For myself, it are circumstances and events that dictate whether or not I do a reading. For example, yesterday, everything aligned perfectly for me .
Last week, while in my favourite bath/body/aromatherapy shop buying a new oil burner I saw they had a special on gift packs that included various bath/after bath products containing purifying essential oils of eucalyptus and grapefruit.. which were a perfect way for me to prepare for the reading I was planning. Then, I found out during the middle of this week that I would have all of yesterday (including the night) to myself because my partner was out of town and our son was over at a friend's place. So.. everything lined up for me.

Thus, I don't personally pay any heed to the day upon which I do a reading. For me it is a matter of seizing opportunity. I do pay attention to my intuition, and if I get a feeling it is not a good time, I don't read, but I don't consult books.

I'm just curious where other people stand on the question :)

Dwaas

Hi Dark Artemis,

I have never heard of a Celtic book of Days. Sounds interesting. Not to apply but to get to know more about it. I read whenever I want, except for when I feel sad or angry, because I believe my emotions might overshadow any possible outcome. That's the time for more yoga and meditation :).
Blessings

aria

i do the readings when i feel right...and i end up with very high accuracy in my readings..there are some days when people ask for a reading and i postpone it simply cos i dont feel right...its like an inner calling for me...thats when my intuition is at its peak and i feel more aligned and less blocked...havent heard about specific dates being good or bad!!

zhahmi

I don't find that some days are better for me to do readings, but I have realized that I can no longer do my card a day draw the night before the day in question before I go to bed. I would mold my day to represend the card. I've had to move my card draw of the day to the same day at the end of the day and then I now reflect on my day (if that makes sense). Power of suggestion, I guess.

Zhahmi

a_shikhs

I think each and every day is good for readings. No day is bad. I read whenever i feel the deck is calling to me. Ive heard that one shouldnt read the cards at night because of the spirit world being close and all. But i enjoy reading at night as my intuition is in its highest form at night.. I guess one should read the cards as and when they like.. My two cents.. :)

~Shikhs

Dark Artemis

@Dwaas,
Hello :)
I know what you mean. I really need to feel in the right frame of mind to do a reading.
Though I've found that preparing myself for a few hours beforehand is very helpful. I work out every day as it is (helps to keep me sane), but yesterday afternoon following my workout I also spent half an hour in the sauna.
Then before my reading I soaked for quite a while in the bath and used a body scrub with cleansing properties. I felt calm and at peace when I finally sat down to my reading.

Regarding night time readings... It is actually the only time I will read. For me, psychologically, it has to be dark outside. I love the protective covering of the night... and like others I also feel a heightened sense of intuition then.

Grizabella

I don't believe that, at least for me, there are any good or bad days to do readings. There are some times when I just don't feel like doing a reading because I'm tired or not feeling really well so I wouldn't be tip top for interpreting what the cards have to say, but that's different than what you're referring to.

sharpchick

Lyric said:
I don't believe that, at least for me, there are any good or bad days to do readings. There are some times when I just don't feel like doing a reading because I'm tired or not feeling really well so I wouldn't be tip top for interpreting what the cards have to say, but that's different than what you're referring to.

Ditto Lyric for me. . . it's also not good for me to do a reading when I am angry about something.

Deana

I'm not sure why your friend would consult that book: it's not like it's an ephemeris or something. I used to have another daily book by Caitlin Matthews called Celtic Spirit and it was beyond useless.

Anyway, I sometimes pay attention to certain things when deciding whether to read. Is it the day before I'll be getting my period? If so, the readings are usually depressing and weepy. That sort of thing. Having the flu is definitely not a good time to do a reading (I always feel like my psychic powers are heightened during the flu but it ends up just being the fever talking.)

I also only read at night most of the time because I have two loud sons and they need to be in bed first.