how did you build your confidence?

phetish

about 10 years ago i put my cards away. at the time, i just couldn't trust myself that what i was feeling wasn't just my imagination and my creative mind putting together a good story. i didn't have the confidence to trust myself.

so that brings me to my question: how have you been building your confidence in your abilities?

thanks in advance :)

derek

Teranar

I trust myself. that's all I can do. I say everything I see and feel, leave nothing out, and hope. That and after good readings time and time again I tend to have a little faith in my ability. Just try it on yourself, and others, and such, Basically practice and get more familiar with it. The more comfortable you are, the more confidence you will have.

Chiara

The first time I read for someone else I was shocked at how accurate it was. I read for a family member who knew I was new at it. And now many readings later for many, many people, I still am shocked at how accurate it is!

Little Baron

I spoke to a friend on the telephone today and she said that the details of a recent readings were spookily true. I was stunned, as she was. And this is not the first time.

And as more people confirm that what I feel and say makes sense, I get a little more confident; even though I am still at a stage where I am a little hesitant when others ask me to read for them. I never refer to books. I go with my gut reaqctions. But I never 'make things up' either. If I don't know, I have to say. And that is why I am always a little hesitant; because I want to get it as right as I can.

LB

Moon mind

I pretend... I imagine that I'm someone else. somehow I become not attached emotionally to the reading.
mm
P.S.
don't blame yourself if you wrong.

Unknownspirit

You should try writing down every reading you do. Then you will be able to see that almost all of your readings have come true.

Shaymus

Another way I've found that can increase your confidence is doing daily readings for yourself...but....doing them at the end of your day, for the day that is just finishing. That way, you get to see how the meanings of the cards are interpreted for you.

Shaymus

bleuivy

Honestly, the only way I've found that helps me build confidence in my readings is by doing readings. I read for just about anybody that wants a reading. When I don't do a particularly good reading - it isn't accurate, or whatever - I know that I have a huge amount of readings that I've done that are accurate.

Also, if I keep a record of readings that I've done that haven't felt accurate, and I go back to them later, it turns out that they were more spot-on than I had given them credit for.

Good luck and read on! :)

Spirit2Celeste

As many others have said here, I have gained confidence by reading for others and finding out that I have been accurate or close to home more often than not.

I practice and spend time with the cards. I have gotten to know them and I can feel when I am in tune with the cards and when I am not. I don't know how to explain it except to say that the more I use the cards to read with, the more I can pick up the cards and know this is the time, or wait a bit.

Mostly I just go with my gut and practice. I also record all my readings and go back to them to see how I am doing. it helps me to see how I am growing and changing and I have only been doing this for 5 1/2 months.

I can't wait to see what I will be like when I have been doing this for a long time.

Hope this helps,

Celeste

Baroli

I did the same thing as you did,...

by putting my cards away. I even threw them out (I know, shoot me). I had lost my confidence, I lost my way, so I decided to follow a different path. It turns out the different path led me right back to Tarot. And believe me it was hard to do my first reading amongst "real people." I was waiting for the reaction of "are you nuts?" LOL, I didn't get that but man, you are right on the mark!! Sometimes I get foggy, but the mist clears and I am right back on track again. So, I think by practicing, giving readings to others, helps to build up the confidence factor. And don't be put off by a bad reading. It happens. Don't beat yourself up.

Peace
Baroli